[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Cal.123

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail acco

Post by Cal.123 »

twisted99 wrote:
Cal.123 wrote:
twisted99 wrote:trying to follow Odilatinam's instructions but I get stuck on changing it back to an XPI. How do I do that?

Just put the modified files back into a zip and rename it to xpi.

Do I delete the original GMM?

Sure you would. But use the new one just posted by iHastr as it seems fine here! Just look up about 3 posts or so.
Cal.123

Post by Cal.123 »

There is nothing wrong with Gmail Checker compared to Gmail Manager. Only 68KB install, compared to over 200KB...probably less resources if anyone cares also.

Frankly I'm staying with Checker, over the GManager, as the author keeps it updated !
twisted99

Post by twisted99 »

Do I delete the original GMM?[/quote]
Sure you would. But use the new one just posted by iHastr as it seems fine here! Just look up about 3 posts or so.[/quote]

yeah, I just did that. Still would like to learn how to do it myself.
Cal.123

Post by Cal.123 »

twisted99 wrote:Do I delete the original GMM?

Sure you would. But use the new one just posted by iHastr as it seems fine here! Just look up about 3 posts or so.[/quote]

yeah, I just did that. Still would like to learn how to do it myself.[/quote]
Check your PM messages - I attempted to explain.

:)
Castaa

Post by Castaa »

iHastr wrote:Hi! Here a modified version of the old modification of gmanager.0.6.1.0.1.20110112 by Mook, fixed by Odilatinam method. It correctly displays cyrillic symbols and should even work with alpha versions of Firefox 8. In order to this addon did not offer to upgrade to the official version (0.6.4.1 still broken), I changed the first digit of the version number by 7 instead of zero. I fix it only for myself and it works for me on Firefox 6.0.2 :)

Thank you so much. Installed your modified xpi extension and it worked like a charm. Thanks for posting it. :mrgreen:
M3Rocket

Post by M3Rocket »

Odilatinam wrote:Ok, I've figured out a work around:

To see more info in the Error Console, you need to visit about:config and change longfocus.gmanager.debug to true. After restarting the browser, you will see all the debugging information.

On my Win 7 machine at work, it was successfully getting the auth cookies at https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLoginAuth. However, on my Snow Leopard machine at home, it was getting a cookie to go to https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLoginAuth instead. The code will check the current URL for "ServiceLoginAuth" and say oh, wrong password.

The solution:

Go to your Firefox profile directory
Go to the extensions directory
Gmail Manager is {582195F5-92E7-40a0-A127-DB71295901D7}
(if it is an xpi, then you need to copy it, rename to zip, unpack, do the following changes, rezip, rename; if it is a directory, you can just do the changes directly)
Edit install.rdf to make it 6.0.* instead of 4.0.* (I guess Firefox only checks this during installation or if you change something in the extension)
Edit components/gmServiceGmail.js and change http://www.google.com/accounts to accounts.google.com
Restart Firefox, and it works for me on both my Snow Leopard and Win Vista machines.

Wunderbar! This solved my problem. Thanx a million Odilatinam! =D>
Odilatinam

Post by Odilatinam »

Glad I could help. I also was perplexed about a blank error console, until I looked at the code of the extension and saw the debug flag.

And oops, I forgot about FF 7 Beta. But changing the 6 to a 7 is relatively simple. I'm not sure why darnabar needed to change it to 7 for FF 6 though...in any case it doesn't hurt.

twisted99 wrote:Still would like to learn how to do it myself.

Theoretically you can just rename the original and make the modified one the old name. But I've never tried that, the method I usually dealt with XPI is the following:

copy xpi to desktop
uninstall extension from firefox and restart it
rename xpi to zip, unpack, edit, rezip, rename back to xpi
drag the new xpi into firefox, it will ask if you want to install the add on

Cal.123 wrote:So I went to Gmail Checker as it's the closest to Manager as to options.

It doesn't look like it can have an add-on bar icon for each account according to the reviews :( That's my favorite part of GMM. Although the archive and mark read in snippet sounds interesting...
hornetster

Post by hornetster »

The solution:

Go to your Firefox profile directory
Go to the extensions directory
etc....

Brilliant!
Thanks a heap - back in action.
John.
Mr.Gump

Post by Mr.Gump »

I have been combing through the last couple pages to see the fix for GMail Manager not working, can someone please tell me how to do it simply?
megaspit

Post by megaspit »

Mr.Gump wrote:I have been combing through the last couple pages to see the fix for GMail Manager not working, can someone please tell me how to do it simply?

Not very good at reading, are we?

iHastr wrote:Hi! Here a modified version of the old modification of gmanager.0.6.1.0.1.20110112 by Mook, fixed by Odilatinam method. It correctly displays cyrillic symbols and should even work with alpha versions of Firefox 8. In order to this addon did not offer to upgrade to the official version (0.6.4.1 still broken), I changed the first digit of the version number by 7 instead of zero. I fix it only for myself and it works for me on Firefox 6.0.2 :)
Mr.Gump

Post by Mr.Gump »

thank you, what do i do with it?
stupidstuffjunk

Post by stupidstuffjunk »

download it, drag it to firefox and open with firefox... or right click on it and open with firefox...
sunny_one

Post by sunny_one »

For those on 3.6*, where changing the version number in the .rdf doesn't apply:

1. Browse yourself to C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\A RANDOM CODE IS HERE.default\extensions\

2. Locate the file {582195F5-92E7-40a0-A127-DB71295901D7}.xpi and use WinRaR/WinZip ect. to extract the files

3. Open the components folder, look for the file gmServiceGmail.js and use a text editor to modify the file

4. Look for these 2 lines:

this._loginURL = "https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLoginAuth";
should be changed to this
this._loginURL = "https://accounts.google.com/accounts/ServiceLoginAuth?service=mail";

this._loginURL = "https://www.google.com/a/" + this.domain + "/LoginAction2";
should be changed to this
this._loginURL = "https://accounts.google.com/a/"+ar[1]+"/LoginAction2?service=mail";

5. Save the file, overwrite the existing gmServiceGmail.js with this one and VIOLA! After restarting Firefox you should be all set.

I found that I didn't need to unpack anything, I just edited the .js file as directed, saved, and restarted firefox.

Thanks to divrsit for this.
(https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r/reviews/)
Mr.Gump

Post by Mr.Gump »

megaspit wrote:
Mr.Gump wrote:I have been combing through the last couple pages to see the fix for GMail Manager not working, can someone please tell me how to do it simply?

Not very good at reading, are we?

thank you, seems to have fixed the issue for 2/3 of my accounts using FF 6.0.2. Yes, I am not good at reading :evil:

thank you as well, Sunny
Cal.123

Post by Cal.123 »

No offense - but this has been a great gmail manager over the past several years...but getting TL to take care of it is like pulling teeth with a crowbar. That's my reason for finally deciding to change to another where the author updates and takes care of what he created.

As all know...the hacks of the extension will soon fail to work due to some coding changes. I appreciate the members who have the experience and talent to modify Gmail Manager - *so far*! But I fear that soon something will come along that only the original author will have the ability to modify, and there we'll all go again like we did several months ago. Mr. Long finally showed up here...but only after much severe prodding. Can someone set a fire under him again and get him to make an authorized upgrade?? If so, please do.

Just my opinion, so take no personal offense.

:|