[Ext] Console² 0.1 to 0.3.6.2

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

I did say that... I also state in comment #2 immediately after the comment you quoted "It turns out it does return but it often takes a long time to timeout...".

Each case can be different and there are times where xmlhttprequest may itself have an exception where it doesn't return - this is per Darin. The way I am going to solve this involves adding code that will manage all of the requests. Anyways, just because the one I was working with did or did not return doesn't mean the one you are working with does or does not and the method that is going to be implemented will manage both cases and others as well.
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

ok thanks.
CrackWilding

cmd-tilde seems to be disabled on Macs

Post by CrackWilding »

Hi,

I really like error console -- it's a big help. But, it does not seem to respond to cmd-tilde as do other windows. This is kind of a drag -- have to keep reaching for the mouse. Anyone else notice this?

ff 1.5, ec 0.3.5
mcm_ham

Post by mcm_ham »

How come the menu selectors for Lang and Type use an exclusive radio box element, why not make it check box elements instead so people could enable two out the three things listed if they desire?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

@CrackWilding: Unless anyone buys me a Mac, I'm afraid I can't comment on your issue.

@mcm_ham: "People" aren't supposed to use the (since version 0.3 deprecated) drop-down selectors at all. And you yourself could enable two out of three by middle-clicking (or shift+clicking) a second item. The reason I preferred radio items over checkbox items is that (1) displaying the two selected items on the button uses too much space and (2) iterating through the options through middle-clicking the button wouldn't work anymore.
mcm_ham

Post by mcm_ham »

Ok, thanks.
RaiseMachine

Post by RaiseMachine »

Anyone else getting this <del>error</del> warning using 0.3.5 on Bon Echo 2.0a3?

Warning: Event=command, use of preventBubble() is deprecated. Use W3C standard stopPropagation() instead.
Source file: chrome://console2/content/domainlist.xul

This sometimes comes up after I add a blocked domain to the list.
Last edited by RaiseMachine on May 30th, 2006, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural ?" - Bill Hicks
"Money is the Schrodinger's Cat of economics." - Robert Anton Wilson
"It's not a bug, it's two features having a fight in the pub car-park." - Me
gemal

unable to use debug

Post by gemal »

I'm using 0.3.5 and seems unable to use the debug function to send text into the error console from a webpage.

Am I the only one with this problem?
Henrik Gemal
Mozilla Evangelist
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

RaiseMachine wrote:Warning: Event=command, use of preventBubble() is deprecated. Use W3C standard stopPropagation() instead.
Source file: chrome://console2/content/domainlist.xul
And in fact on the trunk, preventBubble() has stopped working completely so, now's the time for all extension writers to go through their code doing a search and replace.

Phil
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

RaiseMachine wrote:Anyone else getting this <del>error</del> warning using 0.3.5 on Bon Echo 2.0a3?

That's surely not due to Console² - as you won't find any call to <code>preventBubble</code> in it's whole source code. Have you tried a clean profile or at least deactivating your other extensions?

gemal wrote:I'm using 0.3.5 and seems unable to use the debug function to send text into the error console from a webpage.

WFM. Just copy it where you need it and then call it. Try replacing the call to <code>debug</code> with a call to <code>alert</code> and see whether it gets executed at all. And make sure that you're not accidentally filtering the script you're debugging (through the domain blocker or not having set one of the Messages/JS/Content filters).
pile0nades

Post by pile0nades »

Using the latest dev version and firefox branch build 2006060104 I get an XML parsing error in the Error Console window:

Code: Select all

<window id="JSConsoleWindow"
--^

No errors reported in the console.
Linkify bug numbers - test: bug 258287
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

I'd guess that's an issue with one of your other extensions which extends the console and happens to depend on it being called "JavaScript Console" (Firefox' console is since that build finally also called "Error Console"). This might be due to MR Tech's Local Install.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

zeniko wrote:I'd guess that's an issue with one of your other extensions which extends the console and happens to depend on it being called "JavaScript Console" (Firefox' console is since that build finally also called "Error Console"). This might be due to MR Tech's Local Install.

yup that's all me and Local Install, version 5.0.4 is waiting approval on AMO which will fix this.
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
Litegod

Focus on report

Post by Litegod »

Focus on report doesn't seem to work. When I get errors on my page, the console does not automatically popup.

My installation:
- Firefox 1.5.0.4
- Console² 0.3.5
- HTML validator extension
- Web Developer extension

I have the Options Always On Top and Focus On Report toggled on.

Anyone else having this problem?
old zeniko

Re: Focus on report

Post by old zeniko »

Litegod wrote:Focus on report doesn't seem to work. When I get errors on my page, the console does not automatically popup.

Please note that Focus on Report doesn't work after you closed the console. You'd rather have to keep it open in the background or in the sidebar.