[Ext] uBlock Origin

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
GµårÐïåñ

Re: [Ext] uBlock Origin

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

You are overthinking it, on the uBlock popup, find the line that says inline-script and disabled it on the right column but choosing the red block, that's it.
Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

it's not working anyways:

||motherless.com^$inline-script

If i try to open videos on new tabs from that search page, i get a:

->
"This page requires Javascript, and Adobe Flash version 10.0 or greater. You're seeing this message because you have Javascript disabled in your browser, or because your installed version of Flash does not meet our minimum requirements"
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I didn't spent too much trying to "debug" this for you as I have no mood to dig too deep into the site, no pun intended, but simply have 3p-script and 3-frame blocked the site works fine with nothing popping up, enjoy. And while I have mine enabled globally, you can do it just for each site, just indicate in the right column instead of the left.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

Thanks but i still get:
"This page requires Javascript, and Adobe Flash version 10.0 or greater. You're seeing this message because you have Javascript disabled in your browser, or because your installed version of Flash does not meet our minimum requirements."

opening videos on new tabs from the search page.

i clicked on what you've told me, with now, in temp:
motherless.com * 3p-frame block
motherless.com * 3p-script block
motherless.com * inline-script block
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

unfixed ((
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

delicacy1 wrote:Thanks but i still get:
"This page requires Javascript, and Adobe Flash version 10.0 or greater. You're seeing this message because you have Javascript disabled in your browser, or because your installed version of Flash does not meet our minimum requirements."

opening videos on new tabs from the search page.

i clicked on what you've told me, with now, in temp:
motherless.com * 3p-frame block
motherless.com * 3p-script block
motherless.com * inline-script block
For the flash, they are using SWFo library to build the embed which is not going to work if the library for it is blocked, but they seem to be doing it using inline, so just remove that last one with the inline, I didn't need to do that and make sure your flash is on because apparently they don't use HTML5.
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

Firefox WebExtensions

I added a workaround for issue #2734, so that the dashboard and logger can be opened from the popup panel. The buttons in the popup panel will behave as mere links with the webext version. This is not ideal as this mean one can open multiple dashboard or logger pages, something which does not occur with legacy version of uBO, or with Chromium version of uBO. Unexpectedly, the strict-blocking's "document blocked" page sometimes does open properly.

I received an email from Firefox informing me that on September 1st, 2017, all the extensions having "featured" status which are not converted to webext on AMO will lose their "featured" status. At this point, I am considering pushing the webext-hybrid version of uBO into uBO's dev channel on AMO, despite #2734. I don't think the webext-hybrid qualifies as a webext, but is a necessary step to migrate user data seamlessly.
also posted here http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14754804
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

It looks like uBlock being active on gmail hides the graphs of the icon that has the doorhanger with Sign Out on it. Can any one confirm? Can anyone suggest what what it is in Firefox that needs to be changed to correct this? Thanks. (FYI: This icon is not being hidden in Chrome.)

EDIT: Or, maybe not. After turning uBlock off and back on for gmail, the graphics has "magically" reappeared. Go figure.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I have noticed inconsistent states where things show loaded but they are not "actually" loaded and often there is no way to resolve it for me other than to close the tab and reopen the link in another tab to make it a "fresh" request, but sometimes when caching is involved, even that doesn't resolve it. It is frustrating but I don't think it is necessarily a bug just the timing of how the "resources" are handled and if the other side, like Google, Microsoft or whatnot uses some crazy ass implement of their site and try to do "fancy" things, then it can causes more situations where this can happen.

For example, if the site - like Microsoft has been doing lately - delay loads resources in a "app" style format using a ton of AJAX or side loaded resources, uBlock struggles hard to maintain consistency and stability, which is not entirely their fault, but probably should be redrafted to better handle this new asinine "coding styles" now being used and the "frameworks" that they run on. I know that this unsolicited commentary does nothing to help you and I am sorry for that, but felt it was potentially valuable to tell you what i have observed as the reason in case it helps you in some way.
v1adimir

Post by v1adimir »

Does anyone know, suddenly (just after a factory data reset and reinstall) uBlock Origin is breaking things left-right-and-center. Not changed anything, everything default. Lenovo Vibe C2 (K10a40) on Android 6.0

Code: Select all

http://ibb.co/eP4Uua
http://ibb.co/fvYuSv
http://ibb.co/nBfkZa
^^ Example screenshots, some filter - or, something - is breaking the Internet for me. No clue as to what's going on. :-/
v1adimir

Post by v1adimir »

WildcatRay wrote:EDIT: Or, maybe not. After turning uBlock off and back on for gmail, the graphics has "magically" reappeared. Go figure.
Yup, it's the"Block remote fonts" option. On Android 6.0 this has magically started to produce a problem for me, all of a sudden (after a Factory Data Reset, one of many and never before; go figure).

The reason you can see the graphics is because they get loaded in cache while uBlock is off.
gorhill

Post by gorhill »

v1adimir wrote:suddenly (just after a factory data reset and reinstall) uBlock Origin is breaking things left-right-and-center. Not changed anything, everything default.

Code: Select all

http://ibb.co/nBfkZa
uBlock Origin does not block remote fonts by default, the only way for this setting to be enabled is that you enabled it yourself. Same for "Block media elements larger than ..." and "Prevent WebRTC from leaking local IP addresses", you also enabled these yourself.
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

My friend, I am almost 100% certain this is not a serious question as this user's post has so much nonsense in it, there is no clarity on any real issue here.

Likely if the device is rooted, they screwed up their iptables using something else and they think it's uBlock doing it.
Mupasa

Post by Mupasa »

uBlock Origin v1.13.4 (from AMO)
"buildID": "20170714030205"
"userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0"
New profile.
I have problem with content process locking on this page http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/commit/? ... e33b2f2312
Somebody have this too?
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

Mupasa wrote:uBlock Origin v1.13.4 (from AMO)
"buildID": "20170714030205"
"userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0"
New profile.
I have problem with content process locking on this page http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/commit/? ... e33b2f2312
Somebody have this too?
try the Ublock Origin Dev Beta https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sions/beta specially when using Firefox Nightly