[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
grebulon

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by grebulon »

This version seems to work with Firefox 4.0pre8.

However there's a small problem, it causes all the other extension's icons to disappear from the firefox toolbar. Also when opening the customize toolbar dialog, the extension icons are missing from it. I found a reference to a similar problem here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&p=9835415, but I don't know enough about XUL to fix it myself. This extension doesn't use jQuery, but it can be another global object in the overlay context (whatever that means...)
MrBigDog2U

Post by MrBigDog2U »

fuzzyscorpio wrote:Google does allow concurrent logins of different accounts from the same computer now. You have to go turn it on in your account settings.

I went through all of my accounts and changed this setting but GMM 5.7.5 still won't show info from multiple accounts on FireFox 3.6.12. I guess the ride has come to an end. Too bad.
Mook

Post by Mook »

Updated my little forked version to 0.6.1.0.1.20101101.mook, should fix toolbar customization reset and priority inbox / multiple inboxes (in a really stupid way). Still can't reproduce the hangs - I'm afraid it probably needs somebody experiencing it to fix. As before, this isn't a guarantee I'll keep going, it's just sharing what I need to get it to work for myself.
poot.
relish1

Post by relish1 »

Hi,
The unread count always shows 0, no matter what I tried to do:
logged out and in again few times on the browser too, reinstalled FF + add-in again- nothing seems to work.
When I log in with different gmail account everything works just fine.
I just updated FF 3.6.12 and 0.6.1.
Thanks!
fuzzyscorpio

Post by fuzzyscorpio »

MrBigDog2U wrote:
fuzzyscorpio wrote:Google does allow concurrent logins of different accounts from the same computer now. You have to go turn it on in your account settings.

I went through all of my accounts and changed this setting but GMM 5.7.5 still won't show info from multiple accounts on FireFox 3.6.12. I guess the ride has come to an end. Too bad.

I didn't mean to suggest enabling multiple logins at Gmail account level would solve the latest problems with Gmail Manager. I just thought it might eliminate the need for Gmail Manager for some users.

If you don't mind enabling that feature, you could then enhance it by, for example, implementing Gina Trapani's "Better Gmail 2," which does some notifier-type things. (The add-on is described as a bundle of "the best Greasemonkey scripts for Gmail," so you might want to cherry-pick the scripts instead... I just now noticed that for the first time.)
brand404

Post by brand404 »

Mook wrote:Updated my little forked version to 0.6.1.0.1.20101101.mook, should fix toolbar customization reset and priority inbox / multiple inboxes (in a really stupid way). Still can't reproduce the hangs - I'm afraid it probably needs somebody experiencing it to fix. As before, this isn't a guarantee I'll keep going, it's just sharing what I need to get it to work for myself.

Doesn't work. Firefox crashes big time. Had to deinstall the plugin and trash it.
I am using the latest FireFox (3.6.12) and it was the auto-check on launch it crashed Firefox and i had to use Task Manager to kill the entire process.
fuzzyscorpio

Post by fuzzyscorpio »

Been switching back and forth between Gmail Notifier and WebMail Notifier. Both very unsatisfying compared with Gmail Manager when it worked right—the snippets were key. Maybe Gmail Notifier would provide a snippet feature if I hadn't uninstalled Growl a while back due to misbehavior. IIRC, it used to use Growl to give a glimpse of the new mail. But it's probably not worth letting Growl mess with my aging Power Mac again.

As is, Gmail Notifier is pretty much a basket case for me, anyway, since like GMM it only "reads" one account accurately and on the last launch it was even generating some login errors with that one. Uninstalled.

WebMail Notifier is working smoothly and is the only one of the three that recognizes new mail in both of my accounts, so it wins.

Bummer.
kondrich

Post by kondrich »

I am using Firefox 3.6.12 on Windows 7 and Gmail Manager version 0.6.1: It does not display unread counts in my inbox. Googe Mail Watcher 1.21 is working, tough.
brand404

Post by brand404 »

kondrich wrote:I am using Firefox 3.6.12 on Windows 7 and Gmail Manager version 0.6.1: It does not display unread counts in my inbox. Googe Mail Watcher 1.21 is working, tough.

What i find out with Watcher is that you have to MANUALLY log into your gmail account before it can begin monitoring it. Why one can't just provide a id/pass to be saved so you dont have to repeat it over and over is beyond me.

Also, why is GMM the only one that shows snippets. It seems like an obvious thing to put in.... it must be tough. Anyway, GMM was clearly the best of all the bunch when it worked. Shame!

I think i will have to learn FireFox's XUL language to make my own plugin that does what i want. I can easily make a stand-alone app that does teh same thing but i prefer it in FireFox.

Ah well.
Gofo

Post by Gofo »

If Anyone wishes to contact the author Tmlong you can do it via PM or Email:

PM
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=171650
Email
longfocus@gmail.com

Maybe he will listen...
CAL-123

Post by CAL-123 »

Gofo wrote:If Anyone wishes to contact the author Tmlong you can do it via PM or Email:

PM
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=171650
Email
longfocus@gmail.com

Maybe he will listen...

He has *completely abandoned* this add-on. Many have had contact...nothing back. Seems he would have the 'guts' to reply to this thread and tell us all he is through and let someone else 'take over'. But no... ](*,) ](*,) :-"
Last edited by CAL-123 on November 2nd, 2010, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grebulon

Post by grebulon »

Anyone can modify GMM's code, it's not hidden. Actually mook has put the code in github for himself at http://github.com/mook/gmail-manager. It's currently read only, but perhaps he'd be willing to open it for some other guys to submit code. I have already PM'ed him about this. Also started reading the code and learning XUL for this purpose. This can turn into a nice shared open source project.

BTW1 - I'm using mook's mod in FF4pre8 and it seems to be working fine until now.
BTW2 - I also tried to write to tLO several times but haven't heard from him.
CAL-123

Post by CAL-123 »

Mook wrote:Updated my little forked version to 0.6.1.0.1.20101101.mook, should fix toolbar customization reset and priority inbox / multiple inboxes (in a really stupid way). Still can't reproduce the hangs - I'm afraid it probably needs somebody experiencing it to fix. As before, this isn't a guarantee I'll keep going, it's just sharing what I need to get it to work for myself.

This works for me. Not as good as Gmail Manager - but will have to do for now.

EDIT: This above is for Gmail Notifier - NOT manager...sorry.

Thanks Mook!

:)
brand404

Post by brand404 »

grebulon wrote:Anyone can modify GMM's code, it's not hidden. Actually mook has put the code in github for himself at http://github.com/mook/gmail-manager. It's currently read only, but perhaps he'd be willing to open it for some other guys to submit code. I have already PM'ed him about this. Also started reading the code and learning XUL for this purpose. This can turn into a nice shared open source project.

BTW1 - I'm using mook's mod in FF4pre8 and it seems to be working fine until now.
BTW2 - I also tried to write to tLO several times but haven't heard from him.

Thanks for the info grebulon. I might just join in and help keep this thing supported and open as well because it really is a nice plugin that shouldnt die this way...I will have to learn XUL too...should be fun. I am just holding out hope that the author (or someone else) will jump in and fix this new bug.

mook's plugin seems to constantly crash my firefox. Cant figure out why. It might be conflicting with another plugin since you guys arent having problems...i will have to experiment. But right now i am suffering through the painfully simplistic Gmail Watcher.
Squirle

Save Gmail manager!

Post by Squirle »

It would be fantastic if you guys could fix this extension as it is by far the best Gmail manager available. I've tried them all these last couple of days and just keep getting disappointed.

So any and all out there with some knowledge of extension building, PLEASE RESCUE GMAIL MANAGER! [-o< [-o< [-o<