can I be warned about closing? video downloadhelper

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ejames82

can I be warned about closing? video downloadhelper

Post by ejames82 »

hi,
the last time I used video downloadhelper, I seem to recall closing firefox while using downloadhelper while files were not finished downloading. I forgot about the downloading files. later I found a few .part files in the dwhelper folder (where the files go).
is there a way to be warned (I seem to recall browsers doing this) that I am downloading, "are you sure you want to close?"

I know that downloadhelper is an extension, they probably have their own forum, but it couldn't hurt to ask here.
I am using linux mint.
thanks for your time.
DanRaisch

Re: can I be warned about closing? video downloadhelper

Post by DanRaisch »

I know that downloadhelper is an extension, they probably have their own forum, but it couldn't hurt to ask here.
You're correct. It doesn't hurt but any tweaks to the extension to add that functionality would be the responsibility of the extension's author.
ejames82

Post by ejames82 »

that's what I thought
thank you
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

DanRaisch wrote:
You're correct. It doesn't hurt but any tweaks to the extension to add that functionality would be the responsibility of the extension's author.
Unless you do a one-off version of your own, based on that one.