[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TheVisitor

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by TheVisitor »

pag77 wrote:version 4.21
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/foreca ... x-version/
Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... hafabdepnd

changes:
fixed: details, hourly, 5-day links
fixed: minor bug fixes
Latest Nightly build when I visit the AMO only have a button to 'Remove'... ??
pag77

Post by pag77 »

TheVisitor wrote:Latest Nightly build when I visit the AMO only have a button to 'Remove'... ??
what do you mean?
please screenshot
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

pag77 wrote:
TheVisitor wrote:Latest Nightly build when I visit the AMO only have a button to 'Remove'... ??
what do you mean?
please screenshot
http://i67.tinypic.com/2h88pwo.png

The button briefly flashes Add to Firefox then quickly changes to 'Remove Button'
Last edited by smsmith on June 2nd, 2019, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed image tags as it was breaking forum layout - smsmith/moderator
pag77

Post by pag77 »

probably Firefox Nightly checks for the extension in the browser and changes the behavior: if the extension is installed - "remove" button, otherwise - "Add to Firefox" button
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

pag77 wrote:probably Firefox Nightly checks for the extension in the browser and changes the behavior: if the extension is installed - "remove" button, otherwise - "Add to Firefox" button
Your right, I just checked with a clean profile and the Add to Firefox button was shown.
EDIT: Just discovered that I can still right-click the 'Remove' button and download the xpi file.

Sorry for the noise.
pschroeter

Post by pschroeter »

Would it be possible to make Forecast Fox show up on (Blank) New Tabs? I seem to be constantly wanting to check the weather when a blank tab is open.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Good idea!
pag77

Post by pag77 »

pschroeter wrote:Would it be possible to make Forecast Fox show up on (Blank) New Tabs? I seem to be constantly wanting to check the weather when a blank tab is open.
do you mean ForecastBar?
pschroeter

Post by pschroeter »

pag77 wrote:
pschroeter wrote:Would it be possible to make Forecast Fox show up on (Blank) New Tabs? I seem to be constantly wanting to check the weather when a blank tab is open.
do you mean ForecastBar?
No, I have Forcastfox and that little weather icon I keep down in the lower left corner doesn't appear in blank tabs. I tried to ignore it but for some reason I keep wanting it in blank tabs. After killing most of my extensions and especially the status bar, I hate the way the newest Firefox creates pages that look like webpages that don't behave like real webpages.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

pschroeter wrote:No, I have Forcastfox and that little weather icon I keep down in the lower left corner doesn't appear in blank tabs. I tried to ignore it but for some reason I keep wanting it in blank tabs. After killing most of my extensions and especially the status bar, I hate the way the newest Firefox creates pages that look like webpages that don't behave like real webpages.
"..little weather icon I keep down in the lower left corner" - it is ForecastBar :)

But unfortunately, these are WebExtensions limitations:
1. Forecast bar will not be displayed on some sites from mozilla.org and google.com
2. Forecast bar will not be displayed on sites that do not have pages, for example error 404 (page not found)
3. Forecast bar will not be displayed on internal Firefox and GoogleChrome pages, for example about:addons , about:config , chrome://extensions/ , chrome://settings/ , etc.
4. Forecast bar will not be displayed on the WebExtensions pages "moz-extension://...." , "chrome-extension://...."
bgula

Post by bgula »

I have Forecastfox 4.23 updated to July 5. I live in Canada and it stopped updating this past week, so I don't get any days past today (Saturday). If I switch to a US city, everything works fine. Switch back to my city and it goes back to last Tuesday. Any ideas?
Regular Firefox User

Post by Regular Firefox User »

Have you considered adding a feature that would allow manual reordering of the locations listing? Occasionally I have to add and/or delete a location and would appreciate the ability to reorder the listing so it is a logical listing for my needs. Thanks for your consideration!
tenderfoot

Post by tenderfoot »

I like the Forecastfox extension very much. It is by far my preferred weather extension on all of my machines.

As a bit of a paranoid privacy advocate, I fail to understand why[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version) requires such an invasive amount of information as stated in the Permissions for this Extension:
Access your data for all websites
Access browser tabs
p060477

Post by p060477 »

Hi since yesterday the visual mode in which the -hourly- forecast is shown has changed
i attached the firefox NEW view and the chrome OLD view
i really prefer the OLD view as in the chrome view attached
could you pls help me?
thxs so much in advance
cheers

see these pic attached:

http://www.filedropper.com/withchrome

http://www.filedropper.com/withfirefox
p060477

Post by p060477 »

the worst thing is that Mr POPOV its maker is absent..he did not reply not here..not in dedicated forums and not at his email address..is this project End of Life..?