[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
419baiter

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail acco

Post by 419baiter »

GM also froze on me...
When it first broke, I installed the GM NG upgrade, which [eventually] worked.
Was I relieved!
This was fine for a few days but then the PC started freezing when I selected 'log in all accounts'
I tried a reinstall of the original GM & the NG upgrade but GM then failed completely - I can enter an email + details, but it doesn't store it.
I have further installed the Odilatinam fix, but this too, hasn't solved anything.

I'm really at a loss here, as I use multiple gmail accounts and GM is absolutely invaluable for monitoring them all.

I'm currently using GM Notifier, but am struggling with it.

I could really do with having GM back!!
Can anyone hellllp?
(Please!)

Thanks.
Dexter_prog

Post by Dexter_prog »

fdisk2k wrote:Made the changes suggested by Odilatinam, but I can't correct the issue that the icon keeps on top of the toolbar, every time I start Firefox I have to move again and again to the bottom, Any solution to this?.

found a workaround, not sure if there is another way as I had this addon installed before I upgraded to the fugly FF 30+. Install status4evar. Then when you configure each account, select to display it on the status4evar statusbar. That way, the accounts won't go to the urlbar or wherever they were moving after restarting FF

Concerning snippets, I'm having this recurring problem. Every now and then one of my accounts stops displaying snippets. I always set inbox to unread first, but now the only way to have them is to set it to standard inbox, which I don't find useful. Any fixes?
fdisk2k

Post by fdisk2k »

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm with 18 add-ons already, I'm reluctant to install more in the FF. I'll wait for a solution (hope so).
12º 12' S
77º 03' W
piperka

Post by piperka »

Todd Long...where R U when your baby needs you ???
someone have to contact him :!:
beezilla

Post by beezilla »

Well, here's how I got it working again (FF 32.0.2):

1. Downloaded the "Status-4-Evar" (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tus-4-evar)
2. Downloaded the "Gmail Manager NG 0.6.5.2" (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... manager-ng)
3. Downloaded direct raw from https://github.com/ath0mas/firefox-gmai ... ixFF32.xpi (dragged and dropped the .xpi file onto an open Firefox browser window and installed it)
4. Added the 1st Gmail account to the Gmail Manager and moved the Gmail Manager from the toolbar to the Status Bar by modifying this first Gmail account as shown here in my screenshots (Gmail Manager Options -> Accounts -> Modify -> Toolbar -> Display in toolbar: status-bar OR status4evar-status-bar):

Pic-1
PS. If you leave the default settings unchanged (addon-bar), and you will be dragging the GM icon manually from the Toolbar to the Add-on Bar or Status Bar, it returns back to the toolbar as soon as you restart the browser.

Pic-2

Pic-3

..and voila, all getting back to normal. No more hangs or crashes in Firefox! Also after browser restart Gmail Manager doesn't disappear and will not be returned to the toolbar. :wink:
(Sorry for my poor English)

Dexter_prog wrote:found a workaround, not sure if there is another way as I had this addon installed before I upgraded to the fugly FF 30+. Install status4evar. Then when you configure each account, select to display it on the status4evar statusbar. That way, the accounts won't go to the urlbar or wherever they were moving after restarting FF

Concerning snippets, I'm having this recurring problem. Every now and then one of my accounts stops displaying snippets. I always set inbox to unread first, but now the only way to have them is to set it to standard inbox, which I don't find useful. Any fixes?

I had the exact same problem about a year ago.
Maybe the following Inbox Settings will solve your problem: viewtopic.php?p=12914165#p12914165

If the snippets on your Gmail account and Gmail Manager are turned on then try the different types of Inbox settings (eg. from "Default" to "Unread first" and back to the "Default" once again) and each time when you change the styles just save the settings and check if the snippets begin to work. If you use Gmail labs, disable them too.
andreus

Post by andreus »

beezilla wrote:Well, here's how I got it working again (FF 32.0.2):
3. Downloaded direct raw from https://github.com/ath0mas/firefox-gmai ... ixFF32.xpi

Thank you, beezilla,

This version of Gmail Manager works fine with FF 32.0.2.

(For more information about this version of GM (GM 0.6.5.3 + ath0mas additions + Odilatinam FF32 fix + twang817 Google domains fix) look at _https://github.com/nedwidek/firefox-gmail-manager-ng/issues/47#issuecomment-54694514)
arlequin8

Post by arlequin8 »

andreus wrote:
beezilla wrote:Well, here's how I got it working again (FF 32.0.2):
3. Downloaded direct raw from https://github.com/ath0mas/firefox-gmai ... ixFF32.xpi

Thank you, beezilla,

This version of Gmail Manager works fine with FF 32.0.2.

(For more information about this version of GM (GM 0.6.5.3 + ath0mas additions + Odilatinam FF32 fix + twang817 Google domains fix) look at _https://github.com/nedwidek/firefox-gmail-manager-ng/issues/47#issuecomment-54694514)

Great! Working fine here with Firefox 32.0.2! :lol:
Arlequín
PunkGeek

Post by PunkGeek »

Fix seems to be working for me.

I have Lubuntu and did the Firefox update. Had been using gmail-manager-0.6.4.1.6-tomondev.xpi with many accounts being checked. It had been working fine, but it stopped with the Firefox update. So found this very informative posting, THANKS!

I only needed to do park of you description.

2. Downloaded the "Gmail Manager NG 0.6.5.2" (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... manager-ng)
3. Downloaded direct raw from https://github.com/ath0mas/firefox-gmai ... ixFF32.xpi (dragged and dropped the .xpi file onto an open Firefox browser window and installed it)

Before removing the original gamil manager I did #2. At that point had both installed. So I went into addin manager and removed the original. Then did firefox restart.

Then did #3, and did firefox restart. At that point the gmail manager was working properly. All my accounts were available and being checked. Didn't have to manually type in all the account info again ... evidently it was stored and the #2 was smart enough to find it. I had in the past trie dthe NG version so it's possible I had typed in the info in past and that's what was grabbed, not sure. But it's working fine. Didn't have to do #1 nor #4.

Thanks again!
beezilla

Post by beezilla »

You're right. You no longer need a "Status-4-Evar" if you have installed FF v.32.0.2+ and you don't have to follow #4 if you're using the new unmodified Australis UI. In this case, GM Manger will be only on the navi toolbar in the upper right corner of the browser, because on this revamped version of UI there is no status-bar and no add-on bar in the lower part of the browser. But if you use on your Australis the "Classic Theme Restorer" that brings back the addon-bar and you want it to be situated at the bottom of the browser, you'll need to select in your GM settings - "status-bar" as shown in my Pic-1. Otherwise, it moves back to the toolbar when you restart the browser.
fried chicken + beer

Post by fried chicken + beer »

I'm using Gmail Manager NG 0.6.5.2 with the fix applied by hand, The Addon Bar (restored) 3.2, and Firefox 32.0.2. No crashing, freezes, etc. Everything seems to work fine.
nudda

Post by nudda »

update to firefox (33.0.3) just broke gmail manager. Anyone else have this problem ? Niot sure how to resolve.
fried chicken + beer

Post by fried chicken + beer »

I'm running FF 33.0.3 and my Gmail Manager NG is still working fine.
fdisk2k

Post by fdisk2k »

I'm using FF 33.1 and works fine.
12º 12' S
77º 03' W
nudda

Post by nudda »

doesnt work for me. I'[m using FF 33.1.1
accounts do not save at all.
nudda

Post by nudda »

ok i reinstalled NG and its working now! whoo hooo!