IE Tab, open IE-only pages in "embedded IE"

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pile0nades

Post by pile0nades »

I do not have this bug. I went to google.com and switched to IE mode and closed the tab, and firefox did not close.
Linkify bug numbers - test: bug 258287
Toad King

Post by Toad King »

Sorry if this has already been reported, but the DOM inspector doesn't work with this installed.

Firefox Build: 2005090806
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060617 Firefox/1.5.0.4 - Build ID: 2006061719
cub682

Post by cub682 »

Is there a link on how to install this extension (with the latest improvements) without reading this entire thread?
pile0nades

Post by pile0nades »

cub682 wrote:Is there a link on how to install this extension (with the latest improvements) without reading this entire thread?

Install the IE Tab plugin: http://forum.moztw.org//files/ie_tab_plugin_105.xpi

Then install the IE Tab extension: http://forum.moztw.org//files/ieview__050825__b_121.xpi

It would be easier if Hong Jen Yee edited the first post with this information.
Last edited by pile0nades on September 18th, 2005, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cub682

Post by cub682 »

[/quote]It would be easier if Hong Jen Yee edited the first post with this information.[/quote]

Yes it would, that was so easy. Thanks!!
cub682

Post by cub682 »

I love this extension and would like to pass it on, but I think most would be overwhelmed reading the entire thread.

It would be great to have updated link.
alsiladka

firefox beta 1.5

Post by alsiladka »

guys when wil u release a version for this and get it on umo this wud b an awsome addition to firefox kickbut ie
pile0nades

Post by pile0nades »

OMGOMGOMG

Paste this link in the location bar: chrome://ieview/content/reloaded.html?url=C:/

and hit enter. IT GOES TO YOUR C DRIVE IN WINDOWS EXPLORER OMGWTF!!!11one!! I DIDNT KNOW YOU COULD DO THAT!

sorry for all caps, but this works because IE can seamlessly turn into Windows Explorer and back, so you can also embed explorer into firefox using this extension!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Edit (calmed down now hehe): I remember people posting about using firefox as a file explorer in place of windows explorer, so if we could make a better interface (with working back/forward/up buttons) this could be it!

Edit: screenshots coming in a minute..

Edit: pics now
My C:/ drive in firefox using the IE Tab Extension

This is cool. This is me doing an ftp transfer of a class assignment to my college server. I could drag the folder from the actual explorer window into the embedded explorer in a firefox tab!

However, when I was in the server useing exlporer embedded in firefox, explorer's right-click menu did not work at all, but it would work when I was in the server using a normal explorer window. But I could still click on files and navigate using the arrow keys.

Edit: Actually, when in server space navigation is completely b0rked. Pressing enter on a file/folder does nothing, and double-clicking a folder opens it in a new explorer window. But browsing your hard drive works fine.

Hopefully this will encourage more people to get involved in this plugin/extension. :)
Last edited by pile0nades on September 18th, 2005, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Recall

Post by Recall »

Bloody hell mate, thats a brilliant find!! I am gonna borrow your post to make a dedicated one as this needs working on!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0
FireManiac

Post by FireManiac »

OMFG, that's so cool! WOW! Excellent and a half! Goddam! Wow. Brilliant!
I'm sorry for being so blunt, but that is an awesome feature. This extension should really be expanded on. It has the potential to become one of the best extensions out there.
I have an annoying habit of correcting people.
(But that's okay since I am always right)
ToonTownAholic

Post by ToonTownAholic »

I cannot find the post that tells how to run this in Firefox 1.4. Link to it for me. :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050908 Firefox/1.4
The best things in life are free. :)
Static_Nexus

Post by Static_Nexus »

this is one of the best extensions by farr however it has some huge problems:

1. Such a brilliant extension should have a page on the firefox extensions list!! Why dont all the people who worked on it team up and submit it to the firefox extensions page so they can work on it together aswell as providing access to autoupdates?!
2. The plugin runs ActiveX controls ok, but there is no way to Enable or Disable them like in IE, you can disable them in IE but they still run in FF. if its possible could anyone add the ability to view and enable/disable ActiveX controls in the IR Tabs in FF?
3. When you have an IE Tab open and you close firefox, using SessionSaver .2 to restore the window the logo at the bottom shows FF when its a IE Tab... slight glitch.
4. Couldnt the plugin with those 2 files be combined with the extension installer?
pile0nades

Post by pile0nades »

FYI, it does have a page on extensionsmirror.nl, here.
Last edited by pile0nades on September 19th, 2005, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Static_Nexus

Post by Static_Nexus »

i meant like here, i think firefox auto updater goes by whats at this site:

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/? ... on=firefox
pile0nades

Post by pile0nades »

Here is a link I found on interacting with an embedded IE object:

http://www.west-wind.com/presentations/ ... ellapi.asp

Edit: ok its not really about an embedded IE object but it dissuses how to use the ShellExecute API to interface with IE. Also, there is a screenshot of Microsoft Word embedded in IE, so maybe that can be embedded in Firefox too :mrgreen: .