[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
zerman

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.2 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by zerman »

hi,

after installing 0.6.2 on ffx 3.6.13 and Ubuntu 10.10

- Google Apps (old)
Yes
- Gmail
No (triangle)
- Google apps migrated to Google account
No (triangle)

some gmail account have the sharing session set, other no
Cal.123

Post by Cal.123 »

On one of my computers last evening (PM) in US - GManager would not connect to the server...so I installed the small English only version of TL's and all is working fine. As to the configs...I would say I'm normal. I have 3rd party cookies checked and the rest unchecked.

Just now on a Laptop wireless, I installed the English only version 6.2 of TL's and all is fine here also. However, Mook's version was also working fine on this laptop this morning.

I do believe that Google is 'tinkering' with the gmail at different times of the day - and that is screwing up all of us as one minute all is fine, and the next, all is 'broke'.

I, however am only running now 1 account with Gmail - with a forward or two. But checking only one account. So *that* could be why I'm having no issues.

Amazing to me is the English only version of TL's is only about 90KB - while the regular one is over 250KB...languages take up that much code?
brand404

Post by brand404 »

Todd, it might be wise for you to just adopt mook's fork as a foundation seeing as how mook's edition has incorporated fixes throughout its lifetime and so has been in a working state much longer than yours.

This would save you a lot of time trying to fix bugs that have already been addressed by the community over prior months in the mook fork.

I was thinking about submitting my final code updates to mook's fork (pull requests) but seeing as how you're back maybe i will not bother. It's good to have you back, btw! It's been WAY too long.
Cal.123

Post by Cal.123 »

brand404 wrote:Todd, it might be wise for you to just adopt mook's fork as a foundation seeing as how mook's edition has incorporated fixes throughout its lifetime and so has been in a working state much longer than yours.

This would save you a lot of time trying to fix bugs that have already been addressed by the community over prior months in the mook fork.

By TL's "tone" relating to 'Mook" modifying TL's 'creation - I don't think that will happen. After all, TL did 'create' Gmail Manager in the first place, not Mook. Will grant that in TL's 'retreat' - Mook did fix the extension for all of us and should be given credit, which he has reaped, but I don't sense any gratitude or appreciation from Todd toward Mook.
J-Wo

Post by J-Wo »

Has someone got 0.6.2 working on firefox 4 beta 9? I downloaded mook's 0.6.1.3 but it can't login to my account
i_am_scifi

Post by i_am_scifi »

I think for now I'll be sticking with mook's version until all of this is cleared up. It works for me and that's all I need; something that works. I don't even need to have "Automatic login" checked anymore to log in and use the extension properly.
pilotsnipes

Post by pilotsnipes »

Hello Tom,

Windows7 x64
Firefox 3.6.13

- Do you have "Accept third-party cookies" checked?
Yes

- Do you have Gmail Offline enabled for the account?
No

- Do you have Google Buzz enabled for the account?
No Buzz disabled

- Are you using a proxy configuration?
No

- Do you see any errors in the "Error Console" window?
Where is the error console? In gmail manager? In firebug or in firefox, I can't see any error messages at the moment.

- Any other funky settings that I cannot think of?
I tried a fresh install of 0.6.2 all languages, and 0.6.2 english only. Here's what I see.

"Google account for your domain" emails, log in perfectly. Extension works fine.
Normal gmail account (ie not linked to any domain, a standalone) yellow triangle, cannot log in.

Thanks for putting the time into this, there is NOTHING else as flexible as this extension for multiple accounts.

Thank you
Last edited by pilotsnipes on January 17th, 2011, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
graphicwonders

Post by graphicwonders »

Todd Long - FYI
Win XP - Tablet, SP3
FF 3.6.13

GM 0.6.2 fixed my issues, works good!
Thanks
Centman

Post by Centman »

Version 0.6.2 is not working here, not even for 1 account.
Upgraded from 0.6.1 to 0.6.2
Cookies are enabled.

Mooks version worked at least with one account. Now it´s failing complete.
Centman

Post by Centman »

Just installed mooks version again, worked just fine. (1 account)
cameos

Post by cameos »

Just installed 0.6.2 on Fx 3.6.13 on Windows 7 x64, works as expected.

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by 8394147 »

8394147 wrote:This developer has let this addon go out dated for years and yet he is still asking for $5 donations. What an ass. Make it open source or just delete it. It doesn't work anymore. Thankfully, someone named Rubensa offered some sort of hack that got the clips to start working again. I am so happy to have a Gmail manager back after going months with having to check each account myself. I still think Todd Long is an ass.

Well that was short-lived. Rubensa's version no longer works. It won't remember my passwords. One account will work, but the other five are uncheckable. The program refuses to remember the passwords, repeatedly asking me to confirm without ever accepting them. Major bummer. Someone (or Google themselves, which won't happen because they have Chrome) needs to make a new, working addon that serves this function. I (and many people) need it so badly!

Todd Long: **** ***, dude.
Cal.123

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by Cal.123 »

8394147 wrote:Todd Long: **** ***, dude.

Well...8394147 - For TL to pounce back to work (which I do think he is once again interested) - I hope he reads your reply as "Love you, dude" #-o
Centman

Post by Centman »

What else could it be !
brand404

Post by brand404 »

For those having problems with Todd's v0.6.2 you can always still use mook's latest version -- works with multiple accounts (i'm using 10) and you can leave Buzz on if u need it.

Download Latest GM-mook plugin (Jan 13,2011)

I am going to stick with mook's until it stops working and/or Todd finally catches up.