[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
piperka

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail acco

Post by piperka »

I have nothing changed on my ff settings...and yes, every time I close ff the passwords are cleared
samuelal

Post by samuelal »

Hello.

Does anyone know where does Gmail Manager save my account(s) passwords?

I've found its prefs.xml file under:
c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\%RANDOMNAME%.default\gmanager\

..but it doesn't have any passwords/hashes.

Thanks in advance!
//subscribed to thread.
TEA-Time

Post by TEA-Time »

They're saved in Firefox's own password store. Click the Saved Passwords button on the Security panel of the options and look for longfocus.gmanager.account entries. At least that's where the version I'm using stores them. I'm not sure about other more recent forks of this project.
samuelal

Post by samuelal »

TEA-Time wrote:They're saved in Firefox's own password store. Click the Saved Passwords button on the Security panel of the options and look for longfocus.gmanager.account entries. At least that's where the version I'm using stores them. I'm not sure about other more recent forks of this project.

Thank you very much! :D

I'm currently using version Gmail Manager v0.6.4.1.4 with Firefox v23.0.1 and that's exactly where they are.
TEA-Time

Post by TEA-Time »

samuelal wrote:Thank you very much! :D

I'm currently using version Gmail Manager v0.6.4.1.4 with Firefox v23.0.1 and that's exactly where they are.

Cool, I'm glad I could help. :)
RazorBoy

Post by RazorBoy »

Getting a weird problem with tomondev's Gmail Manager where, even though I mark all messages unread, they still display as read. So even if I have no new messages in in my Gmail inbox, the extension will say I have "346 new messages" when it should be zero. The problem extends to every GMail account I have, and it's rendered the extension, for all intense and purposes, utterly uselsss.
RazorBoy

Post by RazorBoy »

Just checked with GMail Manager NG. The same problem is happening there.
weliot

Post by weliot »

Since yesterday (26th Sept.), snippets no longer work for me on any of my 4 computers under Linux, Windows and with Firefox 17, 24 or 25. Only solution I can find is to install Gmail Notifier (startless) which shows snippets, but I much prefer Gmail Manager.
weliot

Post by weliot »

weliot wrote:Since yesterday (26th Sept.), snippets no longer work for me on any of my 4 computers under Linux, Windows and with Firefox 17, 24 or 25. Only solution I can find is to install Gmail Notifier (startless) which shows snippets, but I much prefer Gmail Manager.

And just now, miraculously, snippets are back on all my systems, without my changing anything. I wonder what Google is up to.
RazorBoy

Post by RazorBoy »

Now it's getting weirder. I've found that, with the exception of one account, that I can simply right-click on the Gmail Manager NG icon in the toolbar, select an account to check after marking the e-mail in there as unread, and it goes back to normal. But with my main account? It still lists 400+ e-mail messages as unread, even though there aren't any in the account. WTF?
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

tmlong wrote:Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Get it now at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/gmail-manager/

The original Gmail notifier for multiple accounts. Allows you to receive new mail notifications along with viewing account details including unread messages, saved drafts, spam messages, labels with new mail, space used, and new mail snippets.

http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/

What's new in 0.6.4.1 released 3/20/2011
- Fixed redirect URL encoding issue

Please check out my homepage as you may find other extensions that could prove useful =)

http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/

If you have any issues, comments, and/or suggestions please feel free to leave a post!

- TL

Sir I have problems: In 1 gmail account the extension keeps asking for password (it presents the username) dor one of the gmail accounts. When I fill it out manually with the password, it asks me again (I guess it rejects the password?). I know the password intimately so that's not the problem. Invariably I will click cancel. I'm still not sure why I have gmail manager though I do now have another Google Apps gmail, which is presenting no problems in your manager even though the password is more complex & I don't have it memorized. :?:
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
RazorBoy

Post by RazorBoy »

Okay, I know what the problem is. GMail's new weird tabbed feature was hiding email from me. Turning that damn thing off finally allowed me to see these hidden emails and select them all as "Mark as Read" to allow Gmail Manager NG to work correctly.

BTW: When Gmal Manager NG backs up your settings, it successfully creates an XML file every single time. The tomondev version? The backup file is saved, but without the .xml extension (You have to manually add it later.)
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

walkerpbus wrote:
tmlong wrote:Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Get it now at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/gmail-manager/

The original Gmail notifier for multiple accounts. Allows you to receive new mail notifications along with viewing account details including unread messages, saved drafts, spam messages, labels with new mail, space used, and new mail snippets.

http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/

What's new in 0.6.4.1 released 3/20/2011
- Fixed redirect URL encoding issue

Please check out my homepage as you may find other extensions that could prove useful =)

http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/

If you have any issues, comments, and/or suggestions please feel free to leave a post!

- TL

Sir I have problems: In 1 gmail account the extension keeps asking for password (it presents the username) dor one of the gmail accounts. When I fill it out manually with the password, it asks me again (I guess it rejects the password?). I know the password intimately so that's not the problem. Invariably I will click cancel. I'm still not sure why I have gmail manager though I do now have another Google Apps gmail, which is presenting no problems in your manager even though the password is more complex & I don't have it memorized. :?:

Addenda: do the general options need to be set for save passwords by Firefox? Since I have Roboform which seems to work on any other thing except FF extensions, I have to answer FF no, don't save very frequently if I set the general options save passwords ON in the general options. BUT EVERY TIME THE GMAIL MANAGER ASKS FOR THE PASSWORD TO 1 GMAIL ACCOUNT, BUT NOT THE OTHER !
](*,)
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
Robert_Aus

Post by Robert_Aus »

Ive looked at the work around...managed all of it except how to set the properties on the new xpi file (after the changes) so it default opens with windows shell.
Running Win7
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

Robert_Aus wrote:Ive looked at the work around...managed all of it except how to set the properties on the new xpi file (after the changes) so it default opens with windows shell.
Running Win7

How do I interpret this reply? Is this the announcement of a new gmail manager which I should try?