MozillaZine

[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TheVisitor

Post Posted March 7th, 2022, 5:09 pm

I just checked and the radar is now working again, at least for me. I had noticed it not updating for a couple days now.

GBinHoosick

Post Posted March 7th, 2022, 5:29 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. It's working for me now too. I don't know for sure, but I believe the problem may have been on AccuWeather's end, rather than on Forecastfox's end.

pschroeter

Post Posted March 13th, 2022, 8:39 pm

I've been meaning to mention that from March 2 to March 7 the radar wasn''t working. The time stamp jumped in odd leaps and no radar data was shown. On the 7th it showed one frame and then all of them a few hours later. In the five days it didn't work I discovered the radar is too busy and too complicated in any of the alternatives I tried. Forecast Fox has a nice simple radar I can understand in a glance I can get to in about two seconds.

When it first happened I wondered if it was tied to the war in Ukraine as the creator Oleksandr Popov appears to be Russian, though his website appears to be in Germany..

brunoais

Post Posted May 27th, 2022, 10:01 am

Extension is very slow and causing the browser to be too slow due to the amount of logging.

The logs are full with the message

Error: Please use $(ref:runtime.getURL).

There are other addons with this problem but forecastfox is the worst of them due to the very very high number of times the problem appears in the logs.

The problem is in the theme.js file but there are so many messages, I'm unable to copy and paste the full path of it.

Please fix it!

Anan

Post Posted July 19th, 2022, 4:50 am

I just got my wife a new Win 11 laptop by ASUS. Firefox is working fine but I can't get Forecastfox to properly install: when I try to change the location, I get a mostly blank page with a tiny input window at the top that has a whirling ball that goes on whirling for five or more minutes so I can't enter my zip code. Is there something I must fix in Firefox to get past this roadblock? ](*,)

bluestarz

Post Posted July 26th, 2022, 4:57 pm

Anan wrote:I just got my wife a new Win 11 laptop by ASUS. Firefox is working fine but I can't get Forecastfox to properly install: when I try to change the location, I get a mostly blank page with a tiny input window at the top that has a whirling ball that goes on whirling for five or more minutes so I can't enter my zip code. Is there something I must fix in Firefox to get past this roadblock? ](*,)

If you have HTTPS-Only mode enabled, try disabling it. Then use Forecastfox to change locations. I had the same problem and it worked for me. Then re-enable HTTPS-Only mode when you are done.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases