[Ext] Tablet Gestures

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
em_te

[Ext] Tablet Gestures

Post by em_te »

Summary:
Use 2 finger swipes to control your browser. Supports 8 directions with configurable actions. Tablet optimized.

Link:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tablet-gestures/

Details:
Perform 2 finger gestures on multi-touch devices (such as tablets) in any of 8 directions to invoke certain actions.

Supported actions include:
  • open a new tab
  • close current tab
  • go to left tab
  • go to right tab
  • go back in current page
  • go forward in current page
  • duplicate current tab
  • reload current tab
The gesture is only recognized if your fingers move in parallel in the same direction. If you do "pinches", it will not respond, because the pinch is reserved for zooming the page.

You don't need to lift your fingers at the end for the gesture to recognize. Just keep moving them in the desired direction and once it reaches the threshold the gesture will activate automatically.

Screenshot:
mozray

Re: [Ext] Tablet Gestures

Post by mozray »

I tried this on Firefox Nightly on a Windows laptop with a touchscreen and unfortunately, this extension didn't work for me.

Would also be nice if you could support mouse touchpads.
em_te

Post by em_te »

mozray wrote:I tried this on Firefox Nightly on a Windows laptop with a touchscreen and unfortunately, this extension didn't work for me.
Works for me on nightly.

Did you try doing gestures on the demo page?
skdmark

Post by skdmark »

I would like to use the swipe left and right to move through the tab pages. I see that that can be customized but I do not see how to bring up the customization page. I would greatly appreciate the help as that is really the only feature I want to use.
em_te

Post by em_te »

skdmark wrote:I would like to use the swipe left and right to move through the tab pages. I see that that can be customized but I do not see how to bring up the customization page. I would greatly appreciate the help as that is really the only feature I want to use.
In Firefox, go to Hamburger menu -> Add-on -> Tablet Gestures -> Options