Changing background tab strip ?

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Yogi_Bear

Changing background tab strip ?

Post by Yogi_Bear »

I installed a persona, I want to know how can I change the background strip color which lies behind and and all tabs ?
marty60

Re: Changing background tab strip ?

Post by marty60 »

You can use css through userChrome.css if you want to override the background color of the tabbar.

For example, to make it black you add this:

#TabsToolbar {
background-color: black !important;
}
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

marty60 wrote:You can use css through userChrome.css if you want to override the background color of the tabbar.

For example, to make it black you add this:

#TabsToolbar {
background-color: black !important;
}
Don't forget that a persona is not a background-color, but a background-image and also that it is the latter that overlays the former. That is the long way of saying this is a surer method : -

Code: Select all

#TabsToolbar { 
     background-image: none !important;
     background-color: black !important; }
It doesn't end there - personas are often/always given semi-transparent tabs so that the persona shows through them and that the colour of the text on a persona generally is automatically selected by the lightness/darkness of the persona in use. Thus if it's a light persona, it'll show dark text on the tabs and they will also have to be coded for, if you're now going for a dark tab background.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Thanks Frank, I was thinking of it as overriding a theme.