Mega upload's official addon...what exactly does it do??

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
allstock

Mega upload's official addon...what exactly does it do??

Post by allstock »

I logged onto my mega account and noticed that it was offering me to add their extension to FF. What exactly does it do? After adding it I don't even see any icon or even think it updates. Any other experiences welcome, thanks for reading.
anon42

Re: Mega upload's official addon...what exactly does it do??

Post by anon42 »

The mega addon allows you to download from Mega directly from the browser or connect to their MEGAsync app (MEGAsync adds a menu item to your system). When a mega download is presented in the browser two buttons are shown on the download page to select these choices. At least that what I see on my Mac. I haven't seen any problems using the addon. I never use the MEGAsync app since for downloading I see no advantage.
Last edited by anon42 on June 4th, 2016, 11:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

I tried it some time ago. I couldn't see what it really did either - apart from making Firefox laggy - so I uninstalled it. Probably depends on what you use Mega for, I guess - as far as I'm concerned that's purely as cloud backup for personal documents and files and I find the ordinary MegaSync is fine for that.
kgbme

Post by kgbme »

allstock wrote:Mega upload's official addon...what exactly does it do??
Go To jail. Go directly to Jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

Code: Select all

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/02/megaupload-programmer-pleads-guilty-sentenced-to-a-year-in-prison/
;dP

Edit: Btw., how is this even possible, right... MILLIONS of dollars, "in assets", meaning - what, exactly?! WHAT did they have, that was worth so much & how come they had let it go? o.0

Code: Select all

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204301404577174362457114578
(Imagine, losing multiple-millions to police - like that; talk about a disaster)
pls disregard my (previous) disillusioned ff => 4.x posts, tnx. I've embraced it; apologies.
James

Post by James »

kgbme wrote:
allstock wrote:Mega upload's official addon...what exactly does it do??
Go To jail. Go directly to Jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.
Megaupload has been down for over four years now. The OP was likely referring to say mega.nz or megafileupload.com
anon42

Post by anon42 »

I certainly assumed the OP was referring to mega.nz since the links I included in my response to the addon and MegaSync were to mega.nz.