[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
brand404

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by brand404 »

YAY...Mook's current version of GMail Manager is working for me (Link: gmanager.0.6.1.0.1.20101101.mook.xpi)! :D

Gmail Manager is running again! I can finally see unread message counts (and snippets). I also currently have it monitoring 3 accounts.

Although all of us have been experiencing problems with the Unread count my adventures with Mook's revision led to constant Firefox crashes (actually, Freezing). It turns out i hadn't turned off "Buzz" in one of my 3 accounts. So if anyone is experiencing FireFox freezing when you attempt to use Mook's version then just click the "Turn Off Buzz" link at the bottom of your gmail account page.

Finally, now i dont have to slit my wrists! And can de-install these horrible, HORRIBLE 3rd rate wannabes! ](*,)

Thanks Mook! =D> =D> =D>
Cal.123

Post by Cal.123 »

I checked the "Buzz" and it *was* turned off. But no joy with Mook's Gmail Manager hack...so I'm using Gmail Notifier - but like all say - wonder why, although Notifier shows all kinds of drop down folders and amount of mail unread...it will not show snippets - which is what made Manager so damn good! Some mail needs instant response and you know at once to open Gmail or not.

Surely their are some members clever enough to write some hacks or mods to Manager and get it working again? I think so...please try! [-(

:)
kondrich

Post by kondrich »

gmanager.0.6.1.0.1.20101101.mook.xpi is working for me, too. Thanks, brand404.

I guess Gmail's priority inbox is bothering original GMM. While important and unread messages are correctly shown as unread by GMM, all other unread e-mails are not shown.
pcss

Post by pcss »

Previous builds of Mook's version were locking up for me, with the latest version all is well once I disabled buzz on one of the three accounst I am checking.

Thank you very much Mook, much appreciated! :D
brand404

Post by brand404 »

Cal.123 wrote:I checked the "Buzz" and it *was* turned off. But no joy with Mook's Gmail Manager hack...so I'm using Gmail Notifier - but like all say - wonder why, although Notifier shows all kinds of drop down folders and amount of mail unread...it will not show snippets - which is what made Manager so damn good! Some mail needs instant response and you know at once to open Gmail or not.

Surely their are some members clever enough to write some hacks or mods to Manager and get it working again? I think so...please try! [-(

:)

I wonder then if it is a conflicting existing plugin. Try disabling all the other plugins and then leaving on GMM-mock and see if it fixes the problem.

Btw, i notice that if your GMail is set to using Basic HTML as the Default then GMM-mock will not work..meaning it will not show snippets and unread...Not a big deal at all since virtually everyone prefers the richer full Standard View.

What is it doing on your side? Is it just the usual "0" unread emails?
Last edited by brand404 on November 3rd, 2010, 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
brand404

Post by brand404 »

kondrich wrote:While important and unread messages are correctly shown as unread by GMM, all other unread e-mails are not shown.

Can you explain more (step-by-step). I've tried to replicate what you've said and so far this GMM hack seems to work flawlessly with Priority Inbox.
kondrich

Post by kondrich »

@brand404: Yes, the hacked version by Mook is working fine. That's why I wrote "I guess Gmail's priority inbox is bothering *original* GMM." I did not clarifiy this in the following sentence again.
i_am_scifi

Post by i_am_scifi »

Do you think someone could apply mook's working version to the interface of 0.5.7.5? I miss being able to left click to open up the menu.

EDIT: Also, if you don't put your password into the account as a saved password, it messes with 6.1. You need to input it in then remove it again from the saved field in order to get the thing functioning right for each account.
brand404

Post by brand404 »

kondrich wrote:@brand404: Yes, the hacked version by Mook is working fine. That's why I wrote "I guess Gmail's priority inbox is bothering *original* GMM." I did not clarifiy this in the following sentence again.

Oh sorry Kondrich...yea i should have paid more attention. Great to see its working for you too! So only Cal is having a problem.
panamasammii

Post by panamasammii »

Have been having trouble with gmail not updating inbox.. so I installed Mooks version, which just crashed my system... freezing up all the time and not working.

In desperation, I went back and installed the from Tom Longs site

www.longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager

and lo and behold everything is working perfectly again!
iHastr

Post by iHastr »

Mook wrote:Updated my little forked version to 0.6.1.0.1.20101101.mook ...

Thanks, Mook! Now it works for me too! :D

My Buzz has been turned off long time ago...
Last edited by iHastr on November 3rd, 2010, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
brand404

Post by brand404 »

panamasammii wrote:Have been having trouble with gmail not updating inbox.. so I installed Mooks version, which just crashed my system... freezing up all the time and not working.

In desperation, I went back and installed the from Tom Longs site

http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager

and lo and behold everything is working perfectly again!

The crash/freeze was likely the same problem i had -- you need to turn off Buzz in Gmail.
direfan

Post by direfan »

Thanks a lot for the new Mooks version. However, I know this has been discussed before but since I have multiple accounts, how can I ensure that each account is NOT shown separately? Each account has a an entry in the status bar. Thanks.
brand404

Post by brand404 »

direfan wrote:Thanks a lot for the new Mooks version. However, I know this has been discussed before but since I have multiple accounts, how can I ensure that each account is NOT shown separately? Each account has a an entry in the status bar. Thanks.

Oh that is easy to fix (i had the same issue way back):

1. Options > {Select Email Account} > Modify > Toolbar (tab) > Uncheck "Display in toolbar"
2. Repeat for each of your other accounts.

This will place all your accounts into one entry at the far right corner of the Status bar which is perfect for me.
direfan

Post by direfan »

brand404 wrote:
direfan wrote:Thanks a lot for the new Mooks version. However, I know this has been discussed before but since I have multiple accounts, how can I ensure that each account is NOT shown separately? Each account has a an entry in the status bar. Thanks.

Oh that is easy to fix (i had the same issue way back):

1. Options > {Select Email Account} > Modify > Toolbar (tab) > Uncheck "Display in toolbar"
2. Repeat for each of your other accounts.

This will place all your accounts into one entry at the far right corner of the Status bar which is perfect for me.

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your quick reply. It was driving me nuts.