MozillaZine

No Squint Plus substitute wanted....

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TDV

Post Posted May 31st, 2017, 5:44 pm

For many years I have been happily using first no squint, and then no squint plus, but now they are no longer usable, as Firefox is no longer able to show all websites properly, as long as no squint is installed as an add on.
No squint was perfect as it allowed me to set different settings for the whole page and for the text and save if for each website I used...

Is there anything that will work EXACTLY as no squint did?

Thanks, TDV

streetwolf

Post Posted May 31st, 2017, 6:23 pm

With the advent of webextensions I'm afraid there will never be anything quite like NoSquint again. A good replacement however is Zoom Page WE found below:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... we/?src=ss
Intel Core i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz | Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 | Corsair 1000W PSU | Corsair H115i CPU Cooler | Corsair 64GB RAM @ 3.7GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 11GB | Dual ASUS PA249Q 24" LCDs | 2-512GB Samsung 960 PRO M.2 | 4TB WD Black | 2TB Seagate | Windows 10 Pro x64 | FIOS 1Gb

TDV

Post Posted June 1st, 2017, 5:28 pm

streetwolf wrote:With the advent of webextensions I'm afraid there will never be anything quite like NoSquint again. A good replacement however is Zoom Page WE found below:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... we/?src=ss

I am afraid you are right.
I tried zoom but it does not do the job, it does not allow separate zoom for page and text, the way no squint did.

I have been praying for years to God, to inspire someone to come up with a usable browser.
I now talk this as final proof, that God does not exist.... :twisted:

LewS

Post Posted June 4th, 2017, 1:04 pm

@TDV - I once worked with a programmer/fundamentalist-preacher(?)
and the only thing we agreed on was that God didn't care about computers.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases