[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Kayla

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.5.7.4 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Post by Kayla »

I have the latest version but since yesterday, even though it appears I have logged in, when I click to go to my account, I'm forced to enter my password. However, if I go to my options, the correct password is there. If I try to check another account, it brings me to my primary account where I have to enter the password as before.

ETA: I've been getting those 443 invalid certificate messages ad nauseum.

ETA: Updating using the link on p. 166 worked.
Last edited by Kayla on October 9th, 2009, 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
rdbrown

Post by rdbrown »

rdbrown wrote:... FF 3.5.3/GMM 0.5.7.4 on Vista Ultimate at home that has never stopped working.

On a lark, I tried replacing the non-working code here at work with the working copy from home. No change in behavior, and yet for me the Vista machine works where the XP machine does not. The browser is the same version, too. Wonder if it's something unrelated to the GMM program?

While I'm thinking about it... why does GMM not transmit the GALX cookie at login? The login page itself sends it, so why not GMM?
erikistired

Post by erikistired »

so today GMM has decided to work on and off. right now it's working tho, so no complaints here!

oh and i'm back to 5.7.4, as 5.7.5 b2 wasn't working at all.
taekwon

Post by taekwon »

Did a little more searching. Have two machines working side by side - laptop with Vista Business and Desktop with Vista Ult. Desktop stopped working a couple days ago. b5 fixed it so far - no problems after multiple restarts. Laptop never stopped working, but realized I had not cycled the browser (Firefox) in a couple days. Restarted Firefox and GMM stopped working - installed b5 and now it is working just fine.
rtms

Post by rtms »

My GMM stopped working about yesterday and has not worked since. I've tried manually putting my user name and password in and logging out and in and while that seems to work, it won't check or update whether I have any emails. Could it have been the phishing attack that happened recently at the major web mail places? Here is a link:http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/10/06/gmail-hotmail-aol-and-yahoo-users-fall-victim-to-phishing-sch/
jphillips66

Post by jphillips66 »

Changing from GMM 0.5.7.4 to B2 seems to have fixed my issues!
rtms

Post by rtms »

I applied the patch etc and it's now working just fine again.
eangwin

Post by eangwin »

The only issue I am seeing after doing the b2 update is when I select the option to open the account by left click in "Blank tab (first available", nothing happens when it's clicked.
Igloo225

Post by Igloo225 »

I've been having the same problem, not able to log in from Gmail Manager's icon in the status bar. And b2 has fixed that for me too.

BUT GM doesn't correctly indicate the number of inbox emails, or it gets confused and either makes up numbers or assigns numbers from one account to some or all of the others.

Anyone else having this issue? or has b2 fixed it for everyone else?
DragonHawk

Post by DragonHawk »

So, anyway, Gmail Manager was not working for me, either at work or at home. I had installed b2 at work and things were okay. Details. I kept home unpatched as a control. Well, earlier this week, home started working again. I just uninstalled the special releases and went back to the regular 0.5.7.4 one gets from the addons.mozilla.org site, and it still works.

I don't know if this just means I'm getting a different Google cluster running older software now, due to some change in Internet weather, or if Google had backed out their change, but I thought I'd mention it.
sugee

Post by sugee »

Sugee
llungster

Post by llungster »

It looks like Gmail is still tweaking stuff on their end again. I can now log in fine using GMM 0.5.7.4 but the mail count preview is always 0. The continual change in behavior is really frustrating; I wish gmail would stop messing around!
bjjones

Post by bjjones »

I think I found a temporary solution to the various g-mail manager problems. Basically there is a conflict of some sort based on the i.p address of your home computer/laptop, g-mail manager program script and g-mail itself. I was having the same issues here that most are/were having in regards to the g-mail manager not working properly. Even after trying a couple of the patches and different suggestions provided by a few of the mozillazine members it seems that there was no real fix for my g-mail manager accounts. However, one day after resetting my cable router and modem due to a rain storm which shut the internet down, lo and behold I found that I could finally view my e-mails from the browser tab and automatically log into the my g-mail accounts! After doing a little backtracking I figured out what got the g-mail manager features back working normally is when my old i.p address was replaced with a new one by rebooting the cable router and modem, and the patch: http://longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/r ... 0575b2.xpi I had previously installed. If your i.p address happens to change even after you have installed the patch above, the automatic log in feature will quit operating. Therefore, you will have to go through the exact process again to make the g-mail manager function correctly. Maybe those who have ADSL (Asymmetric digital subscriber line) that randomly change i.p. addresses or the use of different Wifi networks might be one reason why some still can't get the g-mail manager to work.
llungster

Post by llungster »

llungster wrote:It looks like Gmail is still tweaking stuff on their end again. I can now log in fine using GMM 0.5.7.4 but the mail count preview is always 0. The continual change in behavior is really frustrating; I wish gmail would stop messing around!

Looks like everything is working again this morning. The count is correct; logins work. Fixed for now for me. Hope it stays!
llungster

Post by llungster »

llungster wrote:
llungster wrote:It looks like Gmail is still tweaking stuff on their end again. I can now log in fine using GMM 0.5.7.4 but the mail count preview is always 0. The continual change in behavior is really frustrating; I wish gmail would stop messing around!

Looks like everything is working again this morning. The count is correct; logins work. Fixed for now for me. Hope it stays!

Guess it was just too good to be true. Dead again.

Given that this is free email, I guess I really shouldn't complain. But it doesn't mean I have to like it, nor do I have to respect their apparently shody software