[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
lprice1024

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by lprice1024 »

Running XP - MOOK locked me up too....please help
vastolorde

Post by vastolorde »

Ok I think I finally found an alternative!! This has been driving me up the wall since last night. I stayed up late last night trying to look stuff up and google for more options. Anyway, all I did was search "gmail" under firefox addons and I looked through them all, and tried a few of them that didn't turn out the way I wanted or didn't support more than 3 accounts. Then I finally tried GMail Checker and hallelujah I think we have a winner!!! I'm crossin my fingers cause I can't handle this not working again.
Chaosas

Post by Chaosas »

Mutak wrote:EDIT: Tried Mook's. FF hangs a few seconds after launch.
The gmail loading things stop spinning and the whole of FF hangs.

Exactly what happens to me. Firefox 3.6.13, Vista 64 bit SP2
I wonder what's different for people who claim it's working for them?
okpoubelle

Post by okpoubelle »

vastolorde wrote:Ok I think I finally found an alternative!! This has been driving me up the wall since last night. I stayed up late last night trying to look stuff up and google for more options. Anyway, all I did was search "gmail" under firefox addons and I looked through them all, and tried a few of them that didn't turn out the way I wanted or didn't support more than 3 accounts. Then I finally tried GMail Checker and hallelujah I think we have a winner!!! I'm crossin my fingers cause I can't handle this not working again.

Indeed, works, but the good thing with GMail Manager is that it allows one tray icon per account, and thus 1-click only to open inboxes, when GMail Checker needs rightclick > accountName > open inbox.
Too bad...
vastolorde

Post by vastolorde »

Yeah, there are a couple things that I wish Gmail checker had that was more like the old Gmail manager, but seeing that Gmail manager doesn't even work now, I don't have a choice. It's nice not having to store passwords in Firefox though and still be able to stay logged in to all the accounts. But if Gmail manager started being supported again, I'd still come back in a second.
granrose

Post by granrose »

I'm having the same problem today - First account logs in, followed by login popups for all my other accounts and none of them will sign in.

I can still log into the accounts manually, so the password is fine, but it appears Google has changed something and the login no longer works.

Hoping for an updated version soon.
jamicu

Post by jamicu »

granrose wrote:Hoping for an updated version soon.

No updates are expected. The owner of Gmail Manager has dissapeared and hasn't provided any updates for nearly a year (or maybe it's six months).
A couple of people have provided slightly altered versions on this thread. One, created by Mook, works for me but causes big problems for others.

Haven't a clue why Mook's version works for me but not others. I am using firefox 3.6.13 & windows 7
Last edited by jamicu on January 7th, 2011, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
tribalwind

Post by tribalwind »

vastolorde wrote: Then I finally tried GMail Checker and hallelujah I think we have a winner!!!

ditto, the rest dont support multiple logins it seemed,
this one is decent! thanks for the heads up
digideth

Post by digideth »

OK for those who can't get any of the other version to work without FF 3.6.13 locking/freezing up....

I highly recommend using WebMail Notifier FF Add-on
http://webmailnotifier.mozdev.org/

WOW that extension is AWESOME!

Wish I would have found out about before today...
lykiana

Post by lykiana »

For those having problems with mook's version freezing their FF, check whether any of your accounts have Google Buzz turned on. You can find it at the bottom of your inbox. Turning it off helped me!
gemios25

Post by gemios25 »

Hi,
I have been using gmail manager for quite some time now and let me tell you that I cannot live without it now. Great extention.

As I said, I've been using it for quite a while and without any problems at all up to just a couple of days. The trouble I'm having is that the manager can no longer check for new mail automatically and when I select an account to open it as before, the Manager Login dialogue box appears asking for the account information even though the information is already there and is correct for each account. Then when I click "Ok", the dialogue box just reappears. It's as though the information for the accounts is wrong only it's right. This happens for all accounts except two. The manager can only open two accounts out of 12 accounts. All others show a little yellow triangle. I am accepting cookies from sites as well as third party cookies and history is being remembered as well.

I am using FireFox 3.6.13

If anyone knows the answer to this problem I would appreciate the input.

Thank you in advance.

Manuel
nox.freak

Post by nox.freak »

I'm having the same problems as gemios25 is with the same versions.
!?!?!

Post by !?!?! »

I tried both of the suggested alternatives, but neither holds a candle to Gmail Manager. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but Gmail Checker made me enter my password every time I tried to check an account. What's the point in even having it then? I must be doing something wrong. Webmail Notifier lets me know I have a new email, but not which account it's in. So unless I know which account has a higher unread count than before, I am left to open randomly until I figure it out. Next I'm trying Thunderbird as a last resort. Seems that the only people who have had luck with Mook are using Windows 7 or Linux. I still have XP and it doesn't work.
crcaudle

Post by crcaudle »

Have been using Gmail Manager 0.6.1 for over a year without any problems. Currently on Firefox 3.6.13 and Vista SP Business SP2.

In the last 24 hours, something happened causing Gmail Manager to open numerous dialog boxes when I first open Firefox, all of them asking me to confirm the login and password info for each account. When I verify the password, the dialog box just immediately returns. Something is clearly broken and I have made no changes on my pc in weeks.

Anyone have any solutions? I need this program to work.

Thanks!
taz0x

Post by taz0x »

yeah this login problem needs to be resolved. i have to keep restarting my firefox to have it login again