[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
brand404

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by brand404 »

:-k Knowledge Base :-k

Current Status (January 14, 2011)

• Gmail Manager (mook) works
  • Todd Long, the creator of GM, may be returning: http://twitter.com/ToddLong -- he's made such claims before though - Jan 8
  • Verified: that any and all keys on a keyboard can be used in a password (of any length) -- resolves that long standing "to-do" belief that "no special characters was to be used in names/passwords" - Jan 14
  • Fixed: Problem with not allowing multiple accounts to log in -- kept asking for the password and failing (a cookie issue) - Jan 12
  • Fixed: Google Buzz and GM are now happy playmates -- no more Firefox freezing when Buzz is enabled - Jan 13

What You Need To Do (after installing):

• Make sure all accounts names entered into GM are in lowercase - (Note: if uppercase used then status bar will not show account changes -- menu will)
  • Make sure all Gmail accounts are in "Standard View" not "Basic Html" - (Note: by default all GMail accounts are in "Standard View" already)
  • Make sure there are no double-quotes in label names within your GMail account - (Note: if double-quotes used then unread count will show as 0)
  • Make sure there are no special characters in account names & passwords.
  • Make sure all accounts' Google Buzz is turned off permanently (login to each gmail account manually -- dont use GM at this point or FF will freeze).

Downloads:

Last edited by brand404 on January 14th, 2011, 6:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
bolu

Post by bolu »

Hi,

I have other problem with GM. I have two accounts at gmail.com and before this whole situation I could have two icons on status bar (each for every gmail account). Now it's impossible, I can only see one of them. In settings there is option where to show the icon and those setting only saves with one account. When I change it with the other account it doesn't save it. Do you have the same?
brand404

Post by brand404 »

bolu wrote:Hi,

I have other problem with GM. I have two accounts at gmail.com and before this whole situation I could have two icons on status bar (each for every gmail account). Now it's impossible, I can only see one of them. In settings there is option where to show the icon and those setting only saves with one account. When I change it with the other account it doesn't save it. Do you have the same?

Works fine for me...just tried setting 2 of my accounts in different positions. Sounds like your prefs.xml file is corrupt (or set to read-only)...might want to manually jump to the %AppData/Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\.....\gmanager folder and delete the prefs.xml file (after closing firefox) then try again
bolu

Post by bolu »

I deleted prefs.xml but it didn't help. Then I deleted prefs.bak as well and entered the whole configuration again for two accounts. Now it doesn't save the place of the icon and alias for both accounts. I reinstall the plugin but it didn't help as well. Anyone have ane idea how to solve the problem?
TheWendysGuy

Post by TheWendysGuy »

brand404 wrote:Added BUZZ Fix (No more Firefox Freezing)

Decided to take a few minutes to add an update to mook's latest version that resolves the Buzz problem (freezes Firefox) once and for all.

Download latest GM (mook) with Buzz fix

I will go inform mook so he can make it official in his next commit...until then anyone who needs Buzz (e.g. lewayotte) to work can just use this file.

Worked great for me. Thanks
Modaquitaine

Post by Modaquitaine »

Hello,
Since January 8, Gmail Manager systematically wonder my login and password: it is no longer useless!
The patch proposed in this forum is catastrophic: Firefox is now completely blocked and should be called in safe mode!
Disastrous!
I can not use this add-on before finding a real new version!
Sorry
Regards !
brand404

Post by brand404 »

Modaquitaine wrote:Hello,
Since January 8, Gmail Manager systematically wonder my login and password: it is no longer useless!
The patch proposed in this forum is catastrophic: Firefox is now completely blocked and should be called in safe mode!
Disastrous!
I can not use this add-on before finding a real new version!
Sorry
Regards !

It's hard to understand what you are trying to say. I can assure you the latest GM (mook's fork) works perfectly. I notice you are French. Although most in my country are bilingual (English/French) i was a bad student and have now completely forgot my French and would be embarrassed to attempt it :(
tmlong

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.2 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by tmlong »

The extension has been updated to version 0.6.2 and submitted to AMO... I am not sure how long it will take to get approved but it should still be accessible when viewing all versions (towards the bottom of the page). Not too much has changed though I did redesign the account login which should hopefully be resolved for everyone. Also, I added back the option to automatically switch to the account with new messages (for those who only display one account in the toolbar).

- TL
dtimm

Post by dtimm »

Having a major headache with the plug in since a few weeks. Sometimes it will work with one account out of the 2 or 3 I use on it other times none. Running it on 3 different PC's with Win7 64bit and latest firefox and getting the same issue on all of them.

Anyone got a fix for this.

I've updates to latest version of plugin, reinstalled plugin, deleted accounts etc. And my gmail accounts are all in working order.
MichaelAt

Post by MichaelAt »

Hey guys,

I have the same issue. I think someone should consider its a real problem.

I used the Gmail manager extension.v6 pretty long time never had any problem with. Since anytime this year (came back to this pc on 4th of january) there is problem with the login and I didnt change anything regarding that extension.

When I faced the login dialog poping up againd and again I made sure my password is still right by opening gmail directly, worked fine. Later than I added 3 more gmail accounts but none of them can log in. Than I checked the version on their website and find out there is an update to v6.1 (even though it were never shown on ff automatic extension update search) but even the never version does not work as expected

Just my two cents. If no one cares I dont mind either as I get those information on my phone already
--
Cheers
darnabar

Post by darnabar »

Sorry, my english is not good.

I've just tried new version 0.6.2. All I can say is that Mook's version works good, but new 0.6.2 version don't. It doesn't connect automatically to any of my accounts when I start Firefox. I've had to go back to Mook's version and everything is fine again.

Thanks.
em28

Post by em28 »

tmlong wrote:- TL

tmlong, welcome back !! =D>
Long time no seen. 8-[

Things have changed since u've last visit. :-"
If I may suggest, it is better to continue from latest Mook's version. :idea:

don't walk away again. :wink:
Last edited by em28 on January 15th, 2011, 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
bolu

Post by bolu »

darnabar wrote:
I've just tried new version 0.6.2. All I can say is that Mook's version works good, but new 0.6.2 version don't. It doesn't connect automatically to any of my accounts when I start Firefox.

same problem, doesn't login to any of the accounts. Please notice that "INSTALL NOW" link leads to old version. "Download" and "English only" lead to 0.6.2
guelin

Post by guelin »

Sorry, my english is not good.

I've just tried new version 0.6.2.Dont´work for me :(.Doesn't connect automatically to any of my accounts when I start Firefox. The Mook's version previus work
zoesofia

Post by zoesofia »

Hi

addons.mozilla.org is still only showing Version 0.6 which I already have installed and when I click on find updates in tools - addons it says there is no update..

Why is this? How can we update to Version 0.6.2?

Thanks