[Ext] Console² 0.1 to 0.3.6.2

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Final call for testing: <a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/console2-dev.xpi">Console² v0.3.2.6+</a> adds the option to black- or whitelist domains... (for whitelisting, simply block * and allow selected domains - caution: * blocks chrome:// urls as well)
Peng

Post by Peng »

In a very little bit of testing, works great. Survives http://www.bestbuy.com/ pretty well.

Minor nitpick: I think the Domain Black-/Whitelist window should be a separate thing instead of being 'attached' to the main Console² window.

Also, when I add something to the white- or blacklists, I get this error in the Error Console:

Error: _(aColumn) has no properties
Source file: chrome://console2/content/domainlist.js
Line: 153

But it works fine.

Edit: And then when I add anything when there's already something in the list:

Error: a[aColumn] has no properties
Source file: chrome://console2/content/domainlist.js
Line: 140

Still works fine, though, unless it's supposed to sort the list automatically. You have to click.

Looks like it works okay if you've already configured it to sort somehow. This should be fixed, but perhaps it should also sort it automatically?
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
Check out: Adblock Plus | FoxClocks | OpenBook
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

<a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/console2-dev.xpi">Testing build 0.3.2.7+</a> should fix the blacklist issues encountered above. I'll wait for the missing translations before releasing this build as v0.3.3.
Peng

Post by Peng »

Thanks, it's working great. :)
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

<a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/console2.xpi">Console² 0.3.3</a> just went gold (changelog).
Peng

Post by Peng »

Minor thing: You might want to make the Domain Blocker window mimic Firefox's Images Exceptions window more.

Differences:
  • Console² has the Allow button on the left and Block button on the right, it's the reverse in the Image Exceptions window.
  • The Image Exceptions window is somewhat larger.
  • The Image Exceptions window has 'Remove Site' and 'Remove All Sites' buttons on the bottom, Console² only has 'Remove Entry'.
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Noticed a slight issue before and thought it might be related to Console² but only just found the time to investigate this.

Basically with my Local Install extension I add keyboard shortcuts to the following existing items in the EM/TM context menu: Move to Top, Move Up and Move Down. With Console²'s richlistbox.xml implementation the shortcuts no longer work. Removing the chrome override brings back the default behavior. Any chance this can be resolved as I don't want folks to think as I did that it was an error within Local Install, thanks.
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

@Peng: The differences are intentional: mine is a dialog, Firefox' is a window (try hitting Esc) * the order Allow-Block corresponds more to Yes-No and OK-Cancel as seen on Windows * the dialog is resizable and I'd say the current size is enough for default * and how often do you need "Remove All Entries" - that's at best a source for unintentional dataloss? Still, you can always select several or all entries and then hit "Remove Entry" (resp. [Ctrl]+[A] and [Del] for keyboard junkies).

@mrtech: This will have to be resolved at your end. The problem is that these shortcuts are used by the listbox control in multi-select mode and for consistency's sake blocked in single-select mode - and since my richlistbox inherits from listbox and XBL handlers currently can't be overwritten, there's nothing I can do about it. I recommend you to change the shortcuts to [Alt]+[Up]/[Down]/[Home], since should bug 259057 ever be fixed (and consistently so), the shortcuts you're currently using will be used for multi-selecting extensions. If you want to stick to the [Ctrl] shortcuts, you'll have to attach a capturing keypress event listener to #extensionsView and intercept the shortcuts:

Code: Select all

var extensionsList = document.getElementById("extensionsView");
extensionsList.addEventListener("keypress", function(aEvent) {
  if (aEvent.keyCode == aEvent.DOM_VK_UP && aEvent.ctrlKey) {
    gExtensionsViewController.doCommand('cmd_moveup');
  }
  // etc.
}, true);
Peng

Post by Peng »

zeniko wrote:@Peng: The differences are intentional: mine is a dialog, Firefox' is a window (try hitting Esc) * the order Allow-Block corresponds more to Yes-No and OK-Cancel as seen on Windows * the dialog is resizable and I'd say the current size is enough for default * and how often do you need "Remove All Entries" - that's at best a source for unintentional dataloss? Still, you can always select several or all entries and then hit "Remove Entry" (resp. [Ctrl]+[A] and [Del] for keyboard junkies).

Huh. I don't get the differences between dialogs and windows. The whole Preferences window is a dialog (I think -- Esc closes it), but the little exceptions windows are windows?

I think I like your window/dialog/thing better, but I was just pointing out the inconsistencies. It's easier to get you to change your extension to conform than to get the Firefox developers to do it (and they'd just say teh extension should change). :P

Edit: Err, yeah, well, I mean that I like the window how it is and don't mind it being different. I was just pointing out the differences, because conforming with similar built-in things is a good idea. (But don't bother to change it because of me or anything. You could be doing other things. I'm not sure what, but you could.)

Oh, I just thought of something: You can block messages, right? Well, are they stored permanently? If so, where? And how can you get a message to stop being ignored if you want it to be? Maybe there should be a manager, similar to the domain blocker? It could display the messages exactly how they're displayed in the main Error Console, and allow you to unblock them. And also, what specifically does it block? The message, the message and the file, the message and the file and the line number? What? That might also be a nice thing to be able to change if a manager does come along.

Edit: I just noticed that the cookies and images and extension installation permissions managers use the same file and stuff. Huh.
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

The Domain Blocker saves its settings to the file hostperm.1 in your profile folder (that's the same file as used by the cookies/images/extension installation permission managers). These settings are stored permanently until manually deleted.

While blocking a domain prevents any entry to appear from a page/script from it, ignoring a message just blocks all identical entries (i.e. the description, source file and line must all match) - and this only as long as the console is opened (i.e. not permanently). Closing and reopening the console will redisplay all previously ignored messages - thus there shouldn't be any need for a second manager.
Peng

Post by Peng »

zeniko wrote:The Domain Blocker saves its settings to the file hostperm.1 in your profile folder (that's the same file as used by the cookies/images/extension installation permission managers). These settings are stored permanently until manually deleted.

Yeah, I was able to figure that one out.

zeniko wrote:While blocking a domain prevents any entry to appear from a page/script from it, ignoring a message just blocks all identical entries (i.e. the description, source file and line must all match) - and this only as long as the console is opened (i.e. not permanently). Closing and reopening the console will redisplay all previously ignored messages - thus there shouldn't be any need for a second manager.

Hmm. That sucks. It would be nice to be able to permanently block a message. Whenever I do ScrapBook's full text search update, the Error Console is flooded with a notice about using window.title instead of document.title, ~850 times. That completely empties it. It could be nice to be able to stop that from happening. (I suppose I could just report it to the ScrapBook author, though... But this would still be a nice feature in Console².)

Edit: 861 times just now. :D
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

With 0.3.3 - open console window, click on any error entry there, another window opens (with the highlighted line) in the background, behind the console window and i have to move the console window to be able to read the error. I don't recall that behavior before. I think it used to open on top of the console. Is there some setting i'm missing? Other extension messing maybe?

Post by 332 »

hi, i just upgraded to firefox 1.5 and discovered the CSS error log,
with my JS errors lost in the midlle of hundreds of CSS errors :-(
Well I found and downloaded console^2... great improvment :-)

All my CSS errors are fixed now, but ... is there a way to filter errors
caused by IEish elements such as scroll bar ones?... i have to ignore
them each time i restart FireFox
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

on the first posting of this thread is Console Filter which will remember across sessions. Just use the minus sign to ignore specific syntax or errors like this:

-'scrollbar-

this will ignore msgs that contains 'scrollbar- like these:

Code: Select all

Error: Unknown property 'scrollbar-arrow-color'.  Declaration dropped.
Source file: http://site/site.css
Line: 7
 ----------
Error: Unknown property 'scrollbar-base-color'.  Declaration dropped.
Line: 8
 ----------
Error: Unknown property 'scrollbar-face-color'.  Declaration dropped.
Line: 9
 ----------
Error: Unknown property 'scrollbar-highlight-color'.  Declaration dropped.
Line: 10
 ----------
Error: Unknown property 'scrollbar-shadow-color'.  Declaration dropped.
Line: 11
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar

Post by 332 »

thx :-)