MozillaZine

Does anybody know a Quantum replacement for these add-ons?

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
felix1088
 
Posts: 50
Joined: August 20th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Post Posted October 10th, 2018, 11:01 pm

Flash Control - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-control/

Flash Control is another easy to use add-on that toggle blocks crap that automatically starts


Self-Destrucing Cookies - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/self-destructing-cookies/?src=api

Self-Destructing Cookies is so simple to use. None of that granular crap I've been running into as far as replacements go


Throbber Restored - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/throbber-restored/?src=api

Not essential but I like having it around


Status-4-Ever - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/status-4-evar/

I like to park icon shortcuts down on my lower right. Handy to free up toolbar space up top. I doubt I'll see a replacement for this but I thought I might ask anyway.

Thanks

LIMPET235
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 38454
Joined: October 19th, 2007, 1:53 am
Location: The South Coast of N.S.W. Oz.

Post Posted October 11th, 2018, 3:03 am

Hi,
I haven't checked all these Webext "replacements" but there may be 1 or 2 that suit...
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Ancient Amateur Astronomer
Win-7-HP/IntelĀ® DualCore-2.0GHz/500G HDD/4 Gig Ram/550Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-20.0-57.0-61.0-62.0/T-bird-2.0.0.24/SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.11.0.
RadioYachting. (Always choose the "Custom" Install.)

Benjamin Markson

User avatar
 
Posts: 365
Joined: November 19th, 2011, 3:57 am
Location: en-GB

Post Posted October 12th, 2018, 2:39 pm

felix1088 wrote:Status-4-Ever - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/status-4-evar/

I like to park icon shortcuts down on my lower right. Handy to free up toolbar space up top. I doubt I'll see a replacement for this but I thought I might ask anyway.

Here's an example of adding a bottom Status/Add-on bar under Quantum using userChrome.css...

viewtopic.php?p=14802725#p14802725

Ben.
XUL is dead. Long live the Google Chrome Clones.

felix1088
 
Posts: 50
Joined: August 20th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Post Posted October 17th, 2018, 6:41 am

Benjamin Markson wrote:
felix1088 wrote:Status-4-Ever - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/status-4-evar/

I like to park icon shortcuts down on my lower right. Handy to free up toolbar space up top. I doubt I'll see a replacement for this but I thought I might ask anyway.

Here's an example of adding a bottom Status/Add-on bar under Quantum using userChrome.css...

viewtopic.php?p=14802725#p14802725

Ben.

Hi and thanks for the info.

The thing is I don't want to change the whole Quantum GUI. I just want to add the Status/Add-on bar in at the bottom.

Searching through much of that thread, I haven't found any info on how to do that without changing the whole look. Is there any .css thing specific to the Status bar?

Benjamin Markson

User avatar
 
Posts: 365
Joined: November 19th, 2011, 3:57 am
Location: en-GB

Post Posted October 18th, 2018, 1:35 am

felix1088 wrote:Searching through much of that thread, I haven't found any info on how to do that without changing the whole look. Is there any .css thing specific to the Status bar?

Most of what you see in the screenshot in my post in that thread is the product of many, many, other css tweaks. Anyway, taking out the #TabsToolbar stuff - which puts the tabs underneath the web page, what remains is the stuff for the Status/Add-on bar:

Code: Select all
    #main-window:not([inFullscreen]) #content-deck {margin-bottom: 29px !important;}
    #main-window[inFullscreen] #content-deck {margin-bottom: 0px !important;}

    #PersonalToolbar
    {
       direction: rtl !important;
       width: 100% !important;
       padding: 5px !important;
       position: fixed !important;
       height: 26px !important;
       bottom: 0px !important;
    }
    .browserContainer>#statuspanel
    {
       left: 4px !important;
       bottom: 0px !important;
       transition-duration: 0s !important;
       transition-delay: 0s !important;
    }
    .browserContainer>#statuspanel>#statuspanel-inner>#statuspanel-label
    {
       margin-left: 0px !important;
       border: none !important;
       padding: 0px !important;
       margin-bottom: 4px !important;
    }
    window[inFullscreen] .browserContainer>#statuspanel[type="overLink"] #statuspanel-label {display:none !important;}

If you google for the words: browserContainer and #statuspanel you can find discussions about Quantum and the Status Bar. For example:

http://www.optimiced.com/en/2018/02/11/ ... x-quantum/
https://www.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCSS/com ... x_quantum/

One subtlety I often see missed is the: direction: rtl !important; line which pushes the add-on icons over to the right while leaving the status messages on the left.

Ben.
XUL is dead. Long live the Google Chrome Clones.

felix1088
 
Posts: 50
Joined: August 20th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Post Posted October 18th, 2018, 4:42 pm

Benjamin Markson wrote:
felix1088 wrote:Searching through much of that thread, I haven't found any info on how to do that without changing the whole look. Is there any .css thing specific to the Status bar?

Most of what you see in the screenshot in my post in that thread is the product of many, many, other css tweaks. Anyway, taking out the #TabsToolbar stuff - which puts the tabs underneath the web page, what remains is the stuff for the Status/Add-on bar:

Code: Select all
    #main-window:not([inFullscreen]) #content-deck {margin-bottom: 29px !important;}
    #main-window[inFullscreen] #content-deck {margin-bottom: 0px !important;}

    #PersonalToolbar
    {
       direction: rtl !important;
       width: 100% !important;
       padding: 5px !important;
       position: fixed !important;
       height: 26px !important;
       bottom: 0px !important;
    }
    .browserContainer>#statuspanel
    {
       left: 4px !important;
       bottom: 0px !important;
       transition-duration: 0s !important;
       transition-delay: 0s !important;
    }
    .browserContainer>#statuspanel>#statuspanel-inner>#statuspanel-label
    {
       margin-left: 0px !important;
       border: none !important;
       padding: 0px !important;
       margin-bottom: 4px !important;
    }
    window[inFullscreen] .browserContainer>#statuspanel[type="overLink"] #statuspanel-label {display:none !important;}


One subtlety I often see missed is the: direction: rtl !important; line which pushes the add-on icons over to the right while leaving the status messages on the left.

Ben.

So the only thing I need is these lines of code you added here?

And the add-on icons stay on my right while the status messages stay on the left?

Of course I'd want the color of the status bar to match the main GUI up above, yes?

felix1088
 
Posts: 50
Joined: August 20th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Post Posted October 19th, 2018, 9:57 am

Since adding this code to my .css file, all it did was move my bookmarks bar from the top to the bottom which doesn't suit my purpose at all. :(

I was hoping to create a new bar down at the bottom. Is there any way to change this?

Benjamin Markson

User avatar
 
Posts: 365
Joined: November 19th, 2011, 3:57 am
Location: en-GB

Post Posted October 19th, 2018, 12:10 pm

felix1088 wrote:I was hoping to create a new bar down at the bottom. Is there any way to change this?

There are not so many choices with the Quantum UI.

I access my bookmarks from the Bookmarks drop-down on the menu bar therefore the bookmarks toolbar was up for grabs, although, to be honest, I hadn't really thought about #PersonalToolbar as even being the bookmarks toolbar.

So, it would seem you can do one or the other but not both.

Ben.
XUL is dead. Long live the Google Chrome Clones.

felix1088
 
Posts: 50
Joined: August 20th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Post Posted October 21st, 2018, 3:40 am

Ah, bummer. :(

Well thanks for the help, anyway

Return to Extension/Theme Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests