[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
smsmith

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by smsmith »

It does not appear to me that 85rx-7se is trying to post a different build of the extension, merely pointing out that he now understands why the legacy version was discontinued. 95% of the post is just a copy-paste of a detail page for the extension. I did not see a link to any modified builds, but if there are any, please disable the links or remove them. Thanks.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

i would call it an unauthorized modified build, either legacy or not. all rights are on Oleksandr.
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

You can call it what you want, but nothing was modified or put up for download. As "smsmith" said, all I did was copy information from the add on home page and post it here to let others know what had changed as to why the "Set new location" does not work. I did not provide a workaround.

Now onto a another issue: I tried the latest version of Forecastfox and while it will let me add new locations, the display (I am on FF 52.9.0ESR) is somewhat screwy. I have it on the main menu bar in the upper right. All it shows is a bunch of === then a small icon on the far right which lets you see the forecast. I would like to know if / how we can get this to display somewhat normally.

> https://i.postimg.cc/s2frcDrH/How-it-should-look.jpg -- This is the top photo

> https://i.postimg.cc/HWFTggwj/How-4-20- ... rrible.jpg -- This is the bottom photo of 4.20
Last edited by LIMPET235 on December 10th, 2018, 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image tags removed to restore the forum layout.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

85rx-7se wrote:All it shows is a bunch of === then a small icon on the far right which lets you see the forecast. I would like to know if / how we can get this to display somewhat normally.
"===" - this is text from a tooltip.

it may be a conflict with other add-on.
please temporarily disable the other add-ons and check again your problem
after you find this problematic extension - look in its settings, for sure there is an option to "display labels for toolbar buttons" or something like that...
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Okay ... Apparently ForecastFox 4.20 does not play well with Classic Theme Restorer 1.7.8 .. Not sure what to do to get it to look somewhat decent. Also I am using Firefox 52.9.0ESR web browser (32 bit version) and this problem is on both Windows 10 Home 64 bit laptop and also on my Dell Dimension 8200 with XP PRO SP3 ... Please see if you can duplicate the problem and maybe find a way to fix it.
smokinjo

Post by smokinjo »

Hello,

I just found this extension and i Like it a lot.

I found something that I can not change, and it bugs me:)

The default setting for switching displayed cities is 0.05 minutes, or about 3 seconds.

But, this is too quick, and annoying for me.

I click on the field to adjust the time, and it accepts it, but when I check on the switching option,it just reverts back to the 0.05.

Can someone please tell em how to make a change stick?

Thanks

Joseph
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

pag77 ... Are you going to try & test ForecastFox 4.20 with Classic Theme Restorer 1.7.8 and see if you can resolve the display issue I mentioned above ? ? ? Using Firefox 52.9ESR This is the only problem stopping me from using the latest release of ForecastFox 4.20 (Classic Theme Restorer is also at it's most current version 1.7.8) ... Since I am not a coder someone who knows what the codes do, must examine it and try to come up with a fix. ... Thank you
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

pag77 or anyone who may know the answer:
We know ForecastFox 2.4.8 can not get new locations due to some change with Jquery
What I do not know is if this is caused by changes to ForecastFox or if has something to
do with Firefox (I am on 52.9ESR) or if the issue is with Google Maps, where ForecastFox
goes to. If it is with ForecastFox can we use an older version (which one) to set the locations
then go back to 2.4.8 ? ? ? ?
milongal

Post by milongal »

Hi everyone. FYI I have Classic Theme Restorer 1.7.3.4 and the ForecastFox rollover works fine. But, but, but...I can't click and drag it anymore to move it someplace else. The little shrunk-down icon sits up in the top right corner right over where logout "x"s etc appear! When I go to the options page, I don't see any way to change its position. And there's no "move cursor" anymore either. Even worse, when I right-click to do "Customize" toolbars so I can rearrange where my addons are, the FF opens the customize page with that horribly useless full-height blue panel on the right, which totally covers the ForecastFox icon I'd like to grab and move. Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance.
pschroeter

Post by pschroeter »

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional, but when I roll over the radar icon it brings up my state radar as I want, but when I click on the radar icon it takes me to the radar for the entire country and I have to click two more times (Country>Regional>State) to bring up the state view that I was originally trying got reach.
Slickone

Post by Slickone »

I've noticed, especially lately with the cold snap, that occasionlly Forecastfox will show the temperature and conditions for one of the upcoming days way off from the rest of the days, and when I check Google weather, it doesn't show that. Then the next day, that outlier will have changed a lot and be back to 'normal'. Is this likely just bad forcasting by Accuweather? I don't have any examples, and it's not showing it now so I can't compare to Accuweather.
zoom38

Post by zoom38 »

Just installed this add on and am testing it out. So far I like it but I experienced the same issue with the interval setting as smokinjoe. The default is .05 minutes and it cant' be changed. I would like more time, it interval is way too short. Please correct it, it is very annoying. I would also prefer the setting be in seconds instead of minutes. However, either way the setting must be able to be changed.

Jack
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

zoom38 wrote:Just installed this add on and am testing it out. So far I like it but I experienced the same issue with the interval setting as smokinjoe. The default is .05 minutes and it cant' be changed. I would like more time, it interval is way too short. Please correct it, it is very annoying. I would also prefer the setting be in seconds instead of minutes. However, either way the setting must be able to be changed.
I discovered that if you turn off the checkbox for automatically changing locations, then edit the time interval (hit enter after typing in the new interval) you can then change the interval if the option is turned on or off. Kind of a weird workaround, but it worked for me.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

zoom38 wrote:Just installed this add on and am testing it out. So far I like it but I experienced the same issue with the interval setting as smokinjoe. The default is .05 minutes and it cant' be changed. I would like more time, it interval is way too short. Please correct it, it is very annoying. I would also prefer the setting be in seconds instead of minutes. However, either way the setting must be able to be changed.

Jack
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 4.21
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/foreca ... x-version/
Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... hafabdepnd

changes:
fixed: details, hourly, 5-day links
fixed: minor bug fixes