[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pag77

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by pag77 »

version 4.5
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/foreca ... x-version/

changes:
fixed: minor bug fixes
13wolfblake37

Post by 13wolfblake37 »

pag77 wrote:
13wolfblake37 wrote:I am using version 4.4 on Firefox nightly (2017-08-01) 64-bit and when I click the icon the days of the week show up, but that date next to it is a day off. For example, the spot that say "Today" next to it shows "8/1/2017" even though today is the 2nd.
All the data get from XML by Accuweatcher
If Accuweatcher decided that today "8/1/2017" - then means today "8/1/2017" :-)
But seriously - try updating the data: click to "reload weather data"
I found the issue. Going to about:config and setting "privacy.resistFingerprinting" to True makes it think it is a different day.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Is it possible to suppress the 'tool-tip' when the Icon Button to display the Forecast Panel is displayed ? Its getting annoying to click to look at forecast then have the 'tool-tip' appear over the top.

If nothing else perhaps limit the tool-tip to one line ? Either show 'Now' Or 'Today' maybe ?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

TheVisitor wrote:Is it possible to suppress the 'tool-tip' when the Icon Button to display the Forecast Panel is displayed ?
Sorry, but it's impossible
TheVisitor wrote:If nothing else perhaps limit the tool-tip to one line ? Either show 'Now' Or 'Today' maybe ?
Forecastfox - settings - Weather forecast in the tooltip on the toolbar button - Number of forecast days - set 0
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

pag77 wrote:
TheVisitor wrote:Is it possible to suppress the 'tool-tip' when the Icon Button to display the Forecast Panel is displayed ?
Sorry, but it's impossible
TheVisitor wrote:If nothing else perhaps limit the tool-tip to one line ? Either show 'Now' Or 'Today' maybe ?
Forecastfox - settings - Weather forecast in the tooltip on the toolbar button - Number of forecast days - set 0

Excellent - setting to '0' is perfect, thank you.
maveet

Post by maveet »

During these last days I find sometimes pages load reasonably quickly, and sometimes I need to disable ForecastFox. Which is ok, I don't need to see the weather every moment. cheers.
maveet

Post by maveet »

During these last days I find sometimes pages load reasonably quickly, and sometimes I need to disable ForecastFox. Which is ok, I don't need to see the weather every moment. cheers.
maveet

Post by maveet »

Also, when I click on the icon, I get a map of New York. I'm in Australia, and even after turning off "other location", I continue to get NY map.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

maveet wrote:Also, when I click on the icon, I get a map of New York. I'm in Australia, and even after turning off "other location", I continue to get NY map.
Forecastfox - settings - other - Radar (or satellite)? - system
13wolfblake37

Post by 13wolfblake37 »

I am using Windows 10 Anniversary Update along with Firefox Nightly 57.0a1 (2017-08-10) (64-bit) and with gfx.webrender.enabled when I click the weather icon, all that shows up is a large, blank grey area.
maveet

Post by maveet »

pag77 wrote:
maveet wrote:Also, when I click on the icon, I get a map of New York. I'm in Australia, and even after turning off "other location", I continue to get NY map.
Forecastfox - settings - other - Radar (or satellite)? - system
=D>
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

My apologies if this has been mentioned... it's 53-page thread. :D

I've set the icons to be the Classic Winstripe 1.0 in the options. The button icon changes, the panel that opens when you click the button icons change, and the floating toolbar icons change. But when I close the options or switch to another tab, the only one that stays as my choice is the button icon. All others revert to the AccuWeather Modern icons (probably because I had used that choice earlier in session. And, when I close and reopen the browser, they ALL revert to the default icons. Will try to reproduce in a clean profile. This profile has been around for years and is my "Nightly" profile.

Still happens in Firefox 55.0.2. From what I can tell, the icons will revert to the previous selection after each restart. For instance, in my release version profile, I had previously chosen the wPod icons. After switching to something else, closing the options page, the toolbar button stays at the new selection, the panel shows the wPod icons, and the floating toolbar shows the wPod icons. Reopening the options shows the new selection is active. Closing and restarting the browser, and everything is back to wPod.

Let me know if that makes sense or not.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

The latest version of forecast fox is incompatible with ebay. Is there a way to fix this issue? thx

Please ref; this thread for more info...
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3032912
Last edited by LIMPET235 on August 27th, 2017, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added a tad more info via the Support thread link.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

jsal0318 wrote:The latest version of forecast fox is incompatible with ebay. Is there a way to fix this issue? thx

I have no issues searching on Ebay with the latest version of ForecastFox (Fixed) are you using the latest ? I've never known Forecastfox to interfere with browser operation.

Latest is 4.5
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

TheVisitor wrote:
jsal0318 wrote:The latest version of forecast fox is incompatible with ebay. Is there a way to fix this issue? thx

I have no issues searching on Ebay with the latest version of ForecastFox (Fixed) are you using the latest ? I've never known Forecastfox to interfere with browser operation.

Latest is 4.5
yes, i am using 4.5 as well. I surely am having issues with it.