[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
SkylineSchool

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.5.7.4 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Post by SkylineSchool »

I installed jooliaan's fix and it worked like new. Everything's back working. Thanks!
the one linked here http://ext.extenzilla.org/G/gmailmanage ... -fx+sm.xpi
anderfrank

Post by anderfrank »

curvefan wrote:
Also, I have to check the box to allow third party cookies in Firefox's browser or this new fix doesn't work. I used to be able to not allow third party cookies and gmail manager still worked fine. I guess I can live with this if I have to.

I am also experiencing the same issue. If possible it would be nice to not have to enable third party cookies to have this extension work.
adriankd

Post by adriankd »

I have had a problem all week but have not made any changes, the good news is that all my accounts in the manager are working 100% today with no issues or having to log in via the Google log in. Its just as it should be!
eangwin

Post by eangwin »

I have installed the updates and all of my standard gmail accounts auto login now. My google apps accounts still require manual logon. Any suggestions or fixes?
riversr

Post by riversr »

magowiz wrote:
riversr wrote:i just reinstalled my windows and now i can't get my gmail manager to work: when i click on the email it just goes to gmail but doesn't log me in

i have downloaded the bigod26's mod made available by jooliaan but do not know how to apply it or if it will resolve my problem

thanks in advance if you can help me

You should simply download and save somewhere on your computer the file provided by jooliaan, then open firefox , click File->Open File and select the xpi file, firefox will ask you if you want to install the extension and after the installation you have to restart firefox.

has worked great all day thank you again and thank you jooliaan for the fix: ROCK ON
TuffGirl

Post by TuffGirl »

Well, everything *was* working. Accounts are no longer checking for email. When I tell them to check, they show no new email, but when I open the account, there is email.
alexandroid

Post by alexandroid »

Installed jooliaan's xpi. Logins to gmail.com accounts work, but logins for gmail-based custom domain accounts do not. Not sure about email notifications, since I do not have new emails for now.

I have two accounts on another website which uses gmail for email, and when I try clicking an account, the opened tab falls into endless loop of redirected pages. =\
leftkidney

Post by leftkidney »

jooliaan wrote:It is possible to download a fully working xpi packaged version of Gmail Manager 0.5.7.4 by patched with bigod26's mod from here. Just for convenience we named it 0.5.7.4.1.

HTH.

Ciao :)

all this does is have gmail tell me that I have my cookies turned off - but they are not turned off - 3rd party cookies are turned off because there is no reason to ever need these other than tracking purposes so I have never allowed this in the past - now I have to have them on, nope I just wont use this until it works properly again

not sure if it is the extension or gmail causing this problem but its fine I am using gmail notifier and it works properly so it must be the extension not gmail
SpongeSub

Post by SpongeSub »

[Case]
Google Apps (other domain) does not work.

[Work around]
gmServiceGmail.js and utils.js

Code: Select all

url = "https://www.google.com/a/" + domain + "/LoginAction2";

replace to:

Code: Select all

url = "https://www.google.com/a/" + domain + "/LoginAction2?service=mail";

Please try to test.
Let's share!

magowiz

Post by magowiz »

here also with google-apps the posted xpi works.... without your workaround. I tried two different domains.
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

I updated the code to fix the automatic login process. I'm still working on updating the 0.6 codebase which has been delayed somewhat with these login issues. Please check out this new version and let me know how it works for you. Once it looks like everyone is in working order I'll get it submitted to AMO which hopefully will get it approved sooner than later.

http://longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/releases/gmanager0575b2.xpi

- TL
magowiz

Post by magowiz »

tmlong wrote:I updated the code to fix the automatic login process. I'm still working on updating the 0.6 codebase which has been delayed somewhat with these login issues. Please check out this new version and let me know how it works for you. Once it looks like everyone is in working order I'll get it submitted to AMO which hopefully will get it approved sooner than later.

- TL

This version works great here : both with gmail.com and google apps .
Thank you for your efforts tmlong
SpongeSub

Post by SpongeSub »

magowiz wrote:here also with google-apps the posted xpi works.... without your workaround. I tried two different domains.

Thanks,report.
Shadoefax

Post by Shadoefax »

All is well here with gmanager0575b2.xpi also.
All my signatures are stolen from other people. Including this one.
Homepage
curvefan

Post by curvefan »

tmlong wrote:I updated the code to fix the automatic login process. I'm still working on updating the 0.6 codebase which has been delayed somewhat with these login issues. Please check out this new version and let me know how it works for you. Once it looks like everyone is in working order I'll get it submitted to AMO which hopefully will get it approved sooner than later.

- TL

Thanks for this new build. I am still having problems unfortunately.

After installing this latest build I checked my Google Apps account and it worked. I then checked my gmail account and it worked also.

I then tried checking my Google Apps account again and it only went to the log in page. I checked my Gmail account and it also only went to the log in page. I then enabled third party cookies in Firefox's browser and the accounts started working again.

I tried a third time to check these accounts and the computer completely froze when it was logging into one of the accounts. I had to manually power down the computer and restart it.

I really don't want to have to enable third party cookies in my browser. Is there anyway around that problem? It used to work without having to enable third party cookies.

I have no idea why the PC froze when it was logging into the one account. I will await further developments.

Again, thanks for this great program, and all your hard work.