[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

facted wrote:Right clicking on the icon if it is placed on the toolbar area no longer oipens the options menu, like it did in previous versions. Is this by design or just an oversight?

Yeah, the new version uses the Customize Toolbar for positioning and you should not have a drop down arror that you click on instead of right clicking on the icon. I am using this method so that it is more integrated into Firefox and adds nice drag and drop feature.

kmonihen wrote:I just got the update to 0.4.3.1, but clicking the status bar icon will no longer open a new tab to check mail, even though I have it set to open in a "new tab (focused)"

You are absolutely right. This is being caused by the alert notification not being detected for Mac and Linux machines. I have fixed this issue and will put out an updated version. Thanks for the heads up.

- TL
kmonihen

Post by kmonihen »

Thanks for the new version. It works fine now =]

-Keith
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

No problem.

- TL
papu

Post by papu »

hi, the "Specific position" in the option "Statusbar" is working odd on my mozilla 1.5.0.1 in versions
gmail manager 0.4.3.1 and 0.4.3.2. i can't put the icon on navigation toolbar.

thandks, adéu
unwoken

Post by unwoken »

Hi. For me (ubuntu linux 5.10), the new version 0.4.3.2 has a slight issue. when right clicking on the status bar to change accounts, the account names disappear completely. the upper and lower seperators which isolate the accounts are very close together and any text (i.e. account names) do not appear to be listed at all. it 'is' possible to change accounts, but you are really just guessing which account it is you are clicking on.

i re-installed version 0.4.1 which i had saved previously and everything works just fine (although i did have to edit the install.rdf file to include Fx 1.5.0.1.

nb. on ubuntu 1.5.0.1 will not be officially supported until 6.04 (April 06) so if i was using ubuntu cleared software only, i would not be using 1.5* at all. i don't know if this could be part of the problem at all, but if it is, it is the only one i have had (not a problem, just would be a slight surprise).

cheers,

~uw

EDIT: confirmed (on this box at least). installed 0.4.3.2 on 1.07 (2nd user for this computer), and while the seperators were not as close together, the account names were missing from the right click context menu (click on status bar). am i doing something wrong, is this only happening to me, or is it the extension?

either way, as posted above, 0.4.1 works fine if i edit it for Fx 1.5.0.1 usability, so i am still happy. BTW, great extension!
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

papu wrote:hi, the "Specific position" in the option "Statusbar" is working odd on my mozilla 1.5.0.1 in versions

The new version uses the Customize Toolbar feature in Firefox which will allow you to easily drag and drop the icon on the navigation toolbar. I've added that to the FAQ section on my website which you can find here:

http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/faq
papu

Post by papu »

tmlong wrote:
papu wrote:hi, the "Specific position" in the option "Statusbar" is working odd on my mozilla 1.5.0.1 in versions

The new version uses the Customize Toolbar feature in Firefox which will allow you to easily drag and drop the icon on the navigation toolbar. I've added that to the FAQ section on my website which you can find here:

http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/faq

ah ,ok pretty good.
then ESPECIFIC POSITION option, it has not sense, hasn't it?
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

papu wrote:then ESPECIFIC POSITION option, it has not sense, hasn't it?

Yes it does, that specific position is for the statusbar. This is because the Customize Toolbar does not have the ability to position the icon on the statusbar. Therefore you must specify the position you want the icon to appear in the statusbar.

- TL
mjpoetic

Happening to me too!

Post by mjpoetic »

unwoken wrote:Hi. For me (ubuntu linux 5.10), the new version 0.4.3.2 has a slight issue. when right clicking on the status bar to change accounts, the account names disappear completely. the upper and lower seperators which isolate the accounts are very close together and any text (i.e. account names) do not appear to be listed at all. it 'is' possible to change accounts, but you are really just guessing which account it is you are clicking on.

i re-installed version 0.4.1 which i had saved previously and everything works just fine (although i did have to edit the install.rdf file to include Fx 1.5.0.1.

nb. on ubuntu 1.5.0.1 will not be officially supported until 6.04 (April 06) so if i was using ubuntu cleared software only, i would not be using 1.5* at all. i don't know if this could be part of the problem at all, but if it is, it is the only one i have had (not a problem, just would be a slight surprise).

cheers,

~uw

EDIT: confirmed (on this box at least). installed 0.4.3.2 on 1.07 (2nd user for this computer), and while the seperators were not as close together, the account names were missing from the right click context menu (click on status bar). am i doing something wrong, is this only happening to me, or is it the extension?

either way, as posted above, 0.4.1 works fine if i edit it for Fx 1.5.0.1 usability, so i am still happy. BTW, great extension!

This happens to me too...by any chance are you using Phoenity for your Theme? Because I use it and they account names disappear, but switching to other themes seems to be okay.
unwoken

Re: Happening to me too!

Post by unwoken »

mjpoetic wrote:This happens to me too...by any chance are you using Phoenity for your Theme? Because I use it and they account names disappear, but switching to other themes seems to be okay.

interesting. i believe i am actually using Gnome-Fx for both users (two seperate versions of the theme as one is designed purley for Fx 1.5). I tested it for Fx 1.07 and 1.5.0.1 (both suffered the same problem), but didn't think of changing themes.

i am at work (only windows here), but will check this later (at home) to see if another theme i like might work with it.

it is strange, especially as previous versions of gmal manager work fine on Ubuntu. still, i will give it a go.

~uw
pennstatephil

Personalized Home issues?

Post by pennstatephil »

I use google's personalized home and since I've installed this extension it seems to clear my cookie or something because I don't stay logged in (I have to re-login to see my personalized homepage every time I restart firefox). I have the auto-login box checked in startup, but there's only 1 account so I didn't think that'd be an issue... let me know, thanks!
-Phil
tmlong

Re: Personalized Home issues?

Post by tmlong »

pennstatephil wrote:I use google's personalized home and since I've installed this extension it seems to clear my cookie or something because I don't stay logged in (I have to re-login to see my personalized homepage every time I restart firefox). I have the auto-login box checked in startup, but there's only 1 account so I didn't think that'd be an issue... let me know, thanks!

If you click on the Gmail Manager icon to goto your Gmail account's Inbox then yes it will replace your cookies with that account's information just as if you went mail.google.com and signed into your account. If you just use the extension for receiving new mail notifications it will not alter your cookies. Hope this helps.

- TL
unwoken

Post by unwoken »

i have another one which recently has been affecting me.

on MS windows at work i usually have a number of firefox windows open at the same time. if i click on mail notification popup when new mail arrives the manager will open gmail in all open firefox windows.

is there any way of stopping this from happening (aside from not clicking the new mail notification popup)?

~uw
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

unwoken wrote:on MS windows at work i usually have a number of firefox windows open at the same time. if i click on mail notification popup when new mail arrives the manager will open gmail in all open firefox windows.

is there any way of stopping this from happening (aside from not clicking the new mail notification popup)?

You are absolutely right about this behaviour and unfortunately with the current version this cannot be stopped. I will resolve this issue for the next release and thanks for bringing it to my attention. I guess the question would be for which window should the tab open in (first, last, focused)? I assume that it should be the most recent window. Let me know if you have any other thoughts on this.

- TL
gorva

great

Post by gorva »

I just started using this extension and it is great, greetings for the good work :)

At the moment I just noticed a little annoyance, that is not an issue of your extension but that you could possibly fix :

When reading a mail (in Gmail GUI), clicking on a "mailto" link opens a new firefox window, regardless if the extension is installed or not.
I didn't find any option in gmail settings to disable that, of course if it exists just tell me and you can avoid reading the rest of this post.
I have gmail manager's option regarding mailto links set to "open in new tab".
Then, when I click on a mailto link inside a mail, it opens me a tab (great) and an annoying new window :(

Is it possible for you to add an option to trick that gmail feature and don't open a new window ?
or is it that something to ask directly to gmail dev team...