TryAgain alternative/replacement

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
JDPower

TryAgain alternative/replacement

Post by JDPower »

Anyone know of an addon that can do what the no longer supported (and broken) TryAgain does??? (ie an addon that will keep attempting to load/reload pages that don't load). Been searching through addons and finding nothing, but can't believe it's the only addon for such a relatively simple job :-s
Nettkrawler

Re: TryAgain alternative/replacement

Post by Nettkrawler »

Personally I doubt that solution for slow web pages, in many cases the problem can be solved at home, eg. by resetting the router.

However - there is one macro program you can use for this purpose, it works with virtually any Windows program: Autohotkey. Write your own script, wait for a particular image to appear on screen, and do something.
JDPower

Post by JDPower »

Nettkrawler wrote:Personally I doubt that solution for slow web pages, in many cases the problem can be solved at home, eg. by resetting the router.

However - there is one macro program you can use for this purpose, it works with virtually any Windows program: Autohotkey. Write your own script, wait for a particular image to appear on screen, and do something.
It's nothing to do with slow pages, it's pages that are temporarily dead, for whatever reason (admittedly it's also handy when my net connection drops out briefly, but that is a more rare occurrence).
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

There are a number of similar extensions available such as this one: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ad/?src=ss

Just use the Search tool on the Extensions site and type: Auto reload to get the list.