[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
samuelal

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by samuelal »

Cool,

Thanks a million, brand404!!!

Samuel.
brand404

Post by brand404 »

samuelal wrote:Cool,

BTW, your email address is not made up of unique special characters (".","-", "_", etc) or is longer than your other ones, is it? Just trying to get an idea of things.

TTYL.
samuelal

Post by samuelal »

brand404 wrote:BTW, your email address is not made up of unique special characters (".","-", "_", etc) or is longer than your other ones, is it? Just trying to get an idea of things.

Well, actually... :D

Problematic: 15 characters.
Good (2 accounts): 14 characters.
Good (2 additional accounts): less than that.

All Email accounts are comprised from lower-case letters only.

Should I proceed and create another fresh account with 15 characters just for the sake of it?

Regards,
Samuel
samuelal

Post by samuelal »

Bump,

Following my previous post above (viewtopic.php?p=10103573#p10103573)

1. Created another fresh Gmail account with 15 lower-case letters, just like the problematic one.
2. Entire settings tree has been duplicated from another "Good" Gmail account.
3. GMM works A-OK with it.

Regards,
Samuel.
TEA-Time

Post by TEA-Time »

samuelal wrote:Bump,

Following my previous post above (<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=10103573#p10103573">viewtopic.php?p=10103573#p10103573</a><!-- l -->)

1. Created another fresh Gmail account with 15 lower-case letters, just like the problematic one.
2. Entire settings tree has been duplicated from another "Good" Gmail account.
3. GMM works A-OK with it.

Regards,
Samuel.

Given the STRANGE lower case e-mail "requirement".. maybe it's having issues with characters in your password... Any special characters.. spaces.. etc. in it?
samuelal

Post by samuelal »

TEA-Time wrote:Given the STRANGE lower case e-mail "requirement".. maybe it's having issues with characters in your password... Any special characters.. spaces.. etc. in it?

Greetings, TEA-Time!

My passwords across all Gmail accounts are comprised out of only lower-case letters and numbers.

No spaces, no special characters.

Best regards,
Samuel
brand404

Post by brand404 »

samuelal wrote:My passwords across all Gmail accounts are comprised out of only lower-case letters and numbers.

Thanks for trying all this out....Wow, this is really interesting! I now am wondering if something in the existing email subject/body held within the account that is causing the problem.

Hey, try this...can you move all your emails messages (read and unread) contained in all folders into the trash (or Spam)....I know that sounds odd and i hope you dont already have tons of existing trash/spam stuff in there which will make things harder when you go to move things back later. i just want them moved out of any Folders/Labels that GMM looks through...I would say create a new label and move them there and just uncheck the GMM option of looking into Labels but might as well go all the way -- your choice really. :lol:

After you do that create a new unread email message within the account and see what happens with GMM.

Ok i have to head out but will be back l8r

Cheers
samuelal

Post by samuelal »

Good lord! :)

I'm afraid that won't be possible.

That problematic Gmail account is tied to my business.
While my Trash Label is empty, I've got no less than 77 other Labels (different suppliers, accounting, etc) and 71 Filter-rules, set across them.
Message count is well in the thousands (all together).

Maybe something else we can try?

Regards,
Samuel
Mook

Post by Mook »

Hey; sorry, haven't had much time to look at all this.

Going to about:config and setting longfocus.gmanager.debug to true should give you a lot more logging in the error console (set devtools.errorconsole.enabled to true, Tools -> Error Console). Please remember to check the logs for your password before posting anything!

I believe the unread count looks for the number in the inbox (GMail uses ^i as a special label for inbox).

Everyone, by the way, please feel free to log issues on github - I might not get to it soon, or ever, but at least keeping track of the problems is probably a useful thing.
poot.
samuelal

Post by samuelal »

Thanks Mook, for dropping by.

I've got no idea where's this github, but following your recommendation - I dug this up from the Error Console:

Code: Select all

gmanager: (qxxxxxxxxxxxxxr@gmail.com) Error getting the unread counts: SyntaxError: No valid JSON string!

Naturally, I've censored the full Gmail account's name here.

Does this help or can I send you somewhere the full code from the moment I enable the problematic account until I log into it?

Best regards,
Samuel
Mook

Post by Mook »

samuelal wrote:

gmanager: (qxxxxxxxxxxxxxr@gmail.com) Error getting the unread counts: SyntaxError: No valid JSON string!

That does sound useful, yes - I'm afraid you need to examine the response and see where it's breaking the JSON parser. It does oddly use its own JSON parser rather than Firefox's version, yeah... Maybe there's some message at the top of your inbox with brackets [] in the subject or something?

This is probably complicated by the fact that GMail didn't mean to send JSON; it just wanted to send real JavaScript.

I would highly recommend against sending detailed information to me, since I think the data required would involve the subject, and possibly contents, of your mail. I'm afraid you'll have to figure things out yourself, or look for somebody else trustworthy...
poot.

Post by 49311 »

Hey Mook,

Just wanted to say thanks for the fix. Everything is working great for me now. I appreciate everything you have done

:)
brand404

Post by brand404 »

samuelal wrote:

Hey Sam. Wow some good activity in here while i was gone :) ... You've given me more information that i didnt know which is great...So your account is made up of a ton of Labels and Filters...That is very intriguing...

Ok, i think i've been able to recreate the problem on my side too....i am able to get snippets but my Unread count remains at 0.

Do you have quotes around ANY of your Labels? If so then you need to remove them.

Anyway, i will save my other writeup till after i get your reply.
Last edited by brand404 on November 9th, 2010, 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
samuelal

Post by samuelal »

brand404 wrote:Ok, i think i've been able to recreate the problem on my side too....i am able to get snippets but my Unread count remains at 0.

Do you have quotes around ANY of your Labels? If so then you need to remove them.

Anyway, i will save my other writeup till after i get your reply.

S U C C E S S!!! :D :D :D =D> :D :D :D

It was the QUOTES in my Labels !

Once removed - GMM's counter's working perfectly!

MANY MANY THANKS TO YOU - Brand404, TEA-Time, & Mook !

Best regards!!!
Samuel
Tranquillado

Post by Tranquillado »

Hello, all.

I'm using GMM 0.6.1 with FF 3.6.12 to monitor one Gmail account, and despite having my password saved in options, and every instance of auto-login selected, I am always pushed the Gmail login page, and prompted to enter my pwd when I click the GMM icon to access my inbox.

I've scoured this thread for help and cannot figure how to correct this unwanted behavior. If anyone has a suggestion I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.