[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ChrisLeeds43

Post by ChrisLeeds43 »

8daysaweek wrote:
ChrisLeeds43 wrote:Something odd:
Same here :(
Mines working now but at home. So either temporary or work network related. Apologies to have been premature.

The notifications things stands though.
nottin

Post by nottin »

Incognito129 wrote:i edited the files for loginmanager but still doesn't work.

Sorry, it's not that simple.
You can't just replace nsIPasswordManager with nsILoginManager, the methods and parameters have changed too.
This part of the code will have to be rewitten.
AFAIK tmlong has no intention of fixing this before Firefox 3 is out, so I guess you'll have to wait.
runninamuck

Gmail Notifier email count shows 0 all the time

Post by runninamuck »

Gmail Notifier email count shows 0 all the time

For some reason about 1 week ago my email message count is staying at 0
I check for new email, log in and out reboot the computer. Nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know what is causing this. It is doing this all the time.

thanks for any help.
nottin

Re: Gmail Notifier email count shows 0 all the time

Post by nottin »

runninamuck wrote:Gmail Notifier email count shows 0 all the time

For some reason about 1 week ago my email message count is staying at 0
I check for new email, log in and out reboot the computer. Nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know what is causing this. It is doing this all the time.

thanks for any help.

Have you updated Gmail Manager to 0.5.4? It is supposed to fix that.
runninamuck

Post by runninamuck »

That did the trick.

I never thought of updating it. I was afraid to reinstall for fear of losing all my usernames and passwords.

Thanks.
scolestock

mailto links don't bring up compose window

Post by scolestock »

When I use gmail notifier to handle mailto links (with gafyd account) I get brought to my main inbox page, rather than to a compose window. Does anyone know how to address this? thanks!

Also - can gmail notifier insert itself as the system-wide mailto: handler?
RoswellGA

Post by RoswellGA »

I too am having issues with the GMail Manager - I have the 0.5.4 version > yet it still shows zero emails > I noticed one day when I was signing in my various accounts I mis-keyed a password and it showed up 0 new mail and not an error w/pw. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this > sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.............
Any ideas of when this will be fixed - it's pretty frustrating !
I also have one more related question .... if I place my mouse over the gmail manager's box - it will give me a clip of who the new email (s) are from ..... I seem to have disabled this on one of my accounts and can not figure out how to fix this ...... I tried the "display snippet" and that was def not it ...... Please advise ..

Thanks in advance !
EPerkins

default to old version of Gmail?

Post by EPerkins »

I have a request: I am not a huge fan of the new version of Gmail. Is there a way to set the Gmail Manager to default to the old version of Gmail?
paradoxyz

Post by paradoxyz »

Hi there !

Thanks for great extension. I've EXACTLY the same request as EPerkins . Actually, i use "Gmail Better" extension, and it does not work with the new version of gmail.. So it would be wonderful if "Gmail Manager" enable to parameter url (with url parameters ) such as : "?ui=1" in our case to get gmail old version..

Thanks a lot!

Regards

ps : sorry for bad english..
connectedgeek

GMail Manager 0.5.4 - Remember this password for next time

Post by connectedgeek »

I have GMail Manager 0.5.4 on Firefox 2.0.0.11.

I did a search and could not find a topic on this (that fit my issue)

Anyway, I have multiple accounts setup within GMail Manager 0.5.4 and when I open Firefox (everytime), I get prompted to enter my password for every single one of my accounts. I have quite a few. So, I go in to preferences and check mark "Remember this password for next time". I close Firefox and I get prompted again!! What's up?? How do I fix this??

Thanks,
Larry

P.S. I hope I posted this in the correct area.
tmlong

Re: default to old version of Gmail?

Post by tmlong »

scolestock wrote:When I use gmail notifier to handle mailto links (with gafyd account) I get brought to my main inbox page, rather than to a compose window. Does anyone know how to address this? thanks!

Also - can gmail notifier insert itself as the system-wide mailto: handler?

Unfortunately with the current version of Gmail Manager you're unable to compose mail with Google domain accounts. The code is slightly different when bringing up the compose dialog and I haven't been able to get it working quite right.

EPerkins wrote:I have a request: I am not a huge fan of the new version of Gmail. Is there a way to set the Gmail Manager to default to the old version of Gmail?

Yes, I'll most likely add an option so that when you load your account you can have it go to either version. Though the only problem is that I don't know how long the old version of Gmail will be around. Thanks for the suggestion.

connectedgeek wrote:Anyway, I have multiple accounts setup within GMail Manager 0.5.4 and when I open Firefox (everytime), I get prompted to enter my password for every single one of my accounts. I have quite a few. So, I go in to preferences and check mark "Remember this password for next time". I close Firefox and I get prompted again!! What's up?? How do I fix this??

Make sure that your saved passwords aren't being cleared whenever you exit Firefox. There is an option under Tools -> Clear Private Data to turn off your saved password from being cleared. Give that a try and let me know if the problem persists. Thanks.

- TL
Eygte450

Post by Eygte450 »

tmlong, please give us an ETA to the next version... i would love to play around with firefox 3 + gmail manager 0.6(?) working ehehe

ty
connectedgeek

Re: default to old version of Gmail?

Post by connectedgeek »

connectedgeek wrote:Anyway, I have multiple accounts setup within GMail Manager 0.5.4 and when I open Firefox (everytime), I get prompted to enter my password for every single one of my accounts. I have quite a few. So, I go in to preferences and check mark "Remember this password for next time". I close Firefox and I get prompted again!! What's up?? How do I fix this??

Make sure that your saved passwords aren't being cleared whenever you exit Firefox. There is an option under Tools -> Clear Private Data to turn off your saved password from being cleared. Give that a try and let me know if the problem persists. Thanks.

- TL[/quote]

WOO HOO IT WORKED!!! THANKS AGAIN!! :)
Helping keep the world Connected one Geek at a time ;)
Paloseco

Post by Paloseco »

I have found a problem: I use switchproxy to change proxies. When I open firefox with a wrong proxy selected and then I change the proxy and select "Check accounts now" It shows all emails to 0 but if I do click on an email there may be new mail and won´t be detected. If I "Logout all accounts" and login again it works.
cherny2004

Post by cherny2004 »

tmlong,
First of all, thanks for this app. it's totally awesome.

However, it hasn't been working very well lately. It works FINE for the first few hours after opening Firefox, but suddenly it just dies. It shows the "error icon" (envelope with an exclamation point) instead of the usual red one. If I restart Firefox, it starts working again and it's fully functional (I can open my inbox by clicking the icon, etc).

Any ideas how to fix this? I have the latest version (0.5.4) and the latest patch (posted in this thread).

Thanks a lot.