[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
facted

Post by facted »

tmlong wrote: I will be adding this so that whenever you login into Gmail it will continue auto-check for that same account. Hope this answers you. Thanks.

Yup, this is what I'm looking for. Will you also be incorporating auto-logout anytime soon?

Thanks.
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

Yeah, I will probably incorporate that as another safety measure in signing out of Gmail.

The new version 0.2.1 gets rid of the greyed out menu and detects when all the Gmail tabs are closed to sign out of Gmail. Also switching accounts when signed in will sign out of Gmail as well.

TL
Luana

Post by Luana »

Hi Todd :)
I'm the one who invited you on BabelZilla
Please, we are waiting for your extension ! ;)

Many thanks in advance
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

Uploaded to BabelZilla and ready to go =)

Sorry for not getting it there sooner. Looking forward to the translations and will make sure to release it to BabelZilla earlier than release. Thanks much.

TL
facted

Post by facted »

Thanks for the update :) Works great and it seems to have fixed the previous issues. One small thing: the indicator in the status bar seems to miscount when a message has skipped the inbox, but is still new (and the manager is set to show labeled messages). So if a message is labeled and skips the inbox, it shows up that I have two new messages rather than just the one actual message.

Thanks for all your work.
paulfox

Post by paulfox »

Looking great - loaded just now. Two addresses. Have two questions:

1. Is it necessary to check "remember password" in order for it to check more than once? How secure is that "remember" feature and is it necessary to have the extension check automatically? In other words does entering it ONCE not remember it again (and therefore defeat the benefit of the extensions)?
2. "Rename" seems to make it not work. I abbreviated one email to "P1" -- does it then think the addy is P1 (at) GMail?

Addendum: Uninstalled for now with copy of prefs from before loading copied back to folder. Uninstalling this extension leaves about:config entries behind, solved by re-importing "prior copy" of prefs. I wonder if you password is included in all that - I didn't check. Hmmm.

"M1" message stayed there after checking mail, only 1 of 2 email addresses was selected, and bottom system alert flash is too frequent & annoying (you can specify no system alert and rely on button only) - but then the button isn't accurate and shows "1 mail" after you've checked it already. Not quite "right yet" but thanks for posting the 11/4 version was available. I'll look at it again some time, but manually checking 2 seems easier, at least for now.
PentiumIII/W2K, Toshiba AMD laptop/Vista. FX 3 on both.
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

paulfox wrote:1. Is it necessary to check "remember password" in order for it to check more than once? How secure is that "remember" feature and is it necessary to have the extension check automatically? In other words does entering it ONCE not remember it again (and therefore defeat the benefit of the extensions)?

- If the "remember password" checkbox is checked then the password is stored in Firefox's password manager under gmanager.gmail.account and is loaded appropriately when Firefox is closed and started again.
- If the "remember password" checkbox is NOT checked then the password will be lost when all Firefox windows are closed.

paulfox wrote:2. "Rename" seems to make it not work. I abbreviated one email to "P1" -- does it then think the addy is P1 (at) GMail?

I think maybe "Rename" is somewhat misleading and should be named "Modify" this essentially allows you to change an existing account in the extension. The same could be done by removing an account and then adding a new one. It doesn't allow you to give an account an alias.

paulfox wrote:Addendum: Uninstalled for now with copy of prefs from before loading copied back to folder. Uninstalling this extension leaves about:config entries behind, solved by re-importing "prior copy" of prefs. I wonder if you password is included in all that - I didn't check. Hmmm.

The password is not stored in preferences.

paulfox wrote:"M1" message stayed there after checking mail, only 1 of 2 email addresses was selected, and bottom system alert flash is too frequent & annoying (you can specify no system alert and rely on button only) - but then the button isn't accurate and shows "1 mail" after you've checked it already. Not quite "right yet" but thanks for posting the 11/4 version was available. I'll look at it again some time, but manually checking 2 seems easier, at least for now.

The alert snippets are for Inbox messages only. Be sure that after you check your messages that you 'Sign Out' of Gmail so that the extension can update the read messages. If you remain signed in then the unread count will not change and hold the old mail snippets.

Thanks,
TL
paulfox

Post by paulfox »

OK, cool. Thanks for the rapid response and clarifications.
PentiumIII/W2K, Toshiba AMD laptop/Vista. FX 3 on both.
facted

Post by facted »

facted wrote:Thanks for the update :) Works great and it seems to have fixed the previous issues. One small thing: the indicator in the status bar seems to miscount when a message has skipped the inbox, but is still new (and the manager is set to show labeled messages). So if a message is labeled and skips the inbox, it shows up that I have two new messages rather than just the one actual message.

Thanks for all your work.

Actually, this is not what happens. The problem is when the message is labeled but also is still in the inbox. It counts it twice.

Thanks.
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

I just submitted version 0.2.2 which should fix a few things and I will work on making it so that it doesn't count the email twice if it appears in the inbox and label.
facted

Post by facted »

tmlong wrote:I just submitted version 0.2.2 which should fix a few things and I will work on making it so that it doesn't count the email twice if it appears in the inbox and label.

Can i get .2.2 from anywhere? It's not posted on your website...

Thanks.
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

facted wrote:Actually, this is not what happens. The problem is when the message is labeled but also is still in the inbox. It counts it twice.

Yeah, as of right now the only way around this problem is to, under Preferences, not include "Labels" for the unread count. I have found a fix for this and will have it out shortly with a few other adjustments.

- TL
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

New version 0.4.3.1 has been released.

Adds support for mailto: links and also provides a right-click menu for quick mail compose. Should resolve any issues with the recent Gmail changes. Also, adds the ability to switch to account with new mail.

This new version utilizes the Customize Toolbar option in Firefox for icon placement in the toolbar. Just right-click on the toolbar and select "Customize..." which will then open a new window where you can drag and drop the Gmail Manager icon anywhere on the toolbar area.

- TL
facted

Post by facted »

tmlong wrote:New version 0.4.3.1 has been released.

Adds support for mailto: links and also provides a right-click menu for quick mail compose. Should resolve any issues with the recent Gmail changes. Also, adds the ability to switch to account with new mail.

This new version utilizes the Customize Toolbar option in Firefox for icon placement in the toolbar. Just right-click on the toolbar and select "Customize..." which will then open a new window where you can drag and drop the Gmail Manager icon anywhere on the toolbar area.

- TL

Right clicking on the icon if it is placed on the toolbar area no longer oipens the options menu, like it did in previous versions. Is this by design or just an oversight?
kmonihen

Open gmail in new tab.

Post by kmonihen »

I just got the update to 0.4.3.1, but clicking the status bar icon will no longer open a new tab to check mail, even though I have it set to open in a "new tab (focused)"

Thanks,
Keith