uBlock Origin

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Anonymosity

uBlock Origin

Post by Anonymosity »

Why does uBlock Origin not work with SeaMonkey 2.46? There is a toolbar button but no settings interface anywhere. The Mozilla Addons site says that it works with SM, but it does not. I tried using the default theme, and also tried disabling all other extensions, but that did not help.
mightyglydd

Re: uBlock Origin

Post by mightyglydd »

Works fine here with Frank's Aluminium Kai 2 and the default theme.... TTBOMN all the options on the drop-down from button work.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

How do you get into the subscriptions, the filters and the whitelist? I could not see any way to do that. Clicking Options in the Addons list results in no help at all.
I have uBlock Origin installed in Opera, and there is a large settings interface there.
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

Anonymosity wrote:How do you get into the subscriptions, the filters and the whitelist? I could not see any way to do that. Clicking Options in the Addons list results in no help at all.
I have uBlock Origin installed in Opera, and there is a large settings interface there.
Sorry for my poor English.
gorhill

Post by gorhill »

Anonymosity wrote:Why does uBlock Origin not work with SeaMonkey 2.46? There is a toolbar button but no settings interface anywhere. The Mozilla Addons site says that it works with SM, but it does not. I tried using the default theme, and also tried disabling all other extensions, but that did not help.
All works fine here. I clicked "Show Dashboard" button in the uBO's "Preferences" page in about:addons, and the dashboard opened. You can also access the dashboard through the popup panel: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/ ... -title-bar
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

That little grey icon in the dialog box is not that easy to see. Now that it is pointed out, I see it, but why is the contrast with the background so low? I failed to notice it, especially since it is right up against the title of the dialog box. If that gearwheel image were white or yellow, it would stand out more. I suppose it is somewhere in the .xpi file, so I can repaint it.

By the way, the buttons, "Show Logger" and "Show Dashboard" in the Addons window do absolutely nothing.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I give up. Where is that gearwheel image? I cannot find it in the .xpi file.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Actually you can click anywhere in that top bar to open the dashboard.

To make the gear white, try this CSS -

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document url-prefix("chrome://ublock0/") {
  #gotoPrefs span:nth-child(3) {
    color: #FFF !important;
    opacity: 1 !important;
  }
}
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

That is good to know. Thanks for the tip.
Where do I put the CSS and what do I call it? That namespace line is not the one used in userChrome.css.

Got it. It goes into userContent.css.
gorhill

Post by gorhill »

barbaz wrote:To make the gear white, try this CSS -
Don't bother, it's gone in the next release. There are so many hints that the bar is interactive, it was never needed in the 1st place (I added it against my will), and it's causing spurious issues to be filed. Considering:

- The mouse cursor turns into a pointer when hovering over it (everywhere in the browser "pointer" means "clickable")
- It has a tooltip which says "Click to open the dashboard".
- There is succinct documentation about it (here).
- Alternatively the dashboard can be accessed from other places also.

I was never for adding it, so it's back to how it used to be, and to emphasize, it's case closed for me.

For anyone who wants to configure uBO beyond the default settings, due diligence dictates: read the documentation about what you just installed, especially considering something as important as a content blocker.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Thanks for the link, anyway.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

This is an FYI..

Running uBO v1.12.5.100

I'm running on inbound and the dashboard does not appear when clicking on the top of the uBO menu. I can still get to it via the add-ons page so it's not a complete loss. I don't know if this problem is on Nightly yet. I have the regression range but can't determine the patch causing it. If you also see that the uBO menu is very much wider I already filed a bug report with Mozilla on that one and they are working on it.

Might be caused by https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1368152
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Interesting. I have the reverse situation. The buttons in the addons window do nothing, but clicking the titlebar of the doorhanger works. My original problem was that I usually do not bother mousing over titlebars.
happysurf

Post by happysurf »

In Firefox 55beta4 32 bit + W10 + UO 1.13.3.b2 the shortcuts in about:config doesn't works, this morning I have updated to beta5 and works only the zapper and logger feature.

Edit: After reboot now all works fine.
Surf the Internet is a dirty job but someone has to do it.