IE Tab, open IE-only pages in "embedded IE"

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
joelw135

Error if IE Tab URL is used as home page.

Post by joelw135 »

I set up IE tab to load my home page, but after my home page loads in iE tab I can not open another page I first get a script error and if not I get a page not found with chrome.
FremyCompany

Post by FremyCompany »

Hello, First of all, congratulation for this work of excellent quality.

In the future, I like nevertheless that we can use some tools such a DOM Explorer and a Javascript console (improved?) under IE Tab, too...

That would facilitate largely the development of Web site, because for the moment, it is still obligatory of launching IE separately to be able to profit, for example of the tools available in the IE Developper Toolbar.
mekaeel

Post by mekaeel »

Hello there,

I only wanted to mention that while browsing websites in IE mode and use middle-click it doesn't open the link in a new tab like it does in IE or even Firefox. Everytime I want to open a link I have to right click and choose "open in a new tab". It would be wonderful if this can be fixed ^_^

other than that I can't say anything besides thank you so much for the great extension!

best wishes,
retselseer

Post by retselseer »

Is it at all possible to have a version of ietab which would allow one to specify where internet explorer is located at on their harddrive? You know, like the IE View extension does. Otherwise, this is an awesome firefox extension. Thank you very much.
jayhansen

Always Load in IE Tab

Post by jayhansen »

I was reading on about being able to always load a web page in an IE tab. I cannot get this to work. I can right click and switch rendering engines I have tried looking in the options area to see where the only thing I find where you can enter in an address is a filter window. I tried that but it don't work Can anyone help me??

Thanks
Thanks
Jay
GerdNielsen

Post by GerdNielsen »

Thanx for IE Tab. It's great! =D>

But I have this annoying problem:
On danish keyboards we have a key 'Alt Gr'. To write a @ we enter 'Alt Gr'+2, to write write £ we enter 'Alt Gr'+3, to write $ we enter 'Alt Gr'+4. But when we do this in a page loaded with IE Tab, Firefox jumps to tab 2, 3 or 4. Very annoying! Is there a conflict with a shortcut? Can it be fixed?
webvan

Post by webvan »

Same here, great plugin but altgr annoyance : when I type a [, AltGr+5 on a French keyboard I get taken to Tab 5. If I deactivate IE Tab for that page, no problem typing that key sequence, is there a reg entry somewhere to fix that ?
nilhz

question

Post by nilhz »

I had a question about IETab relink code
chrome://ietab/content/reloaded.html?url

Recently I build a website that already used this script. I dont know how to edit this url, besides that I have new files upload so I can`t solve. In mozilla starts ok, but whenI enter with a EI, it displays the old content (just one part) when I refresh the page it loads the new site. I really want to know how I can edit this script? (I already replace, the index and default archives in the host server).

I will apreciate if you can help me

Thanks
Gualala Bill

Can't seem to install IE Tab

Post by Gualala Bill »

I tried to install. FireFox downloaded IE Tab and said I had to restart FireFox, which I did. Nothing. No icon in FireFox. Nothing in the right click menu. Nada. I can't download it again because the Mozilla add-ons site thinks I already have it. TOOLS/ADD-ONS does not think I have it.

What have I done wrong?
a13antichrist

Post by a13antichrist »

Hi, hopefully my problem can be sorted with the correct rules/regular expressions but I'm not too familiar with how they might work together.

Here's the issue: We use Firefox for internet sites but IE for the internal OWA site; I would like to be able to embed IE Tab so that OWA always opens with IE, however the problem is that once the IE tab is open, other sites opened from that tab are still in IE - like for example clicking on a link inside an e-mail displayed in OWA. That page will open also in an IE tab, which will fail as iexplore.exe is blocked from accessing external addresses (firewall ACLs). I therefore need to configure a rule that FORCES all pages back to the Firefox engine even when clicked on from within the IE Tab, for all URLs not specified in the IE Tab filter.

Does that sound do-able? Or should that actually be the default behaviour ayway?
saschapi

Re: IE Tab, open IE-only pages in "embedded IE"

Post by saschapi »

I'm looking for a solution to use a range of domains with IE Tab.

All Domains are looking like this:

http://www.my-domain.XXX (e.g. my-domain.com, my-domain.de etc.)

Does anyonw know how a respecting rule should look like?

Thanks in advance :)

Sascha
patfla

Post by patfla »

It appears that the latest Minefield trunks break IE Tab:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1311335
Rekrul

Post by Rekrul »

I installed IETab in FF1.5 (FF2 was unstable, can't use FF3 without screwing with my system) and it's a nice idea, but it loads pages much too slowly to be of any practical use. Pages that load in a couple seconds in IE take minutes to load in IETab.

Are there any known conflicts with other extensions that would cause this?
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

Rekrul, you want this thread for IE Tab support questions: viewtopic.php?t=505032
Rekrul

Post by Rekrul »

Ngamer01 wrote:Rekrul, you want this thread for IE Tab support questions: viewtopic.php?t=505032

Ok, thanks.