[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pag77

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by pag77 »

wgianopoulos wrote:it should have a simpler way to toggle between viewing radar and satellite views.
What do you mean? Please screenshots...
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

pag77 wrote:you use noscript?
please temporarily disable noscript.
THis had nothing to do with the problem. The way I got here did not explain that the user interface had been totally changed so I assumed it was not working because I did not see the Forecastfox toolbar at screen bottom.
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

Another thing I can no longer find, and not sure actually got posted correctly. With the version 3.4 version of the extension, if is uninstall/re-install I ends up back with default settings. It seems also hard to clone settings to another computer. I have no idea if there is anyway to do this from a webapps type extension, but and export setting/import settings addition would fix this. But then just documentation of what file to snag and copy would be sufficient to resolve both issues.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

wgianopoulos wrote:Another thing I can no longer find, and not sure actually got posted correctly. With the version 3.4 version of the extension, if is uninstall/re-install I ends up back with default settings. It seems also hard to clone settings to another computer. I have no idea if there is anyway to do this from a webapps type extension, but and export setting/import settings addition would fix this. But then just documentation of what file to snag and copy would be sufficient to resolve both issues.
1. Go to the menu Help -> Troubleshooting Information (or enter about:support into address line) and then click the Folder Profile - Show folder button. With sufficient rights you will see all folders and files of your profile
2. search folder "browser-extension-data" / "forecastfox@s3_fix_version"
3. copy folder "forecastfox@s3_fix_version"
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Notice the second line fades out on right side in the 'Tonight Forecast' - needs a word-wrap for long text I assume.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

TheVisitor wrote:Notice the second line fades out on right side in the 'Tonight Forecast' - needs a word-wrap for long text I assume.
I did it on purpose, otherwise the design will break down
But you can always hover over the mouse and see the hint:
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

pag77 wrote:
TheVisitor wrote:Notice the second line fades out on right side in the 'Tonight Forecast' - needs a word-wrap for long text I assume.
I did it on purpose, otherwise the design will break down
But you can always hover over the mouse and see the hint:
Ahh,OK.. thanks. Didn't think of hovering over the text.
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

Forecastfox has stopped working :(
  • Using Forecastfox (fix version) 2.4.8
  • Nothing from Forecastfox on the toolbar-menubar where it used to be, not even the (+) button to drag it when the prefs page is open
  • No icons and no custom units on the prefs page
  • This is very recent, no more than a few days
  • I'm using SeaMonkey nightlies (a new one every day), see the bottom line of this post
P.S. If I set options, then close and reopen the options window, everything is forgotten (i.e. no options are highlighted).
Best regards,
Tony
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

I have the same version on Windows 10 Home 64 and it is working just fine.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

tonymec wrote:Forecastfox has stopped working :(
[*]I'm using SeaMonkey
I'm very sorry, but due to the transition to WebExtensions, will no longer support XUL-API (SeaMonkey, PaleMoon and older versions of Firefox)
pag77

Post by pag77 »

pag77 wrote:
[*]I'm using SeaMonkey
I'm very sorry, but due to the transition to WebExtensions, will no longer support XUL-API (SeaMonkey, PaleMoon and older versions of Firefox)
I just tested SeaMonkey Nightly version 2.50a1 - it looks like SeaMonkey will do support for WebExtensions
It is necessary to wait a few months until they finish doing this features..
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

pag77 wrote:
pag77 wrote:
• I'm using SeaMonkey
I just tested SeaMonkey Nightly version 2.50a1 - it looks like SeaMonkey will do support for WebExtensions
It is necessary to wait a few months until they finish doing this features..
I'll try an earlier version of Forecastfox then. Let's hope someone tells me wen Web Extensions get ported to SeaMonkey, and let's hope, also, that it won't mean the death of ChatZilla and the DOM Inspector.
Best regards,
Tony
pag77

Post by pag77 »

tonymec wrote:I'll try an earlier version of Forecastfox then.
I'm sorry, but I'll upset you.
In version 2.4.8, the city search does not work for weather forecast
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

No luck with ealier versions either. I guess I'll have to wait. And if and when someday I get a Forecastfox which again displays something in seaMonkey, then will be the time to see whether or not I gan get a forecast for my city, or for that matter for other cities of interest to me.
Best regards,
Tony
pag77

Post by pag77 »

tonymec wrote:No luck with ealier versions either. I guess I'll have to wait. And if and when someday I get a Forecastfox which again displays something in seaMonkey, then will be the time to see whether or not I gan get a forecast for my city, or for that matter for other cities of interest to me.
You can make the old version work if you somehow block the link that starts like this:
"https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js/QuotaService"

PS:
Hmmm... I just checked 2.4.8 in SeaMonkey - it looks like the addon works fine again without additional locks