[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TEA-Time

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by TEA-Time »

samuelal wrote:S U C C E S S!!! :D :D :D =D> :D :D :D

It was the QUOTES in my Labels !

Once removed - GMM's counter's working perfectly!

MANY MANY THANKS TO YOU - Brand404, TEA-Time, & Mook !

Best regards!!!
Samuel

Glad you got it working. :D
brand404

Post by brand404 »

Tranquillado wrote:Hello, all.

I'm using GMM 0.6.1 with FF 3.6.12 to monitor one Gmail account, and despite having my password saved in options, and every instance of auto-login selected, I am always pushed the Gmail login page, and prompted to enter my pwd when I click the GMM icon to access my inbox.

I've scoured this thread for help and cannot figure how to correct this unwanted behavior. If anyone has a suggestion I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.

Are you able to see unread content on the status bar or does it show an "!" indicating it cannot login? Or does the problem only occur when you try to jump into Gmail only?
em28

Post by em28 »

Summering the last pages.
When GM can't show alert for new mail these checks must be done:

- Make sure all accounts Google Buzz is turn off.
- Make sure all accounts are lowercase.
- Make sure there are no special characters in accounts name & passwords.
- Make sure there are no quotes in labels name.

Does those checks refer to all GM versions (internero, mook, T Long) ?
I use internero version.
brand404

Post by brand404 »

em28 wrote:Summering the last pages.

I use internero version.

At least in the case for the mook version those checks definitely apply. And you've confirmed Internero so we just need someone to verify TLong. If i have it right and the TLong version is the original release (currerntly on Mozilla) then i am pretty sure that one is plain broken permanently (these checks wont make it work). But if it is an updated hack then my mistake. So, as far as i know people are best served to only user Mook or Internero.

Very good summary, btw! Saves a ton of time for new visitors. And YAY I love my GMM!
brand404

Post by brand404 »

For GMM-mook also make sure each Gmail account is in Standard View not Basic Html. By default all GMail accounts are in Standard View.
relish1

Post by relish1 »

samuelal wrote:
brand404 wrote:Ok, i think i've been able to recreate the problem on my side too....i am able to get snippets but my Unread count remains at 0.

Do you have quotes around ANY of your Labels? If so then you need to remove them.

Anyway, i will save my other writeup till after i get your reply.

S U C C E S S!!! :D :D :D =D> :D :D :D

It was the QUOTES in my Labels !

Once removed - GMM's counter's working perfectly!

MANY MANY THANKS TO YOU - Brand404, TEA-Time, & Mook !

Best regards!!!
Samuel

That was my problem too... Now it's working.
Thanks!!!
relish1

Post by relish1 »

brand404 wrote:

I use internero version.

At least in the case for the mook version those checks definitely apply. And you've confirmed Internero so we just need someone to verify TLong. If i have it right and the TLong version is the original release (currerntly on Mozilla) then i am pretty sure that one is plain broken permanently (these checks wont make it work). But if it is an updated hack then my mistake. So, as far as i know people are best served to only user Mook or Internero.

Very good summary, btw! Saves a ton of time for new visitors. And YAY I love my GMM!

I tested TLong 0.6.1 version now, and apparently it's working on FF 3.5.15 but not on 3.6.12.
I can get the unread count but not the snippets, and for me that's enough.
I rather use this version and not mook's 'cause I still have some minor (but annoying) problems on mook's version:
It takes too much time to login and I need to put my password at least 3-4 times before it's accepted.
brand404

Post by brand404 »

relish1 wrote:I tested TLong 0.6.1 version now, and apparently it's working on FF 3.5.15 but not on 3.6.12.
I can get the unread count but not the snippets, and for me that's enough.
I rather use this version and not mook's 'cause I still have some minor (but annoying) problems on mook's version:
It takes too much time to login and I need to put my password at least 3-4 times before it's accepted.

That's odd...i'm using mook (in FF 3.6.12) and the speed difference is exactly the same as TLong...although i do have high-speed broadband (5Mbi/s) and so it takes less than 1 sec to get the unread and snippets. As for the password i have only had to enter it once (on creation of the account in GMM) and never had to retype ever again.

Curious, have you set up GMail to show like 100 (or more) email subjects per page or is it set to the default 50/page?
Tranquillado

Post by Tranquillado »

brand404 wrote:Are you able to see unread content on the status bar or does it show an "!" indicating it cannot login? Or does the problem only occur when you try to jump into Gmail only?

Hi, brand404.

The unread counter is accurate; and, yeah, this happens only when I try to access Gmail.

And today, after fiddling with a few prefs in another vain troubleshooting attempt, Google pushed a page instructing me to turn cookies on. :shock: That's a new one.
brand404

Post by brand404 »

Tranquillado wrote:The unread counter is accurate; and, yeah, this happens only when I try to access Gmail.
And today, after fiddling with a few prefs in another vain troubleshooting attempt, Google pushed a page instructing me to turn cookies on. :shock: That's a new one.

Sounds like relish1 and you might have a similar problem. I hope you are open to keep trying out new tests and check back in this forum often until we get this solved. It will make things faster for us to hunt down the problem. Anyway, forgive me if i ask you to do things you may have already done but:

1) Can you create another email account and see if you can launch to GMail from GMM? Does it work or does it also have a problem?
2) Just so we know we're dealing with something new...can you (or have you already) gone through the required checklist (shown in a previous reply)?

If you've gone through the checklist and the new email account is also not working then go ahead and disable all your extensions and plugins except GMM...let me know if it continues to have a problem for both accounts.

And if you make it down to this line then lets find out what error message GMM is giving via the error console. To do that type about:config in the address bar, set longfocus.gmanager.debug to true, and set devtools.errorconsole.enabled to true. Then goto Tools > Error Console. Now try going to GMail via GMM and see what messages are shown in the console....try to find the error message it shows when attempting to login.
Tranquillado

Post by Tranquillado »

brand404 wrote:I hope you are open to keep trying out new tests...

Of course! I appreciate your help.

Same problem checking a "new" account; checklist did not help. Here's the output from the error console after clearing and clicking GMM:

brand404

Post by brand404 »

Tranquillado wrote:
brand404 wrote:I hope you are open to keep trying out new tests...

Of course! I appreciate your help.

Same problem checking a "new" account; checklist did not help. Here's the output from the error console after clearing and clicking GMM:

I wonder if it is a Mac OSX issue? I am trying to get my Virtual Machine working to go check right now but it is misbehaving (not giving me net access).

Update:
Well, i just checked OSX...it works fine there.

So, just to make sure, you've disabled all your plugins AND extensions except for GMM and you are still having problems logging in even with a new account?

Do you have any anti-virus/anti spyware or a tool that sits between the internet and your browser running in OSX?
gmoulin

Post by gmoulin »

Is there a version of Gmail Manager for firefox 4 beta 7 please ?
The one posted before for the alpha can't install because "it seems corrupted".
iHastr

Post by iHastr »

gmoulin wrote:Is there a version of Gmail Manager for firefox 4 beta 7 please ?

See my post here. File is uploaded to another file sharing.

Turn on the addon-bar in the Firefox 4 toolbar settings!
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Hi,

Just a quick feature request for those of us with multiple accounts.
When a new email is found on an account not currently showing on the toolbar, can we have the Gmail icon change half blue for example?

Thanks.