[Ext] CustomizeMyBird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] CustomizeMyBird

Post by Aris »

There must be something wrong with your Thunderbird profile. This add-on does not offer any window or size saving/changing features.
gmlack

Post by gmlack »

It seems to be an interaction with the Lightning extension (for Calendars).
If I have Lightning and CustomizeMyBird enabled, the widening happens.
If I disable either, the problem goes away.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Sounds strange as window handling is normally done by the OS.
No idea how to help you with this except suggestion to test a new/clean TB profile (backup the current one first!).
gmlack

Post by gmlack »

Sounds strange as window handling is normally done by the OS.
My suspicion is that with File->Quit the TB code gets to run and talk to the Window Manager while running its shutdown code, so the changes get acted upon by the WM.
When I use the WM Close button the WM tells the application to end, but from then on ignores any requests from it, so the problem is hidden (and just goes away).

Given that if CMB is disabled at start-up and then enabled the problem doesn't happen on that shutdown it looks like it's something being remembered (with a "wrong" value) at TB start-up and that "wrong" value is being restored at TB shutdown.
gmlack

Post by gmlack »

I've tracked down the line which causes the problem.

If I change the shutdown: function() in PrefsObserver for app_version<63 to skip the shutdown() for "ctb_tbmailicons" all is OK:

==========

Code: Select all

shutdown: function() {
                for (var customizemybirdoption in customizemybirdsettings) {
//GML - Skip this one shutdown method...
                        if (customizemybirdoption == "ctb_tbmailicons") continue
                        customizemybirdsettings[customizemybirdoption].shutdown();
                }
                Services.prefs.removeObserver(this.branch, this);
        },
==========

No idea why this is the case, but it might help you?
gmlack

Post by gmlack »

It's something to do with the noia icons.
So you need to set one of these to get the problem.

If I comment out:

:-moz-any(#button-getmsg, #button-newmsg, #button-address, #button-reply, #button-replyall, #button-forward, #button-replylist, #button-mark-deleted, #button-compact, #button-isJunk, #button-print, #button-stop, #button-file, #button-nextUnread, #button-previousUnread, #button-mark, #button-tag, #button-goback, #button-goforward, #button-archive, #qfb-show-filter-bar, #button-chat, #button-nextMsg, #button-previousMsg, #button-appmenu, #calendar-tab-button, #lightning-button-calendar, #extractEventButton, #task-tab-button, #lightning-button-tasks, #extractTaskButton, #button-send, #button-contacts, #spellingButton, #button-attach, #button-security, #button-save, #quoteButton, #cut-button, #copy-button, #paste-button, #task-edit-button, #calendar-edit-button, #task-delete-button, #calendar-delete-button, #task-synchronize-button, #calendar-synchronize-button, #task-newevent-button, #calendar-newevent-button, #task-newtask-button, #calendar-newtask-button, #task-appmenu-button, #calendar-appmenu-button, #task-print-button, #calendar-print-button, #calendar-goto-today-button, #calendar-unifinder-button, #calendar-add-task-button, #todaypane-new-event-button, #button-privacy, #button-url, #button-delete, #button-attendees, #button-priority, #button-status, #button-freebusy, #button-timezones, #hdrTagButton, #hdrDualForwardButton, #hdrReplyToSenderButton, #hdrDummyReplyButton, #hdrReplyButton, #hdrReplyAllButton, #hdrReplyListButton, #hdrFollowupButton, #hdrForwardButton, #hdrArchiveButton, #hdrJunkButton, #hdrTrashButton, #otherActionsButton, #attachmentSaveAllSingle, #attachmentSaveAllMultiple, #button-add-buddy, #button-newcard, #button-newlist, #button-editcard, #button-chat-accounts, #button-newmessage, #button-abdelete, #button-newim, #button-join-chat, #button-chat-appmenu, #qfb-sticky, #qfb-unread, #qfb-starred, #qfb-inaddrbook, #qfb-tags, #qfb-attachment, #hdrExtractTaskButton, #hdrExtractEventButton, #button-notJunk, #button-mark-undelete) {
          list-style-image: url("chrome://customizemybirdextension/content/images/tb_toolbar_noia.png") !important;
        }
in content/css/tb_icons_noia_large.css the problem goes away (but you also lose all of the noia icons...)
Aris

Post by Aris »

Looks like its easier to just disable icon options in this case.
gmlack

Post by gmlack »

The specific setting causing the problem is #todaypane-new-event-button.

Lightning sets:

#todaypane-new-event-button {
  -moz-user-focus: normal;
  list-style-image: url(chrome://calendar-common/skin/icons/newevent.svg);
}
If I comment out that setting, or I comment out the CustomizeMyBird setting for that ID the problem goes away.

So CustomizeMyBird calling shutdown() is having an odd effect.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Does it help to add this code to CMBs custom CSS area without modifying CMBs files?

#todaypane-new-event-button {
  display: none !important;
}
gmlack

Post by gmlack »

Aris wrote:Does it help to add this code to CMBs custom CSS area without modifying CMBs files?
It prevents the widening.
But it also completely removes the "New Event" button (and text) from the Today pane, and hence removes the functionality.
Aris

Post by Aris »

So, if I remove that button from CMBs CSS files, the issue should be gone, right?

Test CMB_v2.7.9_preview2.xpi from here: https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomizeMyB ... /tag/2.7.8
gmlack

Post by gmlack »

Aris wrote:So, if I remove that button from CMBs CSS files, the issue should be gone, right?
Yes. With preview2 the problem has gone away.
I do end up with the Lightning icon, but that's OK.
gmlack

Post by gmlack »

Perhaps I should also point out that although the problem can be "cured" by omitting the #todaypane-new-event-button setting, the part of the display which actually widens is the centre panel (I have Accounts+folders on the left, Events on the right and the main panel - message list + message, or list of Add-ons - in the middle.

Using the Developers Toolbox and looking at the Box Model display I see that the <vbox id=headered-views" flex="1"> entry changes from 747x891 to 1566x883 when I disable CustomizeMyBird (so, obviously, with the Add-ons Manager tab showing).
gmlack

Post by gmlack »

Whilst running through this lot and frequently seeing the Add-ons Manager page I noticed that if you display version numbers they run straight on into the descriptive text.

Adding right padding to the version fixes this.

In content/css/addonversion_tb59.css:
#addons-page .addon:not([pending])[status="installed"] .name-container .version {
visibility: visible !important;
padding-right: 1ex;
}
I presume a similar fix in the other two css files (for different TB versions) will also work.
Aris

Post by Aris »

I will exclude that button from icon modifications on next update.

You are right the "headered-views" modifications are part of add-on manger btw. the alternative appearance for it. Mozilla did a nuts job with wasting a lot of space everywhere inside add-on manager, so the alternative appearance gets to closer to what it was before on older builds.

I can add more right padding to version container on next update.
Not sure why you used "1ex" in your example, should a few px not be enough too?