[Ext] Favicon_Picker 0.3.0 is available for Firefox 1.5 Beta

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

I don't seem to be getting it. Installed paulfox' .xpi (link above) and nothing happens - favs don't change. Also, when looking under page info/media, favicon.ico is (are) listed but not displayed, blank preview panel.
Any help? TIA.
itsme_4ucz

Post by itsme_4ucz »

Well its not working with the new ver 1.5.01 rc1 which released a few days ago.Well the developer plz check this out. thkx
Old RPGM35

Post by Old RPGM35 »

Try now, I bumped the maxversion to 1.5.*
cricketmilki

Post by cricketmilki »

Can you add an option to override the default live bookmark icon
Even the greatest fool can accomplish a task if it were after his or her heart. But the intelligent ones are those who can convert every work into one that suits their taste.

http://www.vivekananda.org/quotes.aspx
ambiguousd

Having Problems with favicon picker

Post by ambiguousd »

Issues:
-Some themes not compatible
-Favicons do not save (at all) when browser is closed therefore they all have to be re-assigned.
-Needs drag and drop support instead of just save favicon then browse for it and assign it.
torrbo

favicon picker 0.3.0 for win2k

Post by torrbo »

How do I get favicon picker 0.3.0 for FF 1.5 to work with windows 2000Pro? I downloaded the extension but it is a .xpi file which I can't do anything with .

Phil
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Just open that file in Firefox. All extensions are kept in .xpi files.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Old Seamaiden

Post by Old Seamaiden »

I'd like to have integrated support for the PlainOldFavorites extension, so that FavIconPicker will work on IE's favorites as well as FF's bookmarks.

With PlainOldFavorites, FF uses IE's Favorites, so I don't need to use bookmarks at all. In that way, both IE/FF are always synced with the same Favorites. You can add, edit and delete sites in either browser, and the list will always be up to date. If FavIcon Picker can't be made to work with Favorites, then I guess I'll have to make all icon changes in Windows Explorer or IE directly.
Old Seamaiden

Post by Old Seamaiden »

To make FavIcon Picker 0.3.1 compatible with Firefox 1.5.0.1 or 1.6, do the following.

Change the .xpi extension to .zip. Unzip the file to a temporary folder. Open the .rdf file in notepad. Change maxversion from 1.5 to 1.6. Save the file. Zip the file and the other files and folders of this extension. Name it favicon_picker-0.3.1. Make sure there are no spaces in the name. Change the .zip extension to .xpi. Install in Firefox. That's it!
gambils

Install didn't work

Post by gambils »

Tried to install and was told it only worked on versions 1.0.0 thru 1.0.5 and I'm using 1.0.7.

Please advise.
gambils

Post by gambils »

Disregard my last post- I didn't realize that I didn't have the latest version of Firefox installed
Old Seamaiden

Just a tip.

Post by Old Seamaiden »

When you manually edit the install.rdf file to change the maxVersion, be sure you change maxVersion. Some fields (parameters) have similar numbers. Sometimes people mistake version for maxVersion.

MaxVersion is the highest version of firefox that the extension will support.
Version is the version number of the extension.

The MaxVersion is the part that must be changed for compatibility.

If you like, you can change version also, but this is optional. There are two different ways to do this.

1. Append .1 to the end of the version. Instead of FavIcon Picker 0.3.1, you'd have 0.3.1.1.
2. Increase the version number. Instead of 0.3.1, you'd have 0.3.2.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

However, if someone increases the version and then forgets, there's a good chance they won't know when the next actual update pops up. And there's really no point whatsoever in the end users increasing the extension version number just because they're bumping the maxVersion themselves. None. Even if it's just for cosmetic purposes when they post their extension lists to others, or something (as stupid as that sounds, I do know people who do that sort of thing), it's not as if someone who cared couldn't tell just by seeing a non-1.5 extension installed in a 1.5 profile (and, if they didn't know about that much, they probably wouldn't know about the version number either anyway).
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Old Seamaiden

Post by Old Seamaiden »

XerBlade wrote:However, if someone increases the version and then forgets, there's a good chance they won't know when the next actual update pops up. And there's really no point whatsoever in the end users increasing the extension version number just because they're bumping the maxVersion themselves. None. Even if it's just for cosmetic purposes when they post their extension lists to others...it's not as if someone who cared couldn't tell just by seeing a non-1.5 extension installed in a 1.5 profile...

Thank you. I never considered that and will go to my extension store and edit all my revised extensions.
menet

Favicon Picker 0.3.0 with a French locale

Post by menet »

I use FF since few weeks; since that date, i have installed the Favicon Picker extension to modify the favicons using the properties of the bookmarks.
To work in French, i have added the French locale to the version 0.3.0 of dbMorris. 8-)

To do it, i have only created a clone in French of en-US directory. I have updated the chrome.manifest and install.rdf. I have added a defaults\preferences\prefs.js file and updated the faviconpicker.properties file for the extension description.

You can find this version with en-US and fr-FR locales doing a right clic here with IE (not FF !) on this link : http://www.chez.com/ktvmenet/Favicon_Picker_0.3.0FR.xpi

I have just discovered that there are others functions than using the properties of the bookmarks. From the EM, the Options on Favicon Picker gives functionnalities that are not included in the locale files; all is in the coding. I have not touched to that.

If the Favicon Picker extension evolves, can this new version include the French locale ?

Best regards ;)