[EXT] Screengrab!

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: [EXT] Screengrab!

Post by malliz »

Whats suspicious about the developer either having enough of the BS Mozilla constantly feeds or just wanting or having a life?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Edster

Post by Edster »

Who knows what's in a developer's head, but if they're fed up with Mozilla, then selecting one addon to revert to some random old version would be a strange way to show it. They didn't remove Screengrab altogether, and current versions of their other addons are still up.

What might make sense is some compliance issue being found and non-complying releases being removed. A search does turn up more reports that suggest there might be a serious issue with this addon and maybe some others from the same developer. On the other hand, even the version that was reverted to on AMO has issues (because it's the version Papu looked at), so that's one small hole in my theory :)
MZmurphy

Post by MZmurphy »

As of Firefox 66.0.2
CUSTOM CONFIGURATIONS FOR A CLICK ON THE SCREENGRAB ICON DO NOT WORK ANYMORE
with version 2.18 of ScreenGrab! (2018-10-13)

Meaning, whatever you have specified under Settings > Main > "Click to icon" has no longer any effect ...
Clicking on the icon in the Firefox toolbar always opens the drop-down menu, no matter what you select.

Can anyone confirm this behavior?

(I would have tried a reinstallation, but the only 2.18 xpi I could find is from an unknown source. If someone could confirm the issue I'd know that a reinstallation would be pointless anyway. If anyone knows a verified download source hints would be welcome as well!)
Yokai

Post by Yokai »

Thank you for screen grab.
I was trying to use it on this page
https://practicetestgeeks.com/nclex-practice-test/
but it didn't worked.
is there some websites it works on and some that doesn't?
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

This extension is effectively dead as it has been abandoned it seems and not being supported anymore. I strongly recommend using the screenshot tool from Mozilla itself that does just about everything this does but actually works and lean. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/easyscreenshot/
Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k
Yokai

Post by Yokai »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:This extension is effectively dead as it has been abandoned it seems and not being supported anymore. I strongly recommend using the screenshot tool from Mozilla itself that does just about everything this does but actually works and lean. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/easyscreenshot/
This works. Thanks.
kimi85

Post by kimi85 »

Hi all,
I think this topic is widely covering Screengrab 2.x WebExtensions version. However I have a problem about my older XUL-based Screengrab Fix extension versioned 0.99.12 which is the latest for XUL branch.

The problem is, although advertising setting is disabled from settings menu of this extension, and all auto-updates are disabled from Firefox Add-On manager panel (including from cogwheel), I eventually get a NEW tab opening at Firefox startup saying "Thank you for installing Screengrab Fix 0.99.12" with a fixed content. I does not come very frequently and only comes IF I don't launch Firefox for a long time (weeks or months), then I re-launch Firefox for the first time after this weeks of inactivity, it comes.

Is it known issue or a malicious behaviour which brings a new time when I launch Firefox sometimes?

Best regards!

By the way, the extension appears to be taken down from Firefox Add-On page, is the a reason of violation?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

kimi85 wrote:Hi all,
I think this topic is widely covering Screengrab 2.x WebExtensions version. However I have a problem about my older XUL-based Screengrab Fix extension versioned 0.99.12 which is the latest for XUL branch.

The problem is, although advertising setting is disabled from settings menu of this extension, and all auto-updates are disabled from Firefox Add-On manager panel (including from cogwheel), I eventually get a NEW tab opening at Firefox startup saying "Thank you for installing Screengrab Fix 0.99.12" with a fixed content. I does not come very frequently and only comes IF I don't launch Firefox for a long time (weeks or months), then I re-launch Firefox for the first time after this weeks of inactivity, it comes.

Is it known issue or a malicious behaviour which brings a new time when I launch Firefox sometimes?
type in address bar: about:config
search: not_open_contribute_page
set: true