[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
neoIDjoe

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by neoIDjoe »

I don't know what you mean. letter? why can't we converse here?
thnx,

Joseph
neoIDjoe

Post by neoIDjoe »

pag77 wrote:> 2.2.6 won't accept my city or zip code.

please send me letter: pag77@mail.ru

thnx,

Joseph
pag77

Post by pag77 »

I need to be screenshots of your problem (screenshot forecastfox-settings-page)
and, possibly, access your computer through Teamviewer

But I think I know what the cause of your problem:
missing bar with the weather forecast at the bottom (or top) of the browser
Please search it :)
most likely it is hidden in here: customization window
please open Customization mode and drag-n-drop forecast-bar in the browser
exit2213

Post by exit2213 »

I would love to give this a 5 star review because the few seconds at a time Ive been able to use it, it was wonderful. The icons show in the toolbar for 3-5 seconds when I restart Firfox 37.0 then disappear, not to be seen until FF is restarted again. . Anyone have suggestions on how to make it work? I have version 2.2.6 downloaded and have tried 2.2.4 without success. I would really appreciate any advice on how to get this app to work. I'm not sure if I'm osting this question correctly or in the right place. If not, please steer me in the right direction. I'm rather naive when it comes to using forums.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

It may be a conflict with another add-on.
Please, temporarily disable other installed addons and try to repeat the problem
neoIDjoe

Post by neoIDjoe »

pag77 wrote:It may be a conflict with another add-on.
Please, temporarily disable other installed addons and try to repeat the problem

I disabled all but ForecastFox and no improvement.
thnx,

Joseph
exit2213

Post by exit2213 »

Thank you Pag77. I disabled all my add-ons which fixed the problem. Strangely, when I re-enabled each add-on one at a time Forecastfox continued to work! So, as of now, this is beyond a 5 star rating because I can use it like I want and I didn't have to lose any other add-ons to use it. Thank you!
exit2213

Post by exit2213 »

exit2213 wrote:Thank you Pag77. I disabled all my add-ons which fixed the problem. Strangely, when I re-enabled each add-on one at a time Forecastfox continued to work! So, as of now, this is beyond a 5 star rating because I can use it like I want and I didn't have to lose any other add-ons to use it. Thank you!
Ok, as of this morning, I ran into the same problem with ForecastFox disappearing. I narrowed it down then solved the problem. The Yahoo Search Engine interferes with this app. You can still use both but you have to have ForecastFox set up at the bottom of the page. If it's at the top along with the Yahoo toolbar then it will only appear for a few seconds then disappear.
exit2213

Post by exit2213 »

exit2213 wrote:Thank you Pag77. I disabled all my add-ons which fixed the problem. Strangely, when I re-enabled each add-on one at a time Forecastfox continued to work! So, as of now, this is beyond a 5 star rating because I can use it like I want and I didn't have to lose any other add-ons to use it. Thank you!

Ok, as of this morning, I ran into the same problem with ForecastFox disappearing. I narrowed it down then solved the problem. The Yahoo Search Engine interferes with this app. You can still use both but you have to have ForecastFox set up at the bottom of the page. If it's at the top along with the Yahoo toolbar then it will only appear for a few seconds then disappear.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

neoIDjoe wrote:
pag77 wrote:It may be a conflict with another add-on.

I disabled all but ForecastFox and no improvement.

> It may be a conflict with another add-on....

this message is not for you :)
for you please read this text:

pag77 wrote:I need to be screenshots of your problem (screenshot forecastfox-settings-page)
and, possibly, access your computer through Teamviewer

But I think I know what the cause of your problem:
missing bar with the weather forecast at the bottom (or top) of the browser
Please search it :)
most likely it is hidden in here: customization window
please open Customization mode and drag-n-drop forecast-bar in the browser
pag77

Post by pag77 »

exit2213 wrote:Ok, as of this morning, I ran into the same problem with ForecastFox disappearing. I narrowed it down then solved the problem. The Yahoo Search Engine interferes with this app. You can still use both but you have to have ForecastFox set up at the bottom of the page. If it's at the top along with the Yahoo toolbar then it will only appear for a few seconds then disappear.

I can not repeat your problem.
Please send me letter: pag77@mail.ru
neoIDjoe

Post by neoIDjoe »

neoIDjoe wrote:
pag77 wrote:> 2.2.6 won't accept my city or zip code.

please send me letter: pag77@mail.ru

I emailed a screenshot.
thnx,

Joseph
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 2.3.1 await approval
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/forecastfox-fix-version/versions/

changes:
added: support Thunderbird
added: Azerbaijani locale (thanks Qudret Qasimov)
added: tooltip for 5-day forecast
fixed: link for 5-day forecast
fixed: minor bug fixes
Infinite Rainbow

Post by Infinite Rainbow »

Fantastic add-on. There's something I'd like to see if it's possible - perhaps you could consider it for future releases.

When using my favorite icon to see radar current conditions, even with the Large display, the area covered is rather small. It would be so nice to have an option to see more of the map, so that I can see what's coming - not just what's already here.

Not saying to necessarily change the current display, for it's great for what it does. Suggesting adding the ability - perhaps via another icon - to view larger spaces such as SouthWest, Mississippi Valley - that sort of thing. If offering such options is too cumbersome, then even a USA display would be good.

Thanks for your wonderful work! =D>
<p><font>Theresa Harvey</font></p>
jsal0318

forecastfox (fix version) 2.3.1

Post by jsal0318 »

hi, just curious why isnt forecastfox (fix version) 2.3.1 working? how do i fix it?

thx