Tab Tool

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
iFix

Tab Tool

Post by iFix »

Hi all; Have searched about and cannot find an extension which might do what we need.

Our intranet is configured (by me) with a workplace homepage (from our web-server) on all SeaMonkey installations with customisation for some users'.

Does an extension exist which would cause all tabs to revert to the home page? At present users do this manually and navigate from there by loading a new tab mostly.

That is; Right click any tab and select "Load home page for all tabs". Does such a tool exist?

Thank you in advance.
iFix
"the farmer in the great heartland, corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" {Neil Young - greendale 2003}
DanRaisch

Re: Tab Tool

Post by DanRaisch »

Does an extension exist which would cause all tabs to revert to the home page?
It is not clear to me what you mean by that. When/why would tabs revert to the home page?
Under Edit->Preferences->Browser->Clicking the Home button...->have you set that option to point to your workplace home page?
iFix

Post by iFix »

DanRaisch wrote:
Does an extension exist which would cause all tabs to revert to the home page?
It is not clear to me what you mean by that. When/why would tabs revert to the home page?
Under Edit->Preferences->Browser->Clicking the Home button...->have you set that option to point to your workplace home page?
Thank you Dan. :)

After a session of work it could be useful to have all the open tabs revert to the default URL.

This has two impacts; The user can navigate from the workplace links in the default URL and it closes off the looping images of our Australian Weather radar which can be a congestion / data hog if left on.

Yes we use the Home button and have it relocated to the Location bar / very useful.
iFix
"the farmer in the great heartland, corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" {Neil Young - greendale 2003}
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I'm afraid that I don't know of any extensions or functions in Firefox that would change the site displayed in tabs based on timing. Why not just use the built in functions by right clicking on the left most open tab and choosing "Close tabs to the right" rather than have multiple tabs open to the home page at the same time.