Flashgot Extension Impotence

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
peacemeaning

Flashgot Extension Impotence

Post by peacemeaning »

Sometimes I have problems with Flashgot. Not often, and usually, the but is found and fixed before I could even ask about it. This one is a little different and I hope this is a proper place to drop a question about it.

Files eligible for DL show up in "Flashgot Media." However, none can be selected. None of them. No combination of "select all" allows files to be selected. I have cleared caches and restarted the notebook. Still nothing. Firefox 55.0.2. PC 64 bit. Favorite color: Green.

Thx!
peacemeaning

Re: Flashgot Extension Impotence

Post by peacemeaning »

The bot. Not the but. The ppl minding Flashgot mind the bots. Keep hands off butts, like most good tech.
peacemeaning

Post by peacemeaning »

Well, it seems it is an issue with FF 55. I found info, but no help here:

https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... =6&t=23157

This fixes nothing, though. If anyone knows anything, plz help? Can I revert to FF earlier build? Love Firefox, but without Flashgot, which only operates in FF, I have no real reason not to just use Explorer. Someone can help?
peacemeaning

Post by peacemeaning »

Well, It's only been 21 minutes since I posted this concern and I'm being impatient. I just decided to revert to FF 54. I'll keep checking back and if there's an answer, maybe FF 55 again, then.
peacemeaning

Post by peacemeaning »

Yeppers. I reverted back to 54, and Flashgot works. Tis goodness, but question is now, is my computer going to send a giant penguin go kidnap mummy before blowing up in my face?
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

Did you try to replace Flashgot with DownThemAll? I personally think using outdated browser is risky.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... wnthemall/
Sorry for my poor English.
MichaelTunnell

Post by MichaelTunnell »

FlashGot IS being ported to WebExtensions for Firefox 57 but it takes time to do that. The developer of FlashGot is also the developer of NoScript and since NoScript is more time-sensitive due to security than FlashGot, NoScript has priority. FlashGot for Firefox 57+ is coming we just don't know when.

With that said, @GHM113 you suggested a deprecated addon. DownThemAll is dead. Here is the blog post that announced the deprecation of it.