MozillaZine

[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Athaedriel

Post Posted November 11th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Hi pag77, something is wrong with the extension since about 2-3 weeks ago. It coincided with a 3-day power outage that affect much of the state in California, including my ISP which went down about 2 days after power went off (they had batteries that ran out after 2 days), I had a generator. When everything came back up, forcast fox wouldn't work -- keep getting connection error. I thought it would go away but it still hasn't come back. I can only see it connect to a hostname forecastfox3.accuweather.com:443 (184.25.56.43) with a TUNNEL command, but in the window I get a connection error.

It had been working before that power disconnect -- which I can't see how would be related (maybe it is not). Any ideas?

Thanks!

85rx-7se

Post Posted November 12th, 2019, 5:46 am

It sounds like your ISP's DNS Server is messed up due to the power outage. There are ways to change the DNS your Router uses, easy to Google it and your router model to see how to change the DNS you are using.

Dreamer8

Post Posted November 15th, 2019, 8:03 am

Hello, I just found this extension, I like it, but I'd like a bit different toolbar button click dialog (not for the forecast bar).

What I miss:
- chance precipitation in % (also in hourly forecast)
- hourly weather forecast, on the same dialog (as option)
- hour forecast in 2 hour steps (as option)
- night forecast (as option)
- better quality images
- transparency (as option)

Here is an example with the tooltip dialog:

Thanks.

kaytian

Post Posted November 16th, 2019, 5:03 am

For the last six days I receive this error: There is a problem connecting to the weather service. I can click daily and go to accuweather, but Forecastfox (fixed) is not updating in my browser. Is this a problem only I have? Is there a fix on the way?

Athaedriel

Post Posted November 16th, 2019, 10:22 am

85rx-7se wrote:It sounds like your ISP's DNS Server is messed up due to the power outage. There are ways to change the DNS your Router uses, easy to Google it and your router model to see how to change the DNS you are using.

I run my own DNS server on small dedicated linux box. It's a bit slower than using a popular DNS server like google's or my ISP's (comcast), It basically looks up the site starting at one of the root servers and follows the delegation path.

When it first starts, It shows icons for 'now', today, tonight tomorrow+tomorrow night.
Hovering over the 1st icon, popup shows it says 'now' date=10/27 or 21 days ago, but hitting one of the icons took me to the 3-day forecast @ http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/santa- ... ast/327138
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/santa- ... ast/327138

85rx-7se

Post Posted November 16th, 2019, 10:26 am

I would reboot the DNS box and let it refresh everything. Wacky things happen when power goes out.

Athaedriel

Post Posted November 16th, 2019, 4:02 pm

It's been rebooted more than once since that 3-day power outage.

Just today, I noticed that the radar icon was green again and precipitation images (6 of them) are updating again, but the forecast icons are still from 3 weeks ago. Hmmm.....

Return to Extension/Theme Releases