[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Albaraha

Post by Albaraha »

I didn't face such a problem.
funTomas

Post by funTomas »

Well, after logging out and then logging in back everything seems to work fine again. In ther error console, I can see "GM_ is not defined" or "missing ; before statement .....javascript: GM_ ....line 1". Anyway, as I sad, everything's fine now.
Lost User 240762

Gmail manager not working with igoogle

Post by Lost User 240762 »

I can't get igoogle to remember my login and password. They say on the help site that it's because of extensions like gmail manager. Is there any way I can get igoogle to remember me AND keep my gmail manager? I am so NOT giving this program up.
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

rigz wrote:Is it possible for (optionally) dropping a cookie in the browser session when signed in? I have many accounts and opening up a web page to just get my bookmarks / google apps signed in is a slow process. cookie sign-in seems faster, as supported by other "auto sign-in" firefox extensions for gmail.

Please incorporate in future versions

I'm definitely looking into speeding up the login processes but unfortunately they can only go as fast your connection and Google loading. Whenever logging into your Gmail account I believe Google does several redirects before you've completely finished logging in (cookie checks and verifications of sort). Hopefully there is something I can improve on my end as well. Thanks.

ifiult wrote:where account info (login and password) is stored? windows local reg or local folder? is secure running PortableFirefox + Gmail Manager in portable mode on multiple computers?

The account information is stored in Firefox's password management system. Should be just as secure running on PortableFirefox. Hope that helps. Thanks.

funTomas wrote:Well, after logging out and then logging in back everything seems to work fine again. In ther error console, I can see "GM_ is not defined" or "missing ; before statement .....javascript: GM_ ....line 1". Anyway, as I sad, everything's fine now.

Thanks for the heads up on that error you're getting. It looks like something is getting out of whack after running for a while. Hopefully the code will now be a little more cleaned up and stable.

serena_love wrote:I can't get igoogle to remember my login and password. They say on the help site that it's because of extensions like gmail manager. Is there any way I can get igoogle to remember me AND keep my gmail manager? I am so NOT giving this program up.

I don't believe I've seen "Gmail Manager" mentioned anywhere on Google's help but if you could please point me to it that would be great. The problem you're facing is perhaps that you're loading a different Google account which will wipe out your previous saved cookies. So, if you've got Gmail Manager running with three accounts X, Y, Z and you see that account Y has new mail and you click on the toolbar to load account Y then it will wipe out whatever cookies you had set for say account X. It's just like being logged into one Gmail account and then having to logout of that account to login to another. Hopefully that makes sense? If not, please let me know and I will try to clarify some more. Thanks.

- TL
physix

Logs in... Displays # of Messages... but will not open

Post by physix »

First, let me say that I've been using Gmail Manager for awhile and it's invaluable! It's a great tool for anyone with multiple gmail accounts!

And, aside from the occasion when Firefox updates and changes something that affects Gmail Manager (which is usually dealt with swiftly), I've never had a problem.

That said, today I find that I cannot open my gmail accounts via Gmail Manager. It correctly displays the # of messages (or conversations, as Gmail annoyingly calls them), but it won't open in my browser (Firefox 1.0.0.6) when I select it from the menu. None of the options work--new window, new tab (focused), new tab (unfocused), et. al.

This has only started today; Yesterday, it worked perfectly.

Thanks for any help.
-physix
Lost User 211134

Post by Lost User 211134 »

I am trying to download the English only version from the home page of the Gmail Manager extension but when you click the link nothing happens at all. I prefer the smaller download.
amir_e_a

updated conversation

Post by amir_e_a »

In GMail there's a yellow box at the bottom right corner of the screen saying that a conversation was updated while i am reading it.

Lately i receive a lot of those messages, even though the conversation wasn't actually updated.

I use Firefox 2.0.0.6 with the GMail manager extension. I used this extension for a long time and didn't have such a problem.
Pelias

Firefox 3.0 support

Post by Pelias »

As the subject says - please implement it. It's the only thing that is stopping me from going to 3.0 and enjoying a proper spell checker.
Pelias

Post by Pelias »

Oh, it doesn't show the subject. ?IT was: Please add support for 3.0 minefield.
Lost User 292436

Post by Lost User 292436 »

Hello - I run a small company and am looking to contact the developer of this product to help me create something similar that will be used by my employees to integrate Gmail with the document management system. If the developer could please contact me at west.mcadams@gmail.com.

Thanks
jyzhang

Does sound notification work?

Post by jyzhang »

Does the sound notification work in gmail manager ?
I like cool sound, but it seems it does NOT work although I have set sound.
anyway, thanks for the great addon.
chuckndee

HTML OR RICH TEXT

Post by chuckndee »

It would be great to be able to set the default interface loaded by Gmanager to be BASIC HTML only instead of the rich text GMail/Standard. The HTML only interface loads extremely fast and is great if you just need to check something quickly.
Old HardinComp

Re: Firefox 3.0 support

Post by Old HardinComp »

Pelias wrote:As the subject says - please implement it. It's the only thing that is stopping me from going to 3.0 and enjoying a proper spell checker.
Yes, please get the notifier compatible with Grand Paradiso. I got it into forced compatibility last night with the Nightly Tester Tools but after grabbing the nightly update it's disabled and I can't force it to work.
zzzmoz

Post by zzzmoz »

a suggestion :i don't want a email address appear on the right of the icon in the status bar.would you add a option in the setting panel to remove it ?

my English is very poor ,i wish you can understand what i said.
funTomas

Post by funTomas »

zzzmoz wrote:i don't want a email address appear on the right of the icon in the status bar.

Solution: clear your nick in the option, that's it.