[Ext] Pick & Save Images

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Merci chao

[Ext] Pick & Save Images

Post by Merci chao »

Pick & Save Images

An image saving tool, handy for normal users, and powerful for advanced users! With user-defined thumbnail mapping, multi-profiles for saving, basic image filtering conditions, advanced filter rules, and lots of flexible preferences & features!

Extension Home Page: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/picknsave/

Love this extension? Join the translation team of Pick & Save Images now to make it better! :wink:
https://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?op ... &type=show
Last edited by Merci chao on May 25th, 2016, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please forgive my poor English, as I'm a Chin... well, Macaoese, that speak in Cantonese.

History Submenus II || Page Title in URL Bar || Double Click Top-Left to Close || Personal Menu
circcc

Re: [Ext] Pick & Save Images

Post by circcc »

I want to view images by file size order.
So, It will be more perfect when Sort menu is added next to View, Advanced menu group.
Sort menu item is Filename/Size/Dimension/Type,..... , Ascending/Descending.
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

circcc wrote:I want to view images by file size order.
So, It will be more perfect when Sort menu is added next to View, Advanced menu group.
Sort menu item is Filename/Size/Dimension/Type,..... , Ascending/Descending.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Please forgive my poor English, as I'm a Chin... well, Macaoese, that speak in Cantonese.

History Submenus II || Page Title in URL Bar || Double Click Top-Left to Close || Personal Menu
XOIIO

Post by XOIIO »

Hi, not a problem but a question, I need to download images from one of those slideshow style websites where you click the next arrow/right arrow key to load the next one, this is to back up a whole bunch of pictures from an old album.

Is there any way to configure this addon to just download images as they pop up until I tell it to stop? I can't quite figure it out but if I could do that and then set a macro to just press my right arrow key x number of times with a half second delay this would be amazing.
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

As a simple workaround, you may:
1. Create a new profile for the album page;
2. Adjust the filters or specify the targeted element, to ensure only the image you want is going to be selected automatically;
3. Adjust the save settings (recommend to choose overwriting the existing file), enable Auto-Select and Auto-Save;
4. Move the Save Images button to toolbar, click the button to save the current image and then press the right key to switch to another image, and so on.

It's recommended to install the latest development version to have a better experience:
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/pickns ... sions/beta

bobhill

Post by bobhill »

Hi - I can't get the addon to download the linked jpgs from thumbnails? It only is looking at the thumbnail? Any help is appreciated. I downloaded the most recent beta version and still not able to fix. Thanks
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

bobhill wrote:Hi - I can't get the addon to download the linked jpgs from thumbnails? It only is looking at the thumbnail? Any help is appreciated. I downloaded the most recent beta version and still not able to fix. Thanks
By default, only the thumbnails, that directly link to the original one, can be recognized. When you middle-click on those thumbnails, the original images will show in the new tabs, e.g. the screenshots on AMO:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... picknsave/

For the more complex cases, you need to:
1. Install Thumbnail Zoom Plus, and enable the extension support function of Pick & Save Images:
or,
2. Define your mapping rules for the specified websites:
You may send me a private message to tell me the images of which site you are going to save.

max2

Post by max2 »

Do you have any plans for porting this to a web extension please? Thanks.
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

max2 wrote:Do you have any plans for porting this to a web extension please? Thanks.
I'm so sorry that this add-on will not be migrated to WebExtension thus it will only support Firefox 56 and bellow.

max2

Post by max2 »

Merci chao wrote:
max2 wrote:Do you have any plans for porting this to a web extension please? Thanks.
I'm so sorry that this add-on will not be migrated to WebExtension thus it will only support Firefox 56 and bellow.

That is ok I understand.
Joelmo

Post by Joelmo »

Hi ...I`m working on two “projects” … ;-) …. and concerning this two questions:
1. I`m downloading map tiles for personal use. Is it possible to save images with the original name ?
2. I make genealogical research. When I open this church book from tschechoslowakia
http://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage/300 ... =669&h=324
in firefox and zoom in as far as possible, it is not possible to save these images. I found them in only with the developer tools in the tab “network”. Is it possible to save them ?
Merci chao

Re:

Post by Merci chao »

Joelmo wrote:Hi ...I`m working on two “projects” … ;-) …. and concerning this two questions:
1. I`m downloading map tiles for personal use. Is it possible to save images with the original name ?
2. I make genealogical research. When I open this church book from tschechoslowakia
http://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage/300 ... =669&h=324
in firefox and zoom in as far as possible, it is not possible to save these images. I found them in only with the developer tools in the tab “network”. Is it possible to save them ?
1. What do you mean the "original name"? Can you give me an example?
2. Those "images" are not general images. It is impossible to get the original images of the book pages since the online reader is not made for saving the images directly. You can only save the image by a.) enabling "Advanced -> Targets to be Checked -> All Elements" and find the images again, or b.) right click on the online reader and save the image directly. Please note that these methods can only save the image of what you actually see, just like print-screen.

Joelmo

Post by Joelmo »

Oh .. your English is quite good... ;-) ... the problem Nr 1 ist solved yet ... I was thinking too complicate .. I didn`t kept the default setting {filename} ... it works fantastic now
... Thanks a lot !!! You did a fantastic work !!! You saved me a lot of time !!! But I couldn´t find a link to support you ???
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

Joelmo wrote:Oh .. your English is quite good... ;-) ... the problem Nr 1 ist solved yet ... I was thinking too complicate .. I didn`t kept the default setting {filename} ... it works fantastic now
... Thanks a lot !!! You did a fantastic work !!! You saved me a lot of time !!! But I couldn´t find a link to support you ???
This extension is a "legacy add-on" and not guaranteed to support Firefox 57 and beyond. Currently the development is aborted and there is no plan on it. So thank you for your kindness and appreciation.