[Ext] Console² 0.1 to 0.3.6.2

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

zeniko wrote:
Alvaro A. Lima Jr wrote:Error after the Update Console 2 v0.3.6 in FireFox 1.5.0.7

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the extension. If that doesn't help, you might have reached the point to consider creating a new profile...

http://alvarojr.freehostia.com/console2 ... update.gif
(drag this link to an empty tab)

It's l10n issue. No <code>console.tooltiptext</code> in pt-BR
Last edited by Zoolcar9 on October 10th, 2006, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Zoolcar9 wrote:It's l10n issue. No <code>console.tooltiptext</code> in pt-BR

Thanks for the idea, Zoolcar9. This issue has been silently fixed. Alvaro, please re-download <a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/console2.xpi">version 0.3.6</a> to get rid of the gray bar.
Shadoefax

"Invalid file hash"

Post by Shadoefax »

I've been trying to install the latest Console² 0.3.6 from AMO over the last few days. Each time I get an error - "Invalid file hash (possible download corruption)". I thought it might be a AMO mirror issue, but those usually go away after a few hours.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chuck
All my signatures are stolen from other people. Including this one.
Homepage
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

You can either download the file and try to install it from disk, or install it from the link in the first post in this topic.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
old zeniko

Re: "Invalid file hash"

Post by old zeniko »

Shadoefax wrote:I've been trying to install the latest Console² 0.3.6 from AMO over the last few days. Each time I get an error - "Invalid file hash (possible download corruption)".

Indeed. AMO apparently doesn't update the file hashes when the file itself is updated. Anyway, this issue has finally been fixed. Thanks for reporting it.
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

Please Zeniko, for the next build, could you consider getting Babelzilla localizations ?
Just for curiosity, do you still work on firefox (extension) or it's over for you now ?

In any case, thanks for your extensions which will/should be in the core, one day.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

pirlouy wrote:for the next build, could you consider getting Babelzilla localizations ?

In fact, that's where the localizations are from - they just happen to be slightly out of date (missing one string) and I never cared enough to request updates from the localizers since every update means quite some work for me as well. Still, I've got my own scripts to check for locale integrity and I haven't figured out yet, how these two locales have managed to remain unchecked...

pirlouy wrote:do you still work on firefox (extension) or it's over for you now ?

Have you already read this post? If so, let's just say that I prefer to devote the little time I have to spare to Firefox itself where I've still got some itches to scratch.
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

Sorry, I mean getting the last translations from babelzilla, because I had made several changes in french version some months ago (accesskeys basically).

Else, thanks for the answer, yes I had read everything, but I thought you was weared by some developers decisions.
manwanis

great job, my friend.

Post by manwanis »

great job, my friend.
Nux

Blocking errors/warnings...

Post by Nux »

I must say console^2 is great, but is there a way to block some script (not just a domain)?

I work on Wikipedia's JavaScripts and a tool called Popups gives a lot of warnings about which I'm not very concerned right now, but I'd like to eliminate every other warning. So I need to be able to block all errors warnings and such coming from script with source in form like.

Code: Select all

http://pl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=somescript.js*

Even an exact match would be OK for me.
old zeniko

Re: Blocking errors/warnings...

Post by old zeniko »

Nux wrote:I must say console^2 is great, but is there a way to block some script (not just a domain)?

You've basically got three options:
<li>after you've got most of the errors of the unwanted script, just filter for that script's name, select all visible entries and select "Ignore Message" from the right-click menu
<li>additionally install the Console Filter extension which allows to replace the built-in search filter with a more sophisticated one which allows to filter out individual URLs (that filter also persists after you close the console)
<li>if the unwanted script isn't relevant for your work, you could also completely block it through a content blocker such as Adblock Plus.
Nux

Re: Blocking errors/warnings...

Post by Nux »

zeniko wrote:
Nux wrote:I must say console^2 is great, but is there a way to block some script (not just a domain)?

You've basically got three options:
<li>additionally install the Console Filter extension which allows to replace the built-in search filter with a more sophisticated one which allows to filter out individual URLs (that filter also persists after you close the console)

Just some thoughts for others that would like to try this:
1. You'll probably have to add a dropdownbox to the console's toolbar.
2. To filter out unwanted URL type in something like:
-"http://example.domain.com/example.js"

@zeniko: Maybe you could merge those two extensions or at least that part where one can filter out some stuff (you could just cut out parts with @filters).

Almost forgot - thanks :)!
INFOMAN

Post by INFOMAN »

version 0.3.6.2 is posted on amo
why here is no info about it?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

INFOMAN wrote:version 0.3.6.2 is posted on amo

That's the same as version 0.3.6 (plus a Dutch locale). The update was necessary because people kept getting download errors for 0.3.6 due to an issue caused by AMO. Since I'm no friend of releases just for the sake of a locale, we'll stay at 0.3.6 here...
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

I have a modified version up at:
http://downloads.mozdev.org/xsidebar/mods/console2-0.3.6.2-mod.xpi

There are no changes in functionality. What I've done however is:

1. To improve the UI fit with SeaMonkey+xSidebar and with Thunderbird+xSidebarTIG. The xSidebar extensions add sidebars to the Messenger, ViewMessage and MessageCompose windows. This version of Console2 makes its sidebar available to these windows. Additionally the Console2 toolbar button is available in the customize toolbar dialog of these windows.

2. Some minor tweaks for better compatibility with SuiteRunner.

3. Implement mozilla.org Bug 334997 (add menu bar to toolkit-based JS console in suiterunner). Note: The menu bar will appear only in SeaMonkey and SuiteRunner. The new strings are localized, however most of them are just English placeholders at the moment.

zeniko: In the root of this XPI is a diff file with all the changes I've made so far. Do you have any suggestions for improvements?

Phil