Where are saved the default Personas Skins?

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
3lsi9ui3ntepr0g

Where are saved the default Personas Skins?

Post by 3lsi9ui3ntepr0g »

Hi Mozillazine forum people.

I have this doubt. Careless, I deleted a Personas Skin (Space Fantasy), which came pre-installed (default) with Firefox.
I searched that Skin on Addons website, but I didn't find it.
I wonder, What files in the Profile correspond to these Personas Skins, to restoring them from a new Firefox profile.
Last edited by 3lsi9ui3ntepr0g on November 28th, 2016, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BruceAWittmeier

Re: Where are saved the default Personas Skins?

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

I didn't know you could delete it -- but just enable or enable a different one -- but it was still in the list.

If you reinstall Fx will you get it back? If not perhaps a version or 2 older then update to the current version?
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
3lsi9ui3ntepr0g

Post by 3lsi9ui3ntepr0g »

Hi Bruce.
I deleted that optional default skin, after choosed it, I went to Addons Manager » Appearance » I Removed that Personas Skin (my mistake).
Also, this was discontinued from Addons website: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... e-fantasy/

I use an Ubuntu Linux based OS. I've had several Fx Updates, but I have not recovered that skin.
These seems to be exclusive of any installed Firefox.
I wonder if is there some file that can copy/paste from a new Firefox profile.
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

On a Windows 32 bit platform it does not provide disabling - just enable and it is toggled/reset when a new theme is applied.

Have you tried creating a new profile to see if it shows up?

If you try a new profile and the problem is resolved, what I have done in the past is cut 1/2 of the preferences file, save the file and restart Fx. If the problem is not resolved, swap the paste the cut info back and cut the other half. Do this until you narrow down which line in the prefs.js is causing the problem. You must shut down Fx between each step or the prefs.js will be updated while Fx is open and you won't see the changes.

I don't know if installing this will tag it as default or Space Fantasy by Madonna but you might try it. (does not appear to flag as default but the name in the appearances list). Don't know if this will work for you or not.
https://addons.mozilla.org/EN-us/firefo ... e_fantasy/

Edit: The only difference in the two links the theme -- yours and mine -- is yours has a dash and mine an underscore in "...space_fantasy".
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.