[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Gone Postal

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by Gone Postal »

sideburns wrote:And if you'll read my post, you'll see that I never blamed the developer.
Never said you did. Just trying to give a bit of context for all who weren't seeing what they wanted.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

Why does it come & go (It fights with Roboform) on my screen?
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

walkerpbus wrote:Why does it come & go (It fights with Roboform) on my screen?
Please a link to the problem page and a screenshot
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Latest Nightly builds have broken ForecastFox - It displays the temp in the navigation bar but clicking on the Icon gives a brief flash of a tiny black box and nothing.

I'm guessing its likely related to bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1357486 Enable <-Turn on OOP extensions by default on Windows

Setting pref to 'false' fixed it for now, bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1357486 on file for the issue with drop-lists.

pref: extensions.webextensions.remote;false
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

Rant

Who gave Mozilla Foundation the right to decide what happens on my machine?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Gone Postal wrote:Rant

You did when you chose to install their products on your machine.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

Frank Lion wrote:

A man can't even have a rant in peace now!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Gone Postal wrote:
Frank Lion wrote:

A man can't even have a rant in peace now!
I know, I used to get replies like that when I ranted.

It's true though, it's like asking why does a snake bite me every time I pick it up? It's because that's what they do, that's why. You've done better than I did, I bailed after Australis and the silly decisions and constant uncertainty of stuff breaking every 6 week update.

Mind you, this time next year, SeaMonkey will also go down this damn fool webextensions route as well, I reckon, and my search for peace and quiet will start again. :)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

Only managed to stay with FF because of add-ons like Classic Theme Restorer making it a browser that suited the way I want to interact. The developer of that has already said that he has no intention of updating the add-on to suit and some add-ons are already disabled (FireFTP, Classic Toolbar Buttons) on my system with no prospect of an update so it is getting closer and closer to bye-bye Firefox. FF57 will be the make or more likely break I fear.

It will be a shame to leave after Oleksandr's hard work but I like Google Chrome even less than I like what is happening to FF.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Gone Postal wrote:.. so it is getting closer and closer to bye-bye Firefox. FF57 will be the make or more likely break I fear.
When 57 hits, I suggest you swing onto the Firefox 52 ESR version, which is security update supported until around May next year - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/o ... tions/all/

I'm not saying it's an ideal solution, but nothing is, and at least you'll get another 6 months of Firefox (and Forecastfox/CTR) use out of it.
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

I had a shutdown crash in SeaMonkey 2.53a1 with Forecastfox (fix version) 3.4, where Socorro mentioned this extension ("Signature replaced with a Shutdown Timer signature"). I couldn't find Oleksandr's bugzilla-address-of-record (if any). See bug 1379994.
Best regards,
Tony
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Gone Postal wrote:It will be a shame to leave after Oleksandr's hard work but I like Google Chrome even less than I like what is happening to FF.
Forecastfox (fix version) for Google Chrome:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... hafabdepnd
tonymec wrote:I had a shutdown crash in SeaMonkey 2.53a1 with Forecastfox (fix version)
It seems to me that the problem in SeaMonkey...
Forecastfox (fix version) has the same internal code for Firefox and Google Chrome and does not have such problems as you mentioned for SeaMonkey
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

pag77 wrote:
Gone Postal wrote:It will be a shame to leave after Oleksandr's hard work but I like Google Chrome even less than I like what is happening to FF.
Forecastfox (fix version) for Google Chrome:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... hafabdepnd
Nope, must be a language thing.

What the guy is saying, I think, is that they'd rather eat worms than use Google Chrome, which is pretty much how many people here feel. So...you posting the Chrome version link here is not going to make them jump for joy, is it? See? :)
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

Oleksandr

Appreciate your attempt to point me towards your Google version but Frank Lion sees where I am coming from.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

I just wanted to notify that Forecastfox exists for Chrome and Firefox
And now the addon is completely the same for both platforms
And if you run away from Firefox in the direction of Chrome, then you always find Forecastfox for yourself :)