[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
hiarmen

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by hiarmen »

Yeap! Me too back to previous one. 0.6.4 does not work correctly.
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

internero wrote:I was making reference to the 'grouped' statusbar icon (the one that show the menu with options and all accounts when right-clicked).

This statusbar item just disapeared - and, sorry, but I don't like individual icons because I have too many accounts.

Again, every account icon is a "grouped" icon. You can always access all of your accounts from any account icon. There is no one "grouped" icon... you can simply setup one of your accounts to be displayed on the toolbar and designate that as your "grouped" icon. If you simply right-click on any account icon you will always see the same menu which includes all of your accounts.

hiarmen wrote:Yeap! Me too back to previous one. 0.6.4 does not work correctly.

Ok... and what exactly is not working correctly?

- TL
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

tmlong: all is still well and dandy here:) Decided I revert back to 0.5.7.5 icons as they fit better with Nasa Night Launch - but this time with an userstyle, bluntly using your overlay and inserting the old images as base64 :P Desired effect accomplished and no need to tinker inside chrome,jar anymore...
angussf

Post by angussf »

Just finished fighting with Organize Status Bar, even the latest version doesn't work with GMail Manager 0.6.4.

It would be a Good Thing IMHO if GMM had a global checkboxes to control things like mail snippets on new-mail and in tooltips. The global setting would control anything that is not set per-account.
GeoApps // in sunny Tucson, Arizona, USA (but it's a dry heat)
-=+=- "Work is for people who can't golf." -=+=-
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

DMCrimson wrote:tmlong: all is still well and dandy here:) Decided I revert back to 0.5.7.5 icons as they fit better with Nasa Night Launch - but this time with an userstyle, bluntly using your overlay and inserting the old images as base64 :P Desired effect accomplished and no need to tinker inside chrome,jar anymore...

Very good to hear =) Thank you for letting me know.

angussf wrote:It would be a Good Thing IMHO if GMM had a global checkboxes to control things like mail snippets on new-mail and in tooltips. The global setting would control anything that is not set per-account.

I believe I'm going to re-work the options as many people don't realize you can change individual account settings... I do like the idea of somehow applying settings from one account to the rest. Also, I like the idea of being able to "clone" an account where you would only have to enter the email, alias, and password. In addition, I think I'm going to set it up so that you can select a "default" account and have the option of displaying multiple accounts in the toolbar. This definitely won't happen over night but it will be a major focus going forward.

- TL
internero

Post by internero »

tmlong wrote:
internero wrote:I was making reference to the 'grouped' statusbar icon (the one that show the menu with options and all accounts when right-clicked).

This statusbar item just disapeared - and, sorry, but I don't like individual icons because I have too many accounts.

Again, every account icon is a "grouped" icon. You can always access all of your accounts from any account icon. There is no one "grouped" icon... you can simply setup one of your accounts to be displayed on the toolbar and designate that as your "grouped" icon. If you simply right-click on any account icon you will always see the same menu which includes all of your accounts.

- TL

Sorry TL, but I'm confused...

I've 9 accounts in my main FFox profile and no one has the individual 'show in statusbar' option checked.

Beside this, GM until 0.6.3 shows in statusbar an grouped icon and I can left-click to auto-login, right-click to access the menu, and so on...

With GM 0.6.4 this simple disapeared. And, if I check 'show in statusbar' option in any of my accounts, just the account checked is shown in statusbar (and I can't right-click it).

I've made this tests in my main FFox profile and in a clean FFox install on another computer, with just GM 0.6.4 (without another addons) and found the same problem.

Another strange situation I've found was that, in first run after installing GM 0.6.4 addon, I can see and right-click a gray icon on statusbar. When I click options, added 2 accounts and clicked 'ok' button, this icon simple disappeared from statusbar.

Sorry again if I cannot describe the problem in a way that can help you...

[]s

internero
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

internero wrote:I've 9 accounts in my main FFox profile and no one has the individual 'show in statusbar' option checked.

Ok, that would be the reason why none of your accounts appear in the toolbar/statubar.

internero wrote:Beside this, GM until 0.6.3 shows in statusbar an grouped icon and I can left-click to auto-login, right-click to access the menu, and so on...

That should not have been the case (i.e. bug in the code). This will only be the case if you don't have any accounts setup... which is basically your starting point. Again, all account icons are "grouped" icons and function the same way by allowing access to all of your accounts.

internero wrote:With GM 0.6.4 this simple disapeared. And, if I check 'show in statusbar' option in any of my accounts, just the account checked is shown in statusbar (and I can't right-click it).

This is because of an issue with the "Organize Status Bar" extension... it has been discussed over the past couple of pages. If you disable/uninstall that extension you will see that you can right-click the account and have access to all of your accounts.

Again, if you only want one account in the toolbar/statusbar simply choose one account to be displayed. From that account you can easily right-click and select your other accounts. This should mimic exactly what you're talking about with version 0.6.3.

- TL
bgillis

Post by bgillis »

tmlong wrote:
internero wrote:I've 9 accounts in my main FFox profile and no one has the individual 'show in statusbar' option checked.

Ok, that would be the reason why none of your accounts appear in the toolbar/statubar.

internero wrote:Beside this, GM until 0.6.3 shows in statusbar an grouped icon and I can left-click to auto-login, right-click to access the menu, and so on...

That should not have been the case (i.e. bug in the code). This will only be the case if you don't have any accounts setup... which is basically your starting point. Again, all account icons are "grouped" icons and function the same way by allowing access to all of your accounts.

internero wrote:With GM 0.6.4 this simple disapeared. And, if I check 'show in statusbar' option in any of my accounts, just the account checked is shown in statusbar (and I can't right-click it).

This is because of an issue with the "Organize Status Bar" extension... it has been discussed over the past couple of pages. If you disable/uninstall that extension you will see that you can right-click the account and have access to all of your accounts.

Again, if you only want one account in the toolbar/statusbar simply choose one account to be displayed. From that account you can easily right-click and select your other accounts. This should mimic exactly what you're talking about with version 0.6.3.

That is exactly what I try to describe at first when I reported this issue to you.
Now you understand why we are all talking about a grouped icon in 0.6.3 and unavailable in 0.6.4.
Internero explained it more clearly =D>

I do not have received any response from OSB developer yet.
That's quite weird. Maybe he' s having a good time on holidays :twisted:
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

bgillis wrote:That is exactly what I try to describe at first when I reported this issue to you.
Now you understand why we are all talking about a grouped icon in 0.6.3 and unavailable in 0.6.4.

And I explained that there is no one "grouped" icon. You can simply have one of your accounts displayed in the toolbar/statusbar for the same effect. Either way, I hope that last posted answered your question regarding this.

- TL
bgillis

Post by bgillis »

tmlong wrote:
bgillis wrote:That is exactly what I try to describe at first when I reported this issue to you.

And I explained that there is no one "grouped" icon. You can simply have one of your accounts displayed in the toolbar/statusbar for the same effect. Either way, I hope that last posted answered your question regarding this.

Exactly Todd... Now everybody should have the full explanation of this issue.
I thank you for your patience and your full understanding :D
fried chicken + beer

Post by fried chicken + beer »

I updated gmail manager from 0.6.3 to 0.6.4... As others have reported, I lost the ability to get an accounts list with a right-mouse click in the gmail manager area of the statusbar. I had the OSB addon enabled. Once I disabled that, I was able to right-click and get the accounts list again. However, left-clicking the mouse didn't open the account in a tab. Due to left-click being broken, I too am among the pool of users who has reverted to gmail manager 0.6.3 since that's the last version that worked properly for me.

By the way, the broken left-click occured even on a fresh install of firefox + gmail manager.
ddabrai

Post by ddabrai »

Hi,
I have read above all the post realting to this problem with ver 6.4 for me in its simplicity form I have no gmail manger icon in status bar so I cant do anything. I have many accounts so now I have to revert back to old fashioned way. If something is working leave it alone why meddle It was a fanatastic thing and last upgrade gave few problems and this upgrade yet another one why is TL messing it is working please leave it alone.
On the other hand does any body know where I can downloand ver 6.3 from?
please can TL help can any member please post link for downloading ver 6.3
Thanks
Warmest Regards to All
Dilip Dabrai
fried chicken + beer

Just grab the current download link and change the version number in the url. That's what I did. Thankfully older versions are still available!
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

fried chicken + beer wrote:By the way, the broken left-click occured even on a fresh install of firefox + gmail manager.

Do you see any errors in the "Error Console" window? It is probably easiest to check with a fresh install. I have not experienced any issues with the left-click or heard from others. What do you have your left-click setup for when clicking your accounts? Please let me know.

ddabrai wrote:I have read above all the post realting to this problem with ver 6.4 for me in its simplicity form I have no gmail manger icon in status bar so I cant do anything. I have many accounts so now I have to revert back to old fashioned way. If something is working leave it alone why meddle It was a fanatastic thing and last upgrade gave few problems and this upgrade yet another one why is TL messing it is working please leave it alone.

How about you actually take time to look in the options... If none of your accounts are setup to be displayed on the toolbar/statusbar then what do you expect? I love the bitching and complaining and then immediately asking for help, unbelievable.

Geez... this whining and complaining is getting absolutely ridiculous.

- TL
fried chicken + beer

tmlong wrote:
fried chicken + beer wrote:By the way, the broken left-click occured even on a fresh install of firefox + gmail manager.

Do you see any errors in the "Error Console" window? It is probably easiest to check with a fresh install. I have not experienced any issues with the left-click or heard from others. What do you have your left-click setup for when clicking your accounts? Please let me know.

Left-click is set to "New tab (focused)". The strange thing is left-click is working now. All I can think of is a possible race condition (if that's even possible with a FF addon) may have been causing the problem. That's the only explanation that comes to mind that explains the problem on two different boxes, one of which being a fresh install. I'll leave 0.6.4 installed and the next time I get it to trigger I'll check the Error Console and see if there's anything useful there.

On a different note, I agree it would be great if gmail manager has 'global settings' which could be overridden by individual account settings. Or at the very least an 'apply to all accounts' option for the settings.