Opera like tab group add-on

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
rayquaza88

Opera like tab group add-on

Post by rayquaza88 »

Do you guys know if there is an add-on that let you "combine" tabs into one so there is one visible tab only and next to it a dropdownmenu with all the tabs "merged" into that tab so you can have the tabs more organized all in one window.

PD: I know about firefox tab groups feature but I don't like it.
GHM113

Re: Opera like tab group add-on

Post by GHM113 »

Tree Style Tab (enable horizontal tab bar and ability to collapse/expand tab trees in settings)
Tab Utilities Fixed (might have some bugs because original developer disappeared years ago)
Tab Mix Lite (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -mix-lite/ I didn't try it but it should be ok, last update feb 2015)

Also, one of the advantages of TU Fixed and TM Lite is that they highlight each stack with its own color: http://i.imgur.com/aOJxYtl.png Helps a lot to distinguish stacks from one another.
Brummelchen wrote:like this?
No, he is talking about tab stacking:
http://i.imgur.com/Ro5PDSj.png

Little update about Tab Mix Lite: works fine in 44 beta but lacks many features that Tab Mix Plus has like multi-row tab bar. It is also not compatible with Panorama and e10s.
Sorry for my poor English.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

ok, tab stacking, thx. Tab Utilities should make it but i consider that extension as buggy.
i never used tab stacking when opera 12 was alive, mozilla introduced tab groups (panorama) for similar purpose.
tab mix lite, i dont speak chinese and did not translate. the homepage throws "500 error" not sure if it is still under development or compatible with firefox. there are also upcoming changes - best is to read the changelog of tabmix plus dev edition. pity.
rayquaza88

Post by rayquaza88 »

Tested tab mix lite and I wasnt able to create groups like the ones I said there are options greyed out using tabs and says not to use panorama but I dont know how to disable it I googled it but I only saw how to disable it's animations.

TU fixed I've been using it and it's buggy and the dev is not willing to spend time on it very much he barely responds to the issues on github saying he wants someone else to do it for him or help him do it.

Tree style tab oucld be usefull but I dont like the tabs to be on a sidebar but looking at it's description I0ve found

https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/a ... d-edition/

The problem with this is that it does not allow you to create groups yourself and put tabs on it. It creates the groups automatically using some types of criteria you can choose from so I'm still looking for the add-on.
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

rayquaza88 wrote:Tested tab mix lite and I wasnt able to create groups like the ones I said there are options greyed out using tabs and says not to use panorama but I dont know how to disable it I googled it but I only saw how to disable it's animations.
Do you have any other tab-related addons installed? I've tested Tab Mix Lite on 44 beta and it worked without any problems, I could create and delete tab stacks easily. You can even drag one tab on top of the other in order to create a stack.

Also, you are using FF43, right? Did you try to start a new browser session? If you restore a previous session with tabs spread between different panorama groups you might indeed run into issues.
rayquaza88 wrote:Tree style tab oucld be usefull but I dont like the tabs to be on a sidebar but looking at it's description I0ve found
As I said, you have to enable horizontal tab bar and ability to collapse/expand tab trees in settings.
rayquaza88

Post by rayquaza88 »

@GHM113

Yes I use tab mix plus so it might be that.

Sorry I missed that it could be put horizontally. I've tested and it's the one that has the most features I might use that. Thanks.
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

rayquaza88 wrote:Yes I use tab mix plus so it might be that.
I tried to use both TMP and Tab Mix Lite but they are indeed incompatible, I couldn't even close a tab. However, tab stacks still worked. Go figure :)
rayquaza88 wrote:Sorry I missed that it could be put horizontally. I've tested and it's the one that has the most features I might use that. Thanks.
No problem. Tree Style Tab should also be compatible with Tab Mix Plus so if you don't need tab colouring that's the best option :wink: Also, that's how TST tab stacking looks like with horizontal tab bar: http://i.imgur.com/UERVmgu.png