[Ext] Bookmark Tab Here (webextension)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Speravir

Re: [Ext] Bookmark Tab Here (webextension - new)

Post by Speravir »

I am a happy user of your addon, but have one question:
Could the addon possibly made working in the bookmarks sidebar, as well?
Steffen "Speravir"
---
Spiro, ergo sum.
Avatar based on Fox Head and Tail Tribal by Majykal-Melodi on DeviantArt (licence: CC by-sa 3.0).
custom.firefox.lady

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

Speravir wrote:I am a happy user of your addon, but have one question:
Could the addon possibly made working in the bookmarks sidebar, as well?
The webextension API for this doesn't work on the sidebar due to Bug 1419195. Someone submitted a patch a few weeks ago, hopefully he'll be back to finish it.
Speravir

Post by Speravir »

Thanks for the pointer. Yes, let’s hope it gets fixed.
Steffen "Speravir"
---
Spiro, ergo sum.
Avatar based on Fox Head and Tail Tribal by Majykal-Melodi on DeviantArt (licence: CC by-sa 3.0).
custom.firefox.lady

Re: [Ext] Bookmark Tab Here (webextension)

For those who are wanting to specify the name of the bookmark (or create new folder for bookmarks), I have a beta linked in the first post (http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3038053) which includes that ability. There is no way for webextensions to trigger the inbuilt add bookmark panel, so this uses a custom popup to allow entering that info.
Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad »

Could you make the icon with a transparent background? It looks odd with a white background on a gray menu...
custom.firefox.lady

Quaraxkad wrote:Could you make the icon with a transparent background? It looks odd with a white background on a gray menu...
Yes. thanks for reporting; not sure what happened, icons were intended to have a transparent background.

[Update] 1.0b2 is now out with this fixed. For those with additional contextmenu entries inserted by other addons, the icon should help locate the BTH item quickly. (See first post in thread for details/download.)

[Update 2] 1.0b3 changes the context menu entry icon to a simple star (with transparent background).
Speravir

Post by Speravir »

custom.firefox.lady wrote:The webextension API for this doesn't work on the sidebar due to Bug 1419195. Someone submitted a patch a few weeks ago, hopefully he'll be back to finish it.
And the fix landed in Firefox 66. Great! Now your addon is even better usable.
Steffen "Speravir"
---
Spiro, ergo sum.
Fulan

Post by Fulan »

Hello, I'm not sure this is the right place, anyway, I have a feature request:

Could you add an option for keeping the drop-down menu open after adding a bookmark with Bookmark tab here? This would allow one to add a bookmark twice (say, to two folders that are close one another) without having to navigate the whole tree again the second time, or add it and then move it up or down.
custom.firefox.lady

Fulan wrote:...Could you add an option for keeping the drop-down menu open after adding a bookmark with Bookmark tab here? This would allow one to add a bookmark twice (say, to two folders that are close one another) without having to navigate the whole tree again the second time, or add it and then move it up or down.
There is no available extension API for keeping the menu open in that manner. However, if you are on Firefox 66+, you can use the Bookmarks Sidebar for this (View > Sidebar > Bookmarks or Ctrl-B), as it stays open by default. There really should not be much need to move it up or down after insertion, as it is generally possible to insert it exactly where you want initially. (Right click an individual bookmark menuitem to insert bookmark of current tab below that item, as shown in the AMO page screenshot)
Fulan

Post by Fulan »

custom.firefox.lady wrote:you can use the Bookmarks Sidebar for this (View > Sidebar > Bookmarks or Ctrl-B), as it stays open by default.
I do use the sidebar sometimes. Its usefulness is hindered by the fact that type-ahead find (when you type the first characters of a bookmark to move to it) can only match up to the first space (I've asked about it on Discourse, so far without response), so in some cases the folder in which I want to place my bookmark is like the needle in the haystack.
custom.firefox.lady wrote:There is no available extension API for keeping the menu open in that manner.
Well, nevermind then. Your extension is useful anyway. Thanks :-)
Fulan

Post by Fulan »

Hi, :-)
Another thing came to my mind with a bit of use: could you make it work together with default-bookmark-folder, so that when default-bookmark-folder is set to use the last folder as the default one and a bookmark is created using Bookmark Tab Here, the default folder becomes the one in which Bookmark Tab Here has saved the bookmark?

I've asked for the same on default-bookmark-folder's issue-tracker, at https://github.com/teddy-gustiaux/defau ... /issues/77
custom.firefox.lady

@Fulan - I think BTH could send a msg to the other ext when a bookmark is set, which would allow the other ext to react to the msg as desired. So it's probably possible. I'd be willing to cooperate with the other ext's author if they are interested in such a feature, but this is a very busy time of year for me, so it's not likely to occur in the next few months.
Cye3s

Post by Cye3s »

Hi:
Useful addon! Could you add zh-CN locale please, thanks!
https://github.com/Cye3s/temp/blob/master/messages.json
custom.firefox.lady

Cye3s wrote:... Could you add zh-CN locale please, thanks!
Edit 4-24-20: Now available in version 1.0.1b1 linked from the first post in thread. Thanks for the translation.
Cye3s

Post by Cye3s »

custom.firefox.lady wrote:
Cye3s wrote:... Could you add zh-CN locale please, thanks!
Edit 4-24-20: Now available in version 1.0.1b1 linked from the first post in thread. Thanks for the translation.
Still English on edit windows. Put this strings to json? :D