IE Tab, open IE-only pages in "embedded IE"

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Old RPGM35

Post by Old RPGM35 »

Works great with Firefox1.0+ :D
FireManiac

Post by FireManiac »

You know what I think would be a good idea? A Filterset G sort of list that contains all of the sites that require IE to use. Then that could be uploaded into this extension. I would like that, but I unfortunately don't have the time to make that sort of thing ;)
I have an annoying habit of correcting people.
(But that's okay since I am always right)
daTerminehtor

Post by daTerminehtor »

Sorry to report...

This causes the plugin Flashgot to malfunction.

1. Tools, flashgot menu/submenu is blank
2. main context menu, it is shown twice, though the 2nd one, when clicked, will cause FF to crash

Unistall IE Tab, and the menu's correct themselves.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Installed from extensions mirror, doesn't work for me: winupdate says i need ie5 or later :-(
Interestingly enough though, the right click context was from ie. Somehow i was able to get to the update (clicking on ie links) and it scanned but no right click context (therefor couldn't bookmark - copy/new bkmrk trick took me back to the same page with warning).
What am i doing wrong? There must be an easier way!
Molgar

Post by Molgar »

nterestingly enough though, the right click context was from ie. Somehow i was able to get to the update (clicking on ie links) and it scanned but no right click context (therefor couldn't bookmark - copy/new bkmrk trick took me back to the same page with warning).
What am i doing wrong? There must be an easier way!

Just enter chrome://ieview/content/reloaded.html?url=http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ in the address bar and you're set.
rh

Post by rh »

i'm totally impressed! thanks :)

maybe you could make a stand-alone version of it, that does only require one installation?

oh and some kind of progress indicator would be good, because for some reason it takes relatively much time before ie displays the page...
Lazlo Woodbine

Post by Lazlo Woodbine »

makondo wrote:Interestingly enough though, the right click context was from ie.

You're just running IE in a FF browser window, so of course the right click menu was from IE.

rh wrote:oh and some kind of progress indicator would be good, because for some reason it takes relatively much time before ie displays the page...

IE code has to be loaded before the page can even start to be loaded, so it's not a surprise that it takes a little while longer.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Lazlo,
You're just running IE in a FF browser window, so of course the right click menu was from IE.

but of course!.... :)

Molgar and Jim,
thanks for your time. I just can't get it working with winupdates site (works for others though). The only way i can get to it is if i manually type either address in the URL bar. But it's not really worth the trouble as i can simply click Start/Winupdate and be there (yes, in ie though).
The http://windowsupdate.... link takes me to the page, as i've said, that recommends to install ie5 or higher.
Bookmarks/Bookmark this page doesn't work - dead link, nothing happens when i click it.
The chrome://ieview ... link takes me to "page cannot be displayed" page (with a dead link to ieview homepage).

Edit: restarted Fx and bookmark seems to be working!.... Hmm, computers!
jasonhk

Post by jasonhk »

###############
【IE tabs new version】
-add a icon on status bar, it can change to IE View.
-open IE Tabs on new tabs
- new firefox icon

ie tab extension:
http://forum.moztw.org//files/ieview_ie_tab__645.xpi

ie tabs plugins
http://forum.moztw.org/files/ie_tab_plugin_105.xpi
###############
rh

Post by rh »

Lazlo Woodbine wrote:IE code has to be loaded before the page can even start to be loaded, so it's not a surprise that it takes a little while longer.

i am aware of that, but not even the info that would normally be displayed in the IE statusbar is being shown in the FF statusbar. that way, even after having loaded IE you don't see any progress.
Lazlo Woodbine

Post by Lazlo Woodbine »

rh wrote:
Lazlo Woodbine wrote:IE code has to be loaded before the page can even start to be loaded, so it's not a surprise that it takes a little while longer.

i am aware of that, but not even the info that would normally be displayed in the IE statusbar is being shown in the FF statusbar. that way, even after having loaded IE you don't see any progress.

I'm sure it's not a simply matter just to get FF to host IE in a tab, getting information from IE as to its progress (which FF could only start to do once IE was loaded, anyway; I don't see how the loading progress could be indicated) just hasn't been implemented yet; this is early days for this extension. Be patient, and maybe the developer will add a progress bar feature but, to be honest, I can't see that it should be considered any kind of priority.
Lazlo Woodbine

Post by Lazlo Woodbine »

anti00Zero

Post by anti00Zero »

great extension but i have a little gui bug.

i use firefox 1.0.6 with theme neptun von aron spuler. the firefox or ie icon in the statusbar is displayed but after open a site there is a little line above.
when scroling, the line is moving. after scroling a page the line is gone.
A.C.

Post by A.C. »

@jasonhk or Hong Jen Yee

I've posted this extension on the Extensions Mirror, and I'll update it to include the new version. What version numbers should I use for reference?

jasonhk wrote:###############
【IE tabs new version】
-add a icon on status bar, it can change to IE View.
-open IE Tabs on new tabs
- new firefox icon

ie tab extension:
http://forum.moztw.org//files/ieview_ie_tab__645.xpi

ie tabs plugins
http://forum.moztw.org/files/ie_tab_plugin_105.xpi
###############
Matt526

this is great

Post by Matt526 »

This works great for me! thank you!