[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pag77

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by pag77 »

Leif-AMO, To avoid interference from websites css I'm trying to all my elements to nullify initial value:

Code: Select all

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
s3forecast.forecastbar.reset_style = function(el) {
	el.style.setProperty ("background", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("border", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("border-radius", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("border-spacing", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("border-collapse", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("direction", "ltr", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("flex-direction", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("font-weight", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("height", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("letter-spacing", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("min-width", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("max-width", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("min-height", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("max-height", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("margin", "auto", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("outline", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("padding", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("position", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("text-align", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("text-shadow", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("width", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("word-break", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("word-spacing", "initial", "important");
	el.style.setProperty ("word-wrap", "initial", "important");
pheb62

Post by pheb62 »

I'm on FF 45.9.0 ESR, for a good reason. Until recently I was even on FF 38, and FF 33 for the past three years.
Web sites requiring always the latest Forefox are driving me insane. I don't want to upgrade, I love the "old" design which I even had to get back with extra addons.
Every time I am forced to upgrade my browser, a few of my most beloved addons get BROKEN. That SUCKS.
Now ForecastFox is broken too, and I'm screwed again. The version 2.4.8 is broken, a new version not available because of jquery crap required by Mozilla, and because Oleksandr opted for the FF 57 web crap and did version 3.x - which won't run on FF 45.

I'm really DONE with all the update/upgrade hysteria caused by todays "agile software development" - new updates are coming dayly and won't even tell one what has been changed anymore (see Facebook apps on iOS) - no info, just blah blah, "we update the app every two weeks blah blah" ...

On my computers I still stick with Windows 7, which still has the same quirks that Vista introduced - no more useful F3 search function, but a useless and CPU consuming "indexing" of files on my hard disks, but no way to quickly scan through a bunch of files for a certain text line. Let alone Win8 an 10, 2D flat tile crap with pale colours, because 4D wasn't possible as a next step from 3D looks.
Office versions with Ribbons, a constant clicking and seeking for a function needed, useful functions that were still on Office 2003 have been dropped, all others renamed, repositioned, hidden ... a task in Excel that took me 20 seconds in Office 2003 isn't done after 20 minutes in Office 2007/2010/...

Windows Updates. AV software updates. Browser updates. Addon updates. I'm doing nothing but updates, and don't find the time to do my work, and what I intended to do.

Computers and software were once built to get my work done faster.
Now i'm a slave to marketing bullshit.

I can't stand it anymore.
I'll DISS the whole bunch of crap. I'm DONE. I'm REALLY done.
Last edited by DanRaisch on May 29th, 2017, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Minor edit for language.
ther19

Post by ther19 »

I'm not sure I understand all the details but if you're asking as to whether you should keep working on getting the FFox status bar back online where I can put it in border of my main Firefox menu, the FOR GOD'S SAKE YES!!!! The look seems fine, just make it so I/we can see the current status, (and click on the various buttons for details), today's forcast, a couple days into the future and that green radar button and it'll be fine. Get that up and running asap and I'm sure people will be fine with your taking time after that to fine tune it. Don't let the perfect get in the way of the perfectly fine for now...
Seriously, (and I am a donor from way back so I guess I have the right to ask... beg actually), it's like I'm missing an old friend. Every time I turn around, Mozilla is screwing around with their simple product to the point where it's really getting inconvenient. I can provide my own security. Firefox is getting to be more trouble than it's worth and since it's free, that's a pretty damning indictment. I know from what you've posted and from that helpful post that your fellow add-on developer put up that you're doing that best you can and that we're all just twigs floating down Mozilla's stream but please do get this figured out quickly and fine tune it later.
So... to keep it simple, if the question is, should you keep working on restoring a Forecastfox status bar, the answer is, and I repeat - FOR GOD'S SAKE YES!!!! Thanks for doing your best. I hope people keep rewarding you for your efforts.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

ther19

Version 4.1 has already been created and is awaiting approval by the Mozilla administration - Queue Position: 148 of 256
changes: Weather Forecast Bar is restored!

PS:
I do not know when the version will be approved
It depends from the Mozilla administrators
Maybe a few days or a few weeks

Good Luck! :)
pschroeter

Post by pschroeter »

pag77 wrote:ther19

Version 4.1 has already been created and is awaiting approval by the Mozilla administration - Queue Position: 148 of 256
changes: Weather Forecast Bar is restored!

PS:
I do not know when the version will be approved
It depends from the Mozilla administrators
Maybe a few days or a few weeks

Good Luck! :)
Thank you so much. Is there anything we can do to convince Mozilla to move the process along?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

pschroeter wrote:Thank you so much. Is there anything we can do to convince Mozilla to move the process along?
You can join in #addon-reviewers on irc.mozilla.org and ask administrators to check Forecastfox 4.1 as soon as possible :)
Just send a message to the main chat - someone will respond.. :)
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

One quick question: Will this new version 4.1 still work on the older Firefox (like 52.1.2 ESR) or is it only for the newer way that
Mozilla wants extensions coded ? ? .. Thanks
pag77

Post by pag77 »

85rx-7se wrote:One quick question: Will this new version 4.1 still work on the older Firefox (like 52.1.2 ESR) or is it only for the newer way that
Mozilla wants extensions coded ? ? .. Thanks
Forecastfox 3.4, 4.1, ... - only for Firefox 52+ and Google Chrome
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Okay, thought so. So I stay with what works: 2.4.8
pag77

Post by pag77 »

85rx-7se wrote:Okay, thought so. So I stay with what works: 2.4.8
the older Firefox (like 52.1.2 ESR) - it's Firefox 52+
ther19

Today It won't connect to Accuweather

Post by ther19 »

No now I just have an umbrella icon. No weather at all when I click on it.
Is this due to the statusbar replacement? I.e. are we all waiting for the Mozilla Admins to get around to approving this?
Firefox is getting to be WAY more trouble than it's worth.
Does your addon work for Chrome?
pag77

Re: Today It won't connect to Accuweather

Post by pag77 »

ther19 wrote:No now I just have an umbrella icon. No weather at all when I click on it.
Hmm.. Please screenshots
ther19 wrote:Does your addon work for Chrome?
Yes, Forecastfox for Firefox and Chrome uses the same code
Forecastfox (fix version) for Google Chrome:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... hafabdepnd
JOJ0

Post by JOJ0 »

just received the update...Olek you are one hell of a crazy developer. Great job I hope this version silence the unrest population :)
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 4.1
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/foreca ... x-version/

changes:
Weather Forecast Bar is restored!

1. Addon Permissions: Access your data for all websites
2. Forecast bar now has 2 mode: Vertical (by default) and Horizontal
3. Forecast bar will not be displayed on some sites from mozilla.org and google.com
4. Forecast bar will not be displayed on sites that do not have pages, for example error 404 (page not found)
5. Forecast bar will not be displayed on internal Firefox and GoogleChrome pages, for example about:addons , about:config , chrome://extensions/ , chrome://settings/ , etc.
6. Forecast bar will not be displayed on the WebExtensions pages "moz-extension://...." , "chrome-extension://...."
7. Forecast bar may not be displayed correctly on some sites. In this case, report the problem on the forum

Special thanks to Jack Black for his help in testing the version 4.1

Last edited by pag77 on June 6th, 2017, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

JOJ0 wrote:just received the update...Olek you are one hell of a crazy developer. Great job I hope this version silence the unrest population :)
thank you! :)
I wonder how many now I will get angry reviews...